Edward Snowden nominated for Nobel Peace Prize

numan

What! Me Worry?
Mar 23, 2013
'

A Swedish professor has nominated Edward Snowden for the Nobel Peace Prize, saying that awarding the former NSA employee would correct Nobel Committee's mistake in giving the award to President Barack Obama in 2009. According to a translation of the letter published by the Daily Mail and RT.com, Umea Univ. sociology prof Stefan Svallfors wrote the committee that Snowden has made the world safer in releasing information about United States surveillance.

“The decision to award the 2013 prize to Edward Snowden would - in addition to being well justified in itself -- also help to save the Nobel Peace Prize from the disrepute that incurred by the hasty and ill-conceived decision to award U.S. President Barack Obama the 2009 award,” Svallfors said. Because of Svallfors’s professorship at Umeå, he is one of the people who can submit a nomination to the Nobel organization.
I hope everyone is happy that the Obama error can be rectified !!

LOL, I'm hopeful that I may get the prize someday.. After all, I don't go around starting any fights.

I can't believe this has received so few responses, but apparently people care more about a couple of idiots in FloriDUH than the police state they live in.

At least someone recognizes the Obama Peace Prize was a huge mistake. Personally, the Nobel committee has lost all my respect years ago.

While I do believe that Edward Snowden did the right thing, I believe most of the nominations and winners of the Nobel Peace prize didn't deserve it. It's become... meaningless. Let's give the award to people who have actually accomplished major endeavors that have truly benefitted mankind... like those who made advancements in medicine, technology, and national diplomacy.

It's enough that they recognize that the obama prize was a mistake. They could revoke it if they really wanted to. Nominating Snowden because he exposed obama as a world class criminal isn't advancing the cause of "peace". He might deserve the Medal of Freedom award, but not the Nobel Peace Prize.

In a way it definitely cancels Barry's Nobel Prize. Symbolically anyway.

The other poster is correct though, generally, this should be reserved for technological achievements that benefit the planet.

I can't believe this has received so few responses, but apparently people care more about a couple of idiots in FloriDUH than the police state they live in.
You are beginning to understand the country in which you live.

'

A Swedish professor has nominated Edward Snowden for the Nobel Peace Prize, saying that awarding the former NSA employee would correct Nobel Committee's mistake in giving the award to President Barack Obama in 2009. According to a translation of the letter published by the Daily Mail and RT.com, Umea Univ. sociology prof Stefan Svallfors wrote the committee that Snowden has made the world safer in releasing information about United States surveillance.

“The decision to award the 2013 prize to Edward Snowden would - in addition to being well justified in itself -- also help to save the Nobel Peace Prize from the disrepute that incurred by the hasty and ill-conceived decision to award U.S. President Barack Obama the 2009 award,” Svallfors said. Because of Svallfors’s professorship at Umeå, he is one of the people who can submit a nomination to the Nobel organization.
I hope everyone is happy that the Obama error can be rectified !!

That's awesome! Thanks for posting it.

No offense dude, but I've understood it for years. That's why I'm so pissed off. I'd leave tomorrow if I could and jet set to Ireland, Iceland or even Sweden but I have too many responsibilities here. Give me an American flag and I'll gladly burn it.

No offense dude, but I've understood it for years. That's why I'm so pissed off.
I'd leave tomorrow if I could and jet set to Ireland, Iceland or even Sweden but I have too many responsibilities here.

Give me an American flag and I'll gladly burn it.
What!! You would wantonly destroy something which a child in a third-world factory has worked so hard to produce? · · :D

Forum List

Back