Egyptian (Muslim Brotherhood) Morsi to be overthrown?-Military Moves in to take over

Joe, you've been stalking my comments for weeks with personal attacks. It is time for it to stop. Once again, you've been reported for it. Wise up before you get thrown off the board. Attack the post, not the poster. If that is beyond your ability I suggest you try arts and crafts forum. - Jeri

Guy, I'm doing a pretty good job of refuting your craziness.

And maybe you need to check it out. THis is a no-holds barred forum.

Joe, Trolling a thread is not permitted on USMB. I already pointed this out to you before. You need to respond to the content of thread - personal attacks are not a reply. I've reported this one to the moderators. Please try to comply with USMB rules from now on. Thanks. - Jeri

Guy, you keep throwing out bizarre ass conspiracy theories, I'm going to treat them for what they are.

The trolling in my opinion is turning EVERY thread into a forum for your bizarre "Bilderbergers are hiding under my bed" bullshit.

I'd have loved to have had a sensible discussion about policy towards Egypt, but you hijacked the thread.
He didn't hijack the thread moron. His opinion is every bit as relevant on this board as anyone else's.

But since you love to pass judgement, I'll pass a little of my own on you, YOU are one FUCKED UP DUDE man. You are so far out in libtard lala land that I don't see hardly anyone on this board agreeing with a damn word you say.

And you think Jeremiah is crazy. Look in the mirror ass wipe.

Jeremiah has a valid point, and the Bilderbergers are as real the nose on your face, idiot.

Wrong, Joe. Obama abandoned Mubarak because Mubarak refused to sign away Egyptian Sovereignty and control to the IMF. The Intenational Monetary Fund lead by Rapist Strauss - Kahn ( of the famous NYC Maid Rape Case He got off scott free ) wanted Mubarek and Qaddafi to sign over control to them (.

Strauss_Kahn didn't get off "Scott-Free". He was forced to resign.

And it turned out the woman was lying her ass off and was caught on tape figuring out how to blackmail money out of this guy.

Which has nothing to do with Egypt.

Egypt, the problem is, the country is a basket case with 13.2% unemployment.

The notion that the Bilderbergers or the IMF or whoever you think is hiding under your bed has nothing to do with the fact these countries are grindingly poor and have been mismanaged by their oligarchies.

He resigned during the trial while they installed a woman temporarily to fill his seat. After the trial? He was right back in his seat as head of the IMF. LOOK IT UP.

The Muslim Maid was threatened with being sent back to Guinea with her daughter and was intimidated into silence. As the head of IMF could he manage to have that arranged for her? Yes, he could.

The IMF is the subject of this thread in regards to why Mubarek was really removed in the first place and why Morsi is about to be removed. You were too busy making tin foil hats to address that one, Joe.

THAT is the bottom line here. - Jeri

[
He didn't hijack the thread moron. His opinion is every bit as relevant on this board as anyone else's.

But since you love to pass judgement, I'll pass a little of my own on you, YOU are one FUCKED UP DUDE man. You are so far out in libtard lala land that I don't see hardly anyone on this board agreeing with a damn word you say.

And you think Jeremiah is crazy. Look in the mirror ass wipe.

Jeremiah has a valid point, and the Bilderbergers are as real the nose on your face, idiot.

Oooohkay... I know you really need to believe shadowy figures are pulling the strings.

Egypt has a problem because Morsi didn't have the skills to fix the problems. Overthrowing Mubarek was acheived, but then they didn't know what to do next.

And I'll go one further. As much as I am loathe to encourage the "Muslims are hiding under your bed" sorts, the fact is, Morsi did scare away a lot of the tourism from Europe, America and Israel that was key to Egypt's economy, which made a bad situation worse.

The Bilderbergers didn't do anything. They did this to themselves!

The voted Muslim brotherhood.

They expected milk and cookies?

I think they expected a government that would solve the problems and didn't get one.

And they voted it fairly. So they have to deal with the consequences, and consider the fact that this was what the people want.

I'm not sure what your point is here, and I'm always suspicious when Zionists take joy in their Muslim neighbor's misery.

[

He resigned during the trial while they installed a woman temporarily to fill his seat. After the trial? He was right back in his seat as head of the IMF. LOOK IT UP.

The Muslim Maid was threatened with being sent back to Guinea with her daughter and was intimidated into silence. As the head of IMF could he manage to have that arranged for her? Yes, he could.

The IMF is the subject of this thread in regards to why Mubarek was really removed in the first place and why Morsi is about to be removed. You were too busy making tin foil hats to address that one, Joe.

THAT is the bottom line here. - Jeri

No, guy, that wasn't the bottom line here. There's nothing about the Bilderbergers or IMF in the OP.

You hijacked this thread because you are just a little crazy.

for the record, the woman in question, Nafissatou Diallo, has a long history of lying.

Also, Diallo told a compelling and detailed story of being gang raped by soldiers in Guinea—that was completely fabricated. Over a two-week period she told the story to prosecutors twice. Both times with great emotion, precision, and conviction, including: tears; halting speech; the number and nature of her attackers; pointing out scars that were supposedly from the attack; and how her 2-year old daughter was present. When she finally admitted that the story was fabricated, she at first said that she made up the attack to be consistent with her asylum application. But that too turned out to be untrue—as her asylum application makes no mention of any gang rape.[38][39][40]

In addition, the prosecution learned that, the day following the alleged assault, the housekeeper had made a phone call in her native Fula language to her boyfriend in an immigration detention center.[41][42] The New York Times quoted a law enforcement official as saying that a translation of the call revealed she had used words to the effect of "Don’t worry, this guy has a lot of money. I know what I’m doing." Prosecutors claimed that the conversation, one of at least three they recorded, raised "very troubling" questions about the credibility of the accuser "because she discussed the possible benefits of pursuing charges against a wealthy man."[10][43] According to the Times, the translation of the call "alarmed prosecutors" as being another in a "series of troubling statements."[41] After obtaining the recorded audio from the call, the accuser's attorney explained that it was the inmate who expressed fear about the financial power of DSK and Nafissatou merely dismissed his fears by saying that her lawyer knew what he was doing.[1][44]

.[

I am pleased to see that the White House lip service is at least backs what a democracy should be about. The new sharia based constitution in Egypt was the death knell for this nascent, albeit broken, government.

"President Obama encouraged President Morsi to take steps to show that he is responsive to their concerns..."Democracy is about more than elections," the statement said. "It is also about ensuring that the voices of all Egyptians are heard and represented by their government, including the many Egyptians demonstrating throughout the country. The United States is a big aid donor to Egypt and its military. Obama "told President Morsi that the United States is committed to the democratic process in Egypt and does not support any single party or group," the White House said."

US puts pressure on Morsi to listen to Egyptian people

Yes, Joe, I understand why it would be in your best interest to believe this maid whose reputation doesn't fit this ridiculous profile ( at all ) made up a story about the most powerful guest staying at hotel she was employed at ( for years ) in order to accuse him of a rape he didn't commit and that is why she beat herself up and put bruises all over her body. Then she extracted his semen in his sleep and had someone place that inside her so she could confirm the rape. Yeah, right.

It was consensual according to Strauss - Kahn. Why did Strauss - Kahn claim he had consensual sex with the Muslim Maid? Because he couldn't explain how his semen was found inside her. That's why. In a nutshell. - Jeri p.s. I never knew that maid service included sex at NYC Hotels. Silly me.

Absolutely, Connery. Obama won't support Morsi if he doesn't take the IMF money in exchange for signing over a piece of Egypt ( control ) to IMF and sign on the dotted line. Obama thought Morsi would play ball. He rejected the IMF offer so now they will replace him with someone who won't reject the offer. It is just that simple.

Yes, Joe, I understand why it would be in your best interest to believe this maid whose reputation doesn't fit this ridiculous profile ( at all ) made up a story about the most powerful guest staying at hotel she was employed at ( for years ) in order to accuse him of a rape he didn't commit and that is why she beat herself up and put bruises all over her body. Then she extracted his semen in his sleep and had someone place that inside her so she could confirm the rape. Yeah, right.

It was consensual according to Strauss - Kahn. Why did Strauss - Kahn claim he had consensual sex with the Muslim Maid? Because he couldn't explain how his semen was found inside her. That's why. In a nutshell. - Jeri p.s. I never knew that maid service included sex at NYC Hotels. Silly me.

You didn't?

You mean you don't get that some hotel employees make a little money on the side by having sex with guests.

Maid in Strauss-Kahn case accused of selling sex to hotel guests

THE initial portrayal of the 32-year-old Guinean-born hotel maid who accused Dominique Strauss-Kahn of sexual assault as a pious devout Muslim has again been torn apart with claims that male guests at New York's Sofitel hotel paid her for sex.

The New York Post reported that male guests at the same hotel where she claims Strauss-Kahn assaulted her had paid her for sexual services, quoting an unnamed source close to the defence team for the former International Monetary Fund chief.

So are they all in on the "conspiracy", too?

Get rid of the brotherhood scum...

Mursi, Egypt army ready to die in 'Final Hours' showdown

2013-07-03T041535Z_1_CBRE9620BUA00_RTROPTP_2_CNEWS-US-EGYPT-PROTESTS.JPG

CAIRO (Reuters) - Egypt's army commander and Islamist President Mohamed Mursi each pledged to die for his cause as a deadline neared on Wednesday that will trigger a military takeover backed by protesters.

Military chiefs, vowing to restore order in a country racked by demonstrations over Mursi's Islamist policies, issued a call to battle in a statement headlined "The Final Hours". They said they were willing to shed blood against "terrorists and fools" after Mursi refused to give up his elected office.

The armed forces general command was holding a crisis meeting, a military source said, less than five hours before an ultimatum was due to expire for Mursi to either agree to share power or make way for an army-imposed solution.

In an emotional, rambling midnight television address, the president said he was democratically elected and would stay in office to uphold the constitutional order, declaring: "The price of preserving legitimacy is my life."

Liberal opponents said it showed he had "lost his mind".

The official spokesman of his Muslim Brotherhood movement said his supporters were willing to become martyrs to defend Mursi.

"There is only one thing we can do: we will stand in between the tanks and the president," Gehad El-Haddad told Reuters at the movement's protest encampment in a Cairo suburb that houses many military installations and is near the presidential palace.

"We will not allow the will of the Egyptian people to be bullied again by the military machine."

The state-run Al-Ahram newspaper said Mursi was expected to either step down or be removed from office and that the army would set up a three-member presidential council to be chaired by the head of the Supreme Constitutional Court.

A military source said he expected the army to first call political, social and economic figures and youth activists for talks on its draft roadmap for the country's future

Mursi, Egypt army ready to die in 'Final Hours' showdown

It appears there have been deaths already ahead of the deadline.

"Egypt's military held an emergency meeting Wednesday hours ahead of its deadline for the country's embattled Islamist president to yield to the demands of millions of protesters or face intervention by the army, a defense official said.

Even as the clock ticked down toward the military's deadline around 4 p.m. (1400 GMT) local time, President Mohammed Morsi has remained defiant. In a speech late Tuesday night, he vowed not to step down and pledged to defend his legitimacy with his life in the face of three days of massive street demonstrations calling for his ouster.

The looming showdown follows a night of deadly clashes in Cairo and elsewhere in the country that left at least 23 people dead, most in a single incident near the main Cairo University campus. The latest deaths take to 39 the number of people killed since Sunday in violence between opponents and supporters of Morsi, who took office in June last year as Egypt's first freely elected leader.

The bloodshed, coupled with Morsi's defiant speech, contributed the sense that both sides are ready to fight to the end."

Egypt: Morsi's Fate in Balance Ahead of Deadline - US News and World Report

The World Bank and the International Monetary Fund reveal the 4 steps that the IMF required from nations:

to sign secret agreements of 111 items

in which they agreed to sell off their key assets - water, electric, gas, etc.

in which they agreed to take economic steps which are really devastating to the nations involved

in which they pay off the politicians billions of dollars to Swiss bank accounts to do this transfer of a countries fixed assets

If they do not agree to these steps they are cut-off from all international borrowing.

Today if can't borrow money in the international marketplace, no one can survive, whether you are people or corporations or countries. If that does not work they overthrow the government and plant lies about the former government and/or even rewrite history.

Morsi rejected IMF's final offer of Monetary Bailout in exchange for his signing over part of Egypts sovereignty and now IMF is going to make sure Morsi is driven out. The entire thing is being driven by the desperate economic situation over there. This is how IMF does it. The next president will sign up with the IMF or he will be removed too. Wait and see.

Egypt's Morsi rejects army's 48-hour ultimatum

BBC World News - 2 July 2013 Last updated at 17:23 ET

_68513084_demoap.jpg

President Morsi has criticised an army ultimatum

Egypt's president has rejected an army ultimatum that the country's crisis be resolved by Wednesday, amid deadly protests across the capital.

Mohammed Morsi insisted on his constitutional legitimacy as president and said he would not be dictated to.

It is clear he expects the military to depose him in the coming hours, says the BBC's Aleem Maqbool in Cairo.

The army earlier leaked details of its draft "roadmap" for Egypt's future to the BBC.

The plan would see new presidential elections, the suspension of the new constitution and the dissolution of parliament.

Clashes in Cairo between opponents and supporters of President Morsi killed seven people on Tuesday, the health ministry said.

The army warned on Monday that it would step in unless a solution was found, giving Mr Morsi 48 hours to find agreement with the opposition. That ultimatum expires around 16:30 (15:30 BST) on Wednesday.

BBC News - Egypt's Morsi rejects army's 48-hour ultimatum

==============================

It would appear that the Egyptian Electorate has reached the conclusion that they made a mistake.

This is what happens when you vote-in a former big-wig in the Muslim Brotherhood and allow them to shove a fresh Constitution down The People's throats.

The Army takes notice of the distress of The People, then steps in, to remove the Brotherhood shill and his fellow travelers and bulldoze what they've done into the ground.

That really isn't the issue at play - to use an overused cliche "it's the economy, stupid" ;)

Egypts got high unemployment, highest among young adults, high inflation, and an economy in shambles. People voted in Morsi because that is what they wanted addressed.

Morsi is complex - and he's dealing with complex problems that won't be quickly fixed. He's a lousy compromiser and has pissed off the military and opposing factions by refusing to deal with them. A constitution is necessary for governance and in fairness to Morsi, it was getting nowhere so I can understand why he forced things the way he did. However, in doing so and in declaring martial law and disrespecting the army (Egypt's most revered institution) he over-reached badly. The positive - from an outside point of view might be that this will erode support for the MB and allow the opposition a chance to better organize.

Then again maybe not. There is one very important point though - Morsi is the democratically elected president, like him or not. If an elected leader can be deposed by mass violence or demonstrations anytime the electorate is unhappy wit h him (rather than by the democratic process) - that is not necessarily a good thing for the future is it?

Let's try to get back on topic folks which is Morsi, Egypt, etc. - concerns about the IMF might be worth starting a new thread about :)

Egypt is going to end up in the same kind of civil war as Syria has.

Because the people are not capable of democracy this is what happens every time there is a change of leadership.

Egypt is going to end up in the same kind of civil war as Syria has.

Because the people are not capable of democracy this is what happens every time there is a change of leadership.

That's certainly a real concern - but Egypt is a different country then Syria.

Forum List

Back