Electoral College CAN elect Hillary

JohnPrewett

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2016
Thailand
“Opponents of President-elect Donald Trump are trying to persuade Republican electors to vote against him next month ……
Electors meet in their state capitals to cast their ballots; this year, that will take place Dec. 19. ………

Do electors have to vote the way their state voted?
The Constitution is silent on this point, which suggests electors can go their own way.

This is certainly the thinking behind petitions and a handful of Clinton electors urging
Republican electors to abandon Trump.
In 29 states, there are either statutes or party
rules that theoretically bind electors to honor state results.
But the penalty for becoming
a "faithless elector" is typically a fine measured in the hundreds of dollars.”

IOW: With no fear of significant legal punishment the Electoral College CAN elect Hillary

Can electors vote for Clinton rather than Trump? How the electoral college works

ps: the reward for becoming a "faithless elector" could be immense
and
the penalty for not being a "faithless elector" could also be immense

Consider all the Republicans who support Obama policies.

"carrot and stick"

"when ya got’em by the balls, you can make'em see the light"

With Michigan there will be too many to flip. if the republican electors flip for clinton ANYWHERE, there will be a million people on their doorstep lined up to kick their ass.

“Opponents of President-elect Donald Trump are trying to persuade Republican electors to vote against him next month ……
Electors meet in their state capitals to cast their ballots; this year, that will take place Dec. 19. ………

The Constitution is silent on this point, which suggests electors can go their own way.

This is certainly the thinking behind petitions and a handful of Clinton electors urging

IOW: With no fear of significant legal punishment the Electoral College CAN elect Hillary

Can electors vote for Clinton rather than Trump? How the electoral college works

and

"carrot and stick"

Sure. They can vote any way they want. The Electoral College vote we see/saw on election night is a projection of the expected vote. But it's not official until it happens on December 19.

The Constitution merely says that the several states will each corral their designated number of electors to send their votes in. But exactly how those electors vote, and exactly how they are picked, is left up to each state. Really they don't even have to hold an election at all. That's in effect just bread and circus to pass off the illusion of democracy.

In 1960 fifteen Electors in three different states cast their votes for Senator Harry Byrd --- and he wasn't even a candidate.

With Michigan there will be too many to flip. if the republican electors flip for clinton ANYWHERE, there will be a million people on their doorstep lined up to kick their ass.

There's nothing in the Constitution about "kicking their ass". Face it, the EC vote is up to them; the voters have no control over that.

Yeah so what? The people who seated them don't have any reason to keep their identities secret if they go rogue. The voters there will be pissed, and they will extract recompense. If not the rest of the country will.

But guess what, they won't Trump WILL be President he will serve TWO terms, and there will either be a Democrat party restored with no shit liberal scum, or there will be NO dimocrat party

Yeah so what? The people who seated them don't have any reason to keep their identities secret if they go rogue. The voters there will be pissed, and they will extract recompense. If not the rest of the country will.

What gives you the idea that the voters have any say in it at all?
Go read the Constitution.

But guess what, they won't Trump WILL be President he will serve TWO terms, and there will either be a Democrat party restored with no shit liberal scum, or there will be NO dimocrat party

There's no such thing as a "Democrat party". Never has been. Go learn how to write.

So the OP is advocating sedition, the overthrow of the newly elected govt, the treason / betrayal of the American people....

Liberals are really good at that.

They don't even see it's SHIT LIKE THIS that makes us NOT want THEM in power!

So the OP is advocating sedition, the overthrow of the newly elected govt, the treason / betrayal of the American people....

Liberals are really good at that.

They don't even see it's SHIT LIKE THIS that makes us NOT want THEM in power!

Have you been mixing aerosol cans again?

The OP is examining how the EC works. Which by the way hasn't happened yet, and there is no "newly elected govt". You too should go read the Constitution and learn how it works.

and

"carrot and stick"

Not gonna happen.

There's nothing in the Constitution about "kicking their ass". Face it, the EC vote is up to them; the voters have no control over that.
there is nothing in the Constitution about them receiving death threats either,but yet i seen on the news where some are receiving them...

there is nothing in the Constitution about them receiving death threats either,but yet i seen on the news where some are receiving them...

Ah I dunno -- I read in here where one guy claims that.

The fact remains ---- the POTUS and VPOTUS are elected by the EC, not by the voters, and it's out of our hands. Actually it was never in our hands. The entire Election Day charade is a sham. People oughta know that by now but clearly they don't.

You are watching the self destruction of the Democrat party...this is historic
Looks to me like the self-destruction of the United States.
Democrats and their communist media have attempted that for a long time. The nation will go on...the extremists on the left who have usurped a major political party will disappear.

The fact remains ---- the POTUS and VPOTUS are elected by the EC, not by the voters, and it's out of our hands. Actually it was never in our hands. The entire Election Day charade is a sham. People oughta know that by now but clearly they don't.
then maybe it should be were you won the State you get the EV's of that State....

waaaaaaaaa...its a sham....bad mad win mommy...it not fair, waaaaa!

waaaaaaaaa...its a sham....bad mad win mommy...it not fair, waaaaa!

That's very eloquent and I'm sure it's cute if you're David Vitter dressed for his call girl. But it has nothing to do with this topic.

Forum List

Back