Electoral College CAN elect Hillary

“Opponents of President-elect Donald Trump are trying to persuade Republican electors to vote against him next month ……
Electors meet in their state capitals to cast their ballots; this year, that will take place Dec. 19. ………

Do electors have to vote the way their state voted?
The Constitution is silent on this point, which suggests electors can go their own way.

This is certainly the thinking behind petitions and a handful of Clinton electors urging
Republican electors to abandon Trump.
In 29 states, there are either statutes or party
rules that theoretically bind electors to honor state results.
But the penalty for becoming
a "faithless elector" is typically a fine measured in the hundreds of dollars.”

IOW: With no fear of significant legal punishment the Electoral College CAN elect Hillary

Can electors vote for Clinton rather than Trump? How the electoral college works

ps: the reward for becoming a "faithless elector" could be immense
and
the penalty for not being a "faithless elector" could also be immense

Consider all the Republicans who support Obama policies.

"carrot and stick"

"when ya got’em by the balls, you can make'em see the light"

Imagine enough changed their votes. All those Republicans going on about how the system works, how it doesn't need changing, will suddenly change their ideas.

The only elector who has vowed to change their vote is a native American in Washington State who says he will NOT cast his vote for Hillary because she's a corrupt POS.

Yes, the EC has the constitutional right to elect Clinton.

I would not bet on that happening.

nRMDwsE.png

So the OP is advocating sedition, the overthrow of the newly elected govt, the treason / betrayal of the American people....
Are you suffering from Paranoia? I don't see the OP advocating anything at all.
No, not at all.

Hillary betrayed 4 Americans who fought for their lives...and now Hillary and her seditious followers are threatening the lives of Electoral College voters, trying to intimidate them, and trying to get them to betray the voters who have spoken, who REJECTED Hillary...AGAIN.

Actually she's leading by over two million votes with the count still going on.
It's 48.2% to 46.5%.

Wanna see the numbers?
Give it up.

There's nothing in the Constitution about "kicking their ass". Face it, the EC vote is up to them; the voters have no control over that.
there is nothing in the Constitution about them receiving death threats either,but yet i seen on the news where some are receiving them...

Ah I dunno -- I read in here where one guy claims that.

The fact remains ---- the POTUS and VPOTUS are elected by the EC, not by the voters, and it's out of our hands. Actually it was never in our hands. The entire Election Day charade is a sham. People oughta know that by now but clearly they don't.
waaaaaaaaa...its a sham....bad mad win mommy...it not fair, waaaaa!

That's very eloquent and I'm sure it's cute if you're David Vitter dressed for his call girl. But it has nothing to do with this topic.
Look you anti-American SOB, your wanting to usurp Democracy. I have no use for you.

Democracy???

A majority voted for Clinton... She got more votes...

The EC in this case is not Democracy... At least admit that...

The truth is the EC doesn't have to vote in favour of the way the state voted, it is actually up to them... That is the Constitution.
Saying that I would be very surprised if they didn't vote that way.

This is what happens when the constitution is the size of a postage stamp. This kind of stuff is left open.

But lets not get any pretence of democracy, the President is going to elected by the EC not the people.

The truth is that certain people in America get higher representation than others.

And don't worry we we talk about Single Transfer Vote, Proportion Representation.... for another cycle and exactly nothing will happen..

there is nothing in the Constitution about them receiving death threats either,but yet i seen on the news where some are receiving them...

The fact remains ---- the POTUS and VPOTUS are elected by the EC, not by the voters, and it's out of our hands. Actually it was never in our hands. The entire Election Day charade is a sham. People oughta know that by now but clearly they don't.

That's very eloquent and I'm sure it's cute if you're David Vitter dressed for his call girl. But it has nothing to do with this topic.
Look you anti-American SOB, your wanting to usurp Democracy. I have no use for you.

Democracy???

The truth is the EC doesn't have to vote in favour of the way the state voted, it is actually up to them... That is the Constitution.

This is what happens when the constitution is the size of a postage stamp. This kind of stuff is left open.

But lets not get any pretence of democracy, the President is going to elected by the EC not the people.

The truth is that certain people in America get higher representation than others.

And don't worry we we talk about Single Transfer Vote, Proportion Representation.... for another cycle and exactly nothing will happen..
Of course it's democracy. Within each state they had a democratic electoral process as per the Constitution. States rights.

The pope led Satanic Globalist have BILLIONS with which to bribe.

The pope led Satanic Globalist have files on everybody that is anybody.

The pope led Satanic Globalist have scads of death squads to deal with the recalcitrant.

The pope led Satanic Globalist have a sitting POTUS minion.

The pope led Satanic Globalist are not afraid of outraging the Trump Nationalist camp.

Au Contraire,

The pope led Satanic Globalist INTENDS to enrage the Trump camp Nationalist.

Outraging the Nationalist has been the GOAL of the Globalist all along.

Outrage the Nationalist to provoke them to violence thus providing pretext to LEGALLY violently emphatically conquer them.

Democracy???

Yes, California gets more representation that other states with 56 electoral votes.

The pope led Satanic Globalist have scads of death squads to deal with the recalcitrant.

The pope led Satanic Globalist are not afraid of outraging the Trump Nationalist camp.

Au Contraire,

Outrage the Nationalist to provoke them to violence thus providing pretext to LEGALLY violently emphatically conquer them.
The nurse will be giving you your meds before breakfast I presume?

The Republicans have not gotten a man in the White House by popular vote since Bush senior.
Of course they have. The popular vote of the people in each individual state that supported them.

“Opponents of President-elect Donald Trump are trying to persuade Republican electors to vote against him next month ……
Electors meet in their state capitals to cast their ballots; this year, that will take place Dec. 19. ………

Do electors have to vote the way their state voted?
The Constitution is silent on this point, which suggests electors can go their own way.

This is certainly the thinking behind petitions and a handful of Clinton electors urging
Republican electors to abandon Trump.
In 29 states, there are either statutes or party
rules that theoretically bind electors to honor state results.
But the penalty for becoming
a "faithless elector" is typically a fine measured in the hundreds of dollars.”

IOW: With no fear of significant legal punishment the Electoral College CAN elect Hillary

Can electors vote for Clinton rather than Trump? How the electoral college works

ps: the reward for becoming a "faithless elector" could be immense
and
the penalty for not being a "faithless elector" could also be immense

"carrot and stick"

"when ya got’em by the balls, you can make'em see the light"

Say what? Lmfao

Au Contraire,

The nurse will be giving you your meds before breakfast I presume?

comment from ignoramus Bush92 noted

The Republicans have not gotten a man in the White House by popular vote since Bush senior.
Of course they have. The popular vote of the people in each individual state that supported them.

Can you link us to the Office of President of the State then?

Nope. The poster was correct --- the Republican candidate has lost every popular vote but one since 1988.

Forum List

Back