Elephant Gun vs Ballistics Gel

Point blank range, .458 slug, 500 grains, from a rifle that damn near knocks you over....And it's surprising that it blows through 48" of ballistics gel?

mmmmmmmkaaaay

If that round hit a person mid chest at say 100 yards would there be basically nothing but a head, 2 arms and 2 legs left?

He'd be just as dead with a 7.62 round, and you wouldn't be groaning in pain from the recoil.

True, but the overall impact would be impressive to see with the effectively 1930's anti tank rifle round slamming into a torso.

There are kills, then there are spectacular kills, think a tank crew getting the "Turret 30 feet in the air" kill shot.

Point blank range, .458 slug, 500 grains, from a rifle that damn near knocks you over....And it's surprising that it blows through 48" of ballistics gel?

mmmmmmmkaaaay
Actually that was 64" of gel block........., then the berm........ :thup:

This guy's a little loud, a bit nuts but very interesting to see how many 16" ballistics blocks it will penetrate.

I find most of his videos a little boring, but every now and then he does a particularly good one.

His review of the Safe Life Defense body armor is very good.

mmmmmmmkaaaay

And that really isn't all that powerful. You need to get into the .600, and .700 Nitro Express's to get really powerful.

I watch all of his vids.
He almost died when a 50 cal slap round blew up in his Serbo rifle. Turned out it was a reload that had been over charged.
It sent the barrel cap into his neck. He stuck his thumb in the hole while his dad rushed him to the ER.

Yup, I remember that one.

I was looking for ballistics gel vids for the 40 S&W out of a carbine when I found his by accident. Had completely forgotten he was the one who was nearly killed when his 50 blew up on him.
Yikes, gives me 2nd thoughts about shooting this one gun..

Bah, tough old metal and lower-pressure rounds than the past. Be aight, right?

Gunsmith told me I was just about asking for a miracle for him to drill into it.

Forum List

Back