Elizabeth Warren- NO MASS LAW LICENSE

That's what I thought.

However, Polk seems to think otherwise. He'll have to show some proof to his claim.

But I won't hold be holding my breath waiting for it.

It helps to know what you're talking about:

A lawyer admitted in another United States jurisdiction, and not disbarred or suspended from practice in any jurisdiction, may provide legal services on a temporary basis in this jurisdiction that:

are undertaken in association with a lawyer who is admitted to practice in this jurisdiction and who actively participates in the matter

That's from Massachusetts Rules of Professional Conduct 5.5(c)(1).

I'm still waiting.

No mention of an attorney working off another attorney's license.

That's not what she did. She worked in association with someone who had a valid license in the state, which is permissible under Rule 5.5(c)(1).

I see this on the link you provided...

If you go back and find the post I made with a link to the actual SCOTUS requirements for practicing in front of the SCOTUS, you'll see it clearly states that the person must have been actively licensed for 3 years immediately prior to applying. That would make your source a little suspect.

Source that Warren had been licensed for less than three years when she applied?

That's kinda been my point. If you look at my posts, I don't believe I have 'said' she was breaking the law. I have 'implied' that it is possible, and listed the rules involved and what she has in fact done (worked as a lawyer while listing her office address as MA).

I'd like to know one way or the other, myself. How about you?

I already know, noting that one of the leading constitutional law scholars in the nation (Tribe) and the general counsel for the Massachusetts bar have both said she was not in violation of state ethics rules.

That's what I thought.

However, Polk seems to think otherwise. He'll have to show some proof to his claim.

A lawyer admitted in another United States jurisdiction, and not disbarred or suspended from practice in any jurisdiction, may provide legal services on a temporary basis in this jurisdiction that:

are undertaken in association with a lawyer who is admitted to practice in this jurisdiction and who actively participates in the matter

I'm still waiting.

actually, that does seem to cover what Polk said...
Tribe was the counsel of record in the case. It is not a requirement that you licensed to practice in a state to work under someone who is licensed.

That's what I thought.

I'm still waiting.

that's because you're still a dope.

Reading Is Fundamental

I'm still waiting.

That's not what she did. She worked in association with someone who had a valid license in the state, which is permissible under Rule 5.5(c)(1).

But, that was your claim. That a person could work under another persons license. You didn't specify in which court or whether state, local or federal.

Rule 5.5 of the Massachusetts Rules of Professional Conduct states that an attorney cannot, without a license to practice in Massachusetts, “establish an office or other systematic and continuous presence in this jurisdiction for the practice of law.” It also states an attorney cannot, without a license, “hold out to the public or otherwise represent that the lawyer is admitted to practice law in this jurisdiction.”

By the way, was she practicing law in "another state".

(c) A lawyer admitted in another United States jurisdiction, and not disbarred or suspended from practice in any jurisdiction, may provide legal services on a temporary basis in this jurisdiction that:

(1) are undertaken in association with a lawyer who is admitted to practice in this jurisdiction and who actively participates in the matter;

Last edited:
Operating a law office and practicing law without a license to do so is against the law in Massachusetts.

It has been proven she did the first in that she maintained an office in Cambridge. I am not as certain it has been proven as fact that she did the latter in Massachusetts. Warren has refused to give the Boston Globe any information about the cases she worked on.

So she is a fake indian, a fake lawyer and probably a fake woman.....have you looked at her face?

Operating a law office and practicing law without a license to do so is against the law in Massachusetts.

It has been proven she did the first in that she maintained an office in Cambridge. I am not as certain it has been proven as fact that she did the latter in Massachusetts. Warren has refused to give the Boston Globe any information about the cases she worked on.

link?

and by link i mean from a CREDIBLE source.

and according to her, she is a cherokee because her momma told her so.

my mom told be i was one of the electors of the holy roman empire, but nobody in saxe-coburg has sent me a pfennig of tribute.

fucking peasants
:lol: Funny, but I don't really see the comparison. Not that I really care about an election in some podunk state. :D

her whole answer to anyone questioning her about the issue is essentially *my mom told me so, stop picking on me*

i don't care about the law license, but i'd prefer not to vote for another liar who thinks i'm too stupid to notice.

at least we're not new hampshire.

:eusa_whistle:

i think we're all told certain things about our families. i doubt we verify. i can promise you i've never done any research to confirm that my grandparents were from belarus.

link?

Link to the address? Sure.

Travelers v Bailey - US Sup Ct Brief for Petitioners

Rousey v Jacoway - US Sup Ct Brief AARP

moving the goalposts back again I see. I am going by the posted information. Post 75 tells you where to get it.

If you have something that proves the posted information inaccurate, produce it, dumb ass.

Post 75 says nothing and links to nothing. If you have a copy of the brief post it!

he gave you the information, dumb ass. Prove he's wrong or give up.

Post 75 is a link to nothing. Calling me a "dumb ass" proves one thing, you're a liar and get angry when confronted with the truth.

:lol: Funny, but I don't really see the comparison. Not that I really care about an election in some podunk state. :D

her whole answer to anyone questioning her about the issue is essentially *my mom told me so, stop picking on me*

i don't care about the law license, but i'd prefer not to vote for another liar who thinks i'm too stupid to notice.

at least we're not new hampshire.

:eusa_whistle:

i think we're all told certain things about our families. i doubt we verify. i can promise you i've never done any research to confirm that my grandparents were from belarus.

That is not the issue. Warren listed herself as a minority in law school directories. Did she use this old family tale for profit or gain?

Methinks those attacking Professor of Law Warren are the scum of the earth. Much like faux 'news' they report as facts the opinion of other partisan hacks. Dishonest to their core and without substance they bear false witness against others and cannot differentiate between someone's opinion and what is probative of wrong doing.

Maybe Dreamy ought to look at the links she offered and look up these terms"

"of Counsel"

"Amicus Brief"

and learn the meaning of a "law office" as it relates to a professor of law and their actions as a friend of the court.

It's simple Dreamy, use google and you won't embarass yourself anymore (well, maybe).

Methinks those attacking Professor of Law Warren are the scum of the earth. Much like faux 'news' they report as facts the opinion of other partisan hacks. Dishonest to their core and without substance they bear false witness against others and cannot differentiate between someone's opinion and what is probative of wrong doing.

Maybe Dreamy ought to look at the links she offered and look up these terms"

"of Counsel"

"Amicus Brief"

and learn the meaning of a "law office" as it relates to a professor of law and their actions as a friend of the court.

It's simple Dreamy, use google and you won't embarass yourself anymore (well, maybe).
your fallacy regarding these two terms has already been pointed out to you in this thread, dumb ass.

I'm still waiting.

But, that was your claim. That a person could work under another persons license. You didn't specify in which court or whether state, local or federal.

Rule 5.5 of the Massachusetts Rules of Professional Conduct states that an attorney cannot, without a license to practice in Massachusetts, “establish an office or other systematic and continuous presence in this jurisdiction for the practice of law.” It also states an attorney cannot, without a license, “hold out to the public or otherwise represent that the lawyer is admitted to practice law in this jurisdiction

You can work as associate counsel where the lead counsel is a licensed attorney in the state. I never claimed that you could hang out your shingle and operate a full practice using someone else's license. Warren is not in violation of 5.5(b), since she never maintained "an office... for the practice of law" in the jurisdiction and never made representations that she was admitted to practice in the state.

By the way, was she practicing law in "another state".

(c) A lawyer admitted in another United States jurisdiction, and not disbarred or suspended from practice in any jurisdiction, may provide legal services on a temporary basis in this jurisdiction that:

(1) are undertaken in association with a lawyer who is admitted to practice in this jurisdiction and who actively participates in the matter;

Yes. At the time in question, she was admitted to practice in New Jersey.

The "office in Cambridge" is her Harvard mailstop.

link?

That address is Harvard Law School's mailing address.

Contact Us

link?

you've already been told multiple times in this thread that YOU DON'T NEED TO BE ADMITTED IN MASSACHUSETTS TO FILE PAPERS WITH THE USSC.

i have to wonder why you people keep posting the same lies over and over...

Forum List

Back