Elon Musk declines to join Twitter board of directors

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
So in other words nothing will change, free speech won't be defended nor will shadowbanning cease.

He will probably pick up more shares beyond the 14% limited when on the Board, but really, twitter won't improve outside of maybe some changes to revenue stream and blue check mark options. Notice the quick drop in price as soon as he announced it? He will be a wealthy shareholder twitter Town Crier, meh, big deal.

That's how I see it anyways, unless he goes for a 50% stake and REALLY changes twitter and helps Americas reputation as a strong defender of liberty.

Tesla CEO Elon Musk declined to join Twitter's board of directors, the social media company's chief executive announced Sunday.

"Elon has decided not to join our board," Twitter CEO Parag Agrawal tweeted. "I sent a brief note to the company, sharing with you all here."

Shares slipped on Monday in response.

Last edited:
As I have heard some explain it this could actually gives him more influence as he wouldn’t be limited by what he could do as a board member. The threat of him buying more stock or even pulling off a takeover of Twitter could have more impact than him being on the board.
yep.

however he's also openly questioning the death of Twitter.

top 10 accounts have not posted much at all this year.

That's millions upon millions of "ads" that are not being inserted in billions of idiotic retweets and replies.

where's the revenue again? where's the VALUE of advertising there again?

He has now offered to buy all of twitter,

FQUByJDVEBM9xyt

Forum List

Back