Email shows effort to shield bin Laden photos

Freewill

Platinum Member
Oct 26, 2011
Remember when they were going to show the pictures and did not? OBL died at Tora Bora, prove otherwise. BTW this is a violation of the law, but nothing will happen as with all things in this administration.

The document shows that Adm. William McRaven told military officers that photos of bin Laden's remains should have been sent to the CIA or already destroyed.

I disagree with [MENTION=33456]Freewill[/MENTION] on pretty much everything... but not this!

Why won't they show the damn photos and lay the dead dog to rest?

At least give us a reason! Is it because his face is splattered all over the place? Because that's exactly what I'd want to see!

This has "conspiracy" written all over it

When were they going to show the pictures?

Why should anyone bother to "prove" anything to you?

What law was violated?

I guess you are right they have no responsibility to tell me or anyone else the truth or prove anything to you or me. I just hope you had that same attitude during Bush.

BTW this is a violation of the law read the article.

I disagree with [MENTION=33456]Freewill[/MENTION] on pretty much everything... but not this!

At least give us a reason! Is it because his face is splattered all over the place? Because that's exactly what I'd want to see!

Think about what might happen in the middle east as a reaction to pictures of bin Laden's mangled corpse on the front page of every newspaper in the world.

What law was violated?

I guess you are right they have no responsibility to tell me or anyone else the truth or prove anything to you or me. I just hope you had that same attitude during Bush.

The article actually goes out of it's way not to claim it's a violation of the law. It just says that it's not "normally" done that way.

Think about what might happen in the middle east as a reaction to pictures of bin Laden's mangled corpse on the front page of every newspaper in the world.

Just say it was about a video.

You may now disagree but this is the way everything seems to be with the Obama administration.

Soon someone will post that the pictures were shown, which we both know they never were. I wonder also why OBL was double taped considering he was unarmed. The SEAL didn't double tap his wife why him? If they wanted to take him alive he would have been taken alive, in my opinion. Whomever he was. The SEALS followed orders as they always do.

Supposedly they took DNA samples to prove who he was but unfortunately I have a hard time believing this government I need to be shown and it would be very easy. Well maybe not now that the evidence has been destroyed.

Remember when they were going to show the pictures and did not? OBL died at Tora Bora, prove otherwise. BTW this is a violation of the law, but nothing will happen as with all things in this administration.

The document shows that Adm. William McRaven told military officers that photos of bin Laden's remains should have been sent to the CIA or already destroyed.

And who the fuck are you? Edward Snowden?

What law was violated?

The article actually goes out of it's way not to claim it's a violation of the law. It just says that it's not "normally" done that way.

Maybe I am wrong but I read oblige as in accordance with the law: McRaven's order to purge the bin Laden material came 10 days after The Associated Press asked for the photos and other documents under the U.S. Freedom of Information Act. Typically, when a freedom of information request is filed to a government agency under the Federal Records Act, the agency is obliged to preserve the material sought — even if the agency later denies the request.

I guess it is a matter of what "typically" means.

If you release a picture to one person, you release it to billions.

Fuck that. Don't even think about going there.

Why?

If you have to ask that, you have no business starting such a thread.

What the hell is wrong with you? I am asking why you think it should not be released. I hardly think the reaction would be any worse then having Obama take repeated victory laps and movies and documentaries being made of the event. I don't think they cared in the ME because either he was already dead or not dead at all. Burial at sea is that Muslim custom for a desert people?

Maybe I am wrong but I read oblige as in accordance with the law: McRaven's order to purge the bin Laden material came 10 days after The Associated Press asked for the photos and other documents under the U.S. Freedom of Information Act. Typically, when a freedom of information request is filed to a government agency under the Federal Records Act, the agency is obliged to preserve the material sought — even if the agency later denies the request.

I guess it is a matter of what "typically" means.

"Typically" means "this is what happens normally". If government agencies are "typically" obligated to hold the information, stating it that way implies that this situation is atypical - meaning that they are not in fact obligated to do so.

If you have to ask that, you have no business starting such a thread.

What the hell is wrong with you? I am asking why you think it should not be released. I hardly think the reaction would be any worse then having Obama take repeated victory laps and movies and documentaries being made of the event. I don't think they cared in the ME because either he was already dead or not dead at all.

I watch and listen. You shoot your mouth off. Tell me of the benefit of releasing such photos And I mean the benefit, not the reason.

And who the fuck are you? Edward Snowden?

What the hell did the bars close early?

The whole world has seen the towers and the pentagon a thousand times over. Let the terrorists see their hero butchered. We have Homeland Security, NSA spying, the Patriot Act... were those things for nothing? Despite that supposed "protection" that we sacrificed our freedom for we can't even see the fruit of a decade's labor? A photo of the vengeance the entire last 10 years of military effort were all about???

The execution and the strange burial of the person identified as Bin Ladin was Barry Hussein's "mission accomplished" moment and all that was lacking was the carrier landing. The war against terrorism was victorious and it was over....but it wasn't.

The execution and the strange burial of the person identified as Bin Ladin was Barry Hussein's "mission accomplished" moment and all that was lacking was the carrier landing. The war against terrorism was victorious and it was over....but it wasn't.

Are you saying Al Qaeda is NOT on the run? HORRORS!

Forum List

Back