Email shows effort to shield bin Laden photos

My opinion, if the SEALS were told to bring him back alive that is what they would have done.

They were told to kill or capture. Bring him in dead or alive. That's what they did.

We, the US, kill people all the time by drone without even knowing we have the right person. So maybe they were told an option was capture but I will bet it was done with a wink and a nod.

You're making this much too complicated. As I told you, "capture" was included as an option simply because US policy is to not kill a person who surrenders. But I doubt anyone, from the President down, believed that bin Laden would surrender. Everyone knew that as long as the intelligence panned out putting him at the location, bin Laden was going to die that night.

The only Osammy ben Laden photos are of him sitting on a beach somewhere sipping Margaritas, all courtesy of the witness protection program. It's no wonder Barry won't show them.

releasing the photos will put Americans around the world in danger.
That is a given.

You want proof he is dead?
Logic.

If he were still alive he would have let us know by now.

My opinion, if the SEALS were told to bring him back alive that is what they would have done.

They were told to kill or capture. Bring him in dead or alive. That's what they did.

We, the US, kill people all the time by drone without even knowing we have the right person. So maybe they were told an option was capture but I will bet it was done with a wink and a nod.

You're making this much too complicated. As I told you, "capture" was included as an option simply because US policy is to not kill a person who surrenders. But I doubt anyone, from the President down, believed that bin Laden would surrender. Everyone knew that as long as the intelligence panned out putting him at the location, bin Laden was going to die that night.

OK so OBL won't surrender but he is in a room with no escape with SEALS all around what do you think he is going to do, where would he go? Let's not fool ourselves, if the SEALS wanted to take him alive that is what they would have done. A live body is easier to move then a dead one. It is better he died and that is why I think he did. That is all just a matter for discussion.

That is a given.

Logic.

so you are saying Americans around the world are not in danger now? Considering the drone program? The war in Iraq and Afghanistan. The fact that we killed OBL and did victory laps right before an election? You're thinking that a photo would push those who hate us over the line, really?

If you were him, would you let us know? I don't think I would.

Ok freewill, so what do you think is Obama's justification for not showing the photo's? Don't you think there are people more informed than you and I in determining risk/reward of releasing these photos.

That is a given.

Logic.

so you are saying Americans around the world are not in danger now? Considering the drone program? The war in Iraq and Afghanistan. The fact that we killed OBL and did victory laps right before an election? You're thinking that a photo would push those who hate us over the line, really?

I see your point.

But I believe many radical Muslims are somewhat quiet and look for reasons to rise....

Like that video.....even the non radical got somewhat violent in their protests.

And yes, I believe Bin Laden would make it quite clear that he is alive and well and living in Aruba.

Why would anyone need to see pictures?

They are more trouble than they are worth. Just another vehicle to martyr Osama bin Laden

The guy is dead. There was no public funeral, no gravesite, no pictures....nothing to remember him by

We are all better off

That is a given.

Logic.

I see your point.

But I believe many radical Muslims are somewhat quiet and look for reasons to rise....

Like that video.....even the non radical got somewhat violent in their protests.

And yes, I believe Bin Laden would make it quite clear that he is alive and well and living in Aruba.

I understand the concern but I don't see it happening. IF the radical Muslims need a reason just the killing of OBL would be enough, in my opinion.

You would make it clear that you are alive after you hear that someone was shot in your bedroom by Navy Seals? I think, IF OBL wasn't killed, he found a better rock to hide under.

OK so OBL won't surrender but he is in a room with no escape with SEALS all around what do you think he is going to do, where would he go?

He could have had a weapon nearby. For all they knew the room was rigged with explosives and he had a detonator in his hand. It doesn't matter. The orders were to bring him in dead or alive. They went in, they got him out. They were in a hostile environment. They weren't about to sit around and talk him into going quietly, all while the guys outside of the room are taking fire.

Let's not fool ourselves, if the SEALS wanted to take him alive that is what they would have done.

If bin Laden had surrendered, they would have taken him in alive. That's not how it went down.

A live body is easier to move then a dead on.

Yeah, dragging out a kicking, resisting bin Laden while fighting their way through hostiles would have definitely been easier. :cuckoo:

Ok freewill, so what do you think is Obama's justification for not showing the photo's? Don't you think there are people more informed than you and I in determining risk/reward of releasing these photos.

Again I am just discussing this not making condemnations.

1. Has the government told us a crock of lies in the past? Most certainly.
2. They said they would show the pictures then decided not too.
3. What they said was it was because of National Security, I say what?
4. I really don't believe that these photos would spark a general riot. But then again that is what happened when Obama and his administration said a video was the cause of a terrorist attack.

I can't know someone's justification but I provided a link to what Obama said was his justification. He said that we don't spike the ball, yet victory laps apparently are OK. He also said that it was a national security risk. Not sure what that means.

Last edited:

4. I really don't believe that these photos would spark a general riot. But then again that is what happened when Obama and his administration said a video was the cause of a terrorist attack.

I can't know someone's justification but I provided a link to what Obama said was his justification. He said that we don't spike the ball, yet victory laps apparently are OK. He also said that it was a national security risk. Not sure what that means.

When did anyone say they would show you pictures?
What is your need to know?

I disagree with [MENTION=33456]Freewill[/MENTION] on pretty much everything... but not this!

Why won't they show the damn photos and lay the dead dog to rest?

At least give us a reason! Is it because his face is splattered all over the place? Because that's exactly what I'd want to see!

This has "conspiracy" written all over it

Osama bin Laden is in a FEMA camp. He plays checkers every day with Elvis.

When did anyone say they would show you pictures?
What is your need to know?

The Osama Bin Laden Files: No Photos, No Videos. A Real Conspiracy Theory?

On CBS’s ’60 Minutes’an interview conducted by Scott Pelley with former U.S. Navy SEAL Matt Bissonnette involved in the killing of Osama Bin-Laden and author of ‘No Easy Day’ under the name of Mark Owen admits he did not recognize if the man they killed was in fact Osama Bin-Laden:

Pelley: So, after Osama bin Laden is wounded, he’s still moving. You shot him twice?

Bissonnette: A handful of times.

Pelley: A handful of times, and the SEAL in the stack behind you also shot Osama bin Laden. And at that point, his body was still?

Bissonnette: Yes.

Pelley: Did you recognize him?

Bissonnette: Nope. You know, everybody thinks it was, like, you know it’s him. No. To us, at that time, it could have been anybody. Maybe this was another brother. Maybe this is a bodyguard. Maybe, it doesn’t matter. The point is to just continue clearing.

Yet they knew to bring this body back. Obviously they went in with the intent to kill everyone. Not a condemnation just an observation.

“It is important to make sure that very graphic photos of somebody who was shot in the head are not floating around as an incitement to additional violence or as a propaganda tool,” said the president. “We don’t trot out this stuff as trophies,” Mr. Obama added. “The fact of the matter is, this is somebody who was deserving of the justice that he received.” Really? The truth of the matter is that the people deserve to see the evidence to put their pain to rest. But to say that it would cause violence or it can be used as propaganda because they do not “trot out this stuff as trophies” is absurd. Several months later, Muammar Gaddafi was murdered by a Washington orchestrated plan involving NATO forces to topple his government. Muammar Gaddafi’s videos and pictures of his execution were floating around in the media. The images were truly disturbing. Washington did not have a problem with it. Hillary Clinton even gleamed with joy when she said “We came, we saw, he died”.

“It is important to make sure that very graphic photos of somebody who was shot in the head are not floating around as an incitement to additional violence or as a propaganda tool,” said the president. “We don’t trot out this stuff as trophies,” Mr. Obama added. “The fact of the matter is, this is somebody who was deserving of the justice that he received.”

All you need to know

“It is important to make sure that very graphic photos of somebody who was shot in the head are not floating around as an incitement to additional violence or as a propaganda tool,” said the president. “We don’t trot out this stuff as trophies,” Mr. Obama added. “The fact of the matter is, this is somebody who was deserving of the justice that he received.”

All you need to know

All YOU need to know.

You forgot this: The truth of the matter is that the people deserve to see the evidence to put their pain to rest. But to say that it would cause violence or it can be used as propaganda because they do not “trot out this stuff as trophies” is absurd. Several months later, Muammar Gaddafi was murdered by a Washington orchestrated plan involving NATO forces to topple his government. Muammar Gaddafi’s videos and pictures of his execution were floating around in the media. The images were truly disturbing. Washington did not have a problem with it. Hillary Clinton even gleamed with joy when she said “We came, we saw, he died”.

All you need to know

All YOU need to know.

Tim McVeigh was executed....I never got to see the pictures
None of my business and I have no need to know

Same with Bin Laden

All you need to know

All YOU need to know.

Osama has been working on a new album. It will be coming out this spring. An industry insider has hinted that bin Laden is breaking new ground. Instead of the usual boring fatwas, long-winded rants against the West, and dry desert poetry, Lil' Osama b is rumored to be creating a blend of Kentucky bluegrass and Detroit hip hop that will shake up the music business for years to come.

It turns out waterboarding and wall slamming does wonders for the vocal cords as well as the soul.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back