Ending Our Current SCOTUS Nightmare; A Roadmap For Progressives

skews13

Diamond Member
Mar 18, 2017
Some thoughts about the direction of American governance on this Fourth of July weekend.

Recent Supreme Court decisions have pushed American government in a decidedly conservative direction, resulting in a trend that doesn’t reflect the wishes or priorities or values of the American public.

I hereby propose a number of Constitutional amendments that can overturn and correct many of these decisions. So, let’s consider addressing the clear injustices coming from SCOTUS with the following amendments to the Constitution.

Don’t need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.

Recent Supreme Court decisions have pushed American government in a decidedly conservative direction, resulting in a trend that doesn’t reflect the wishes or priorities or values of the American public
These recent decisions push us a few small steps back towards actually following the US Constitution rather than ignoring it. The fact that “American Values” no longer agree with the Constitution is our biggest problem.

The loser of the election for president will be charged, convicted, and jailed.
( the loser not necessarily decided fairly in the election)

Americans need to start believing that now! Think of the consequences in terms of applying to both sides and either side equally.

Is it possible to have a discussion on the consequences that can be predicted now.

How will the military react if Biden is the president?
How will the military react if Trump is the president?

These recent decisions push us a few small steps back towards actually following the US Constitution rather than ignoring it. The fact that “American Values” no longer agree with the Constitution is our biggest problem.
The trouble is Anat the Constitution doesn't answer the most important question.

Future presidents will have the same powers as a king.

Will the mistake be reversed? Is it even possible?

It's premature to suggest a revolution but it's not too soon to think on how it can be avoided.

The winner of the presidency may need to arrest the justices of the Scotus that are loyal to the other side.

There can be little doubt that the next president won't be able to tolerate legal opinions that oppose him/her.

The only thing that could improve on this constitutional body is if Sotomayor retired next year and Trump replaced her with Neil Gorsuch's brother. MAGA
Some thoughts about the direction of American governance on this Fourth of July weekend.

Recent Supreme Court decisions have pushed American government in a decidedly conservative direction, resulting in a trend that doesn’t reflect the wishes or priorities or values of the American public.

I hereby propose a number of Constitutional amendments that can overturn and correct many of these decisions. So, let’s consider addressing the clear injustices coming from SCOTUS with the following amendments to the Constitution.

How dare the justices rule on actual law as opposed to circumventing it as the liberals wish.

The trouble is Anat the Constitution doesn't answer the most important question
Actually the SCOTUS read the document perfectly well. They prescribed limited immunity for Official Acts. Considering the Constitution provides a specific and limited list of powers to the President it’s not really alll that difficult to determine what can and cannot be done z

The loser of the election for president will be charged, convicted, and jailed.
( the loser not necessarily decided fairly in the election)

Americans need to start believing that now! Think of the consequences in terms of applying to both sides and either side equally.

Is it possible to have a discussion on the consequences that can be predicted now.

How will the military react if Biden is the president?
How will the military react if Trump is the president?
That’s easy! If Trump is elected they will have one big party! If Biden is elected there will be a military coup. American values really haven’t changed. The media has changed and they drive their values as if it were all American values. And people like you believe them.

Actually the SCOTUS read the document perfectly well. They prescribed limited immunity for Official Acts. Considering the Constitution provides a specific and limited list of powers to the President it’s not really alll that difficult to determine what can and cannot be done z

No where in the Constitution is the President given immunity, limited or otherwise. The decision was made up out of whole cloth.

This court isn’t even texualist, much less originalist.

It is an illegitimate court made up of 6 political hacks, who are corrupts to their core.

The precedent has now been set to change this court if 100 more justices needs to be added to it, and if it takes 100 years to do so.

No conservative make up of the SCOTUS in any way represents, or reflects the make up, or the values of America.

No conservative make up of the SCOTUS in any way represents, or reflects the make up, or the values of America
That’s because most of America has lost its values and the rest never had them to begin with. I’d suggest that less than 2% of Americans actually deserve the protections granted them in the Constitution.

When you say nightmare you mean a fair SC.

What does v-this-v mean?
Please keep in mind that IANAL and there may be unintended consequences of these specific amendment texts.
at first I thought it meant "I am not a lawyer" then it occurred to me that this just may have been a moment of honest clarity at Daily Kos and the author left out the spacer between the "I" and the first "A". :abgg2q.jpg:

Forum List

Back