Entire county clerk office resigns over SSM

Oh well. If you can't do the job you were elected to do then bye bye.
Issuing marriage licenses to gays is not the job they were elected to do.

Issuing marriage licensees is their job, not to pass judgement on those whom seek one. If they can't perform the job then I am sure somebody is else more then willing.

Issuing marriage licensees is their job, not to pass judgement on those whom seek one. If they can't perform the job then I am sure somebody is else more then willing.
At any rate, you're wrong. It is not the job they were elected to do.

This is taking a stance in your beliefs.

ENTIRE COUNTY CLERK OFFICE RESIGNS OVER SAME-SEX MARRIAGE

No same-sex marriage licenses are being issued in Decatur County, Tennessee, because the entire county clerk’s office has resigned following the U.S. Supreme Court’s decision that legalized same-sex marriage nationwide.

Decatur County Clerk Gwen Pope explained her decision to quit her elected post. “It’s for the glory of God. He’s going to get all the glory,” she told WBIR.

Pope asserted she would rather resign than submit to issuing marriage licenses to same-sex couples. She and her two staff members, Sharon Bell and Mickey Butler, have all quit for the same reason. Their last day of work is July 14.

The TV station indicates the phone in the Decatur County Clerk Office “rang nonstop” as “[o]ver and over again, people praised the decision of the three workers who have decided to step down from their positions rather than hand out same-sex marriage licenses.”

Entire County Clerk Office Resigns Over Same-Sex Marriage - Breitbart

Excellent. That opens up jobs for people willing to do the work.

Working as a clerk isnt an elected position.
Although I do salute their devotion to their principals.

Actually, County Clerk IS an elected position. The assistants however, are not.

I didnt say county clerk.
The people working the counter at the county clerks office are not elected officials. They're clerks.

Working as a clerk isnt an elected position.
Although I do salute their devotion to their principals.

You're correct, the Register of Wills is an elected position in my state, I am not sure how it works in other states though. I admire the devotion to their principles but if they can't preform the job they are paid to do then go find another line of work.

Yes, I am wrong about the clerks, admittedly. That error doesn't change the fact that if they can't do the job they are paid to do then they should find another line of work.

No same-sex marriage licenses are being issued in Decatur County, Tennessee, because the entire county clerk’s office has resigned following the U.S. Supreme Court’s decision that legalized same-sex marriage nationwide.

Decatur County Clerk Gwen Pope explained her decision to quit her elected post. “It’s for the glory of God. He’s going to get all the glory,” she told WBIR.

Pope asserted she would rather resign than submit to issuing marriage licenses to same-sex couples. She and her two staff members, Sharon Bell and Mickey Butler, have all quit for the same reason. Their last day of work is July 14.

The TV station indicates the phone in the Decatur County Clerk Office “rang nonstop” as “[o]ver and over again, people praised the decision of the three workers who have decided to step down from their positions rather than hand out same-sex marriage licenses.”

Here is what people do not consider - because the spiritual realm is invisible to the naked eye. There are angels that are recording every word we say, every thought we entertain, every action we make. All of our words, deeds and actions are being recorded.

With that said, Lass, Satan who is our adversary is also using his own demons to record every word we say and every action we take - so that he may use it against us when he goes before God to accuse us. Satan doesn't accuse us of what we haven't done but what we have done - he uses the Word of God like a lawyer uses a law book before a righteous Judge in a court of law.

Example: Satan will say to God, Your Word says, The LORD is known by the judgment which he executeth: the wicked is snared in the work of his own hands. This person who claims he is one of your children is defending homosexuality and homosexual marriage on a message board, he is misprepresenting your word in his posts and accusing your obedient children of error and I've found him regularly standing with the wicked which you warn against in your Word. Your word rules in Psalm 1:6 that the ungodly shall perish.

And again I remind you of your Word which says that the wicked is snared by the transgression of his lips! And again your Word says that a faithful witness will not lie but a false witness will utter lies. I find this man is returning evil for good too! He is is rewarding evil for good and your word says that whoso rewardeth evil for good, evil shall not depart from his house. Because of all these things - I have grounds to destroy this mans house and take his life. I am hereby petitioning you now to permit me to send my own workers to do a home invasion on his house and kill him. You said the wicked shall be turned into hell. I am petitioning to take him to hell now.

The LORD may say, I grant the petition or he may say to Satan - you cannot kill him but you can attack his body, destroy his house, take everything he has and cause him serious injury. But you cannot take his life.

______
This goes on every single day whether people realize it or not. We are being judged by our words, our thoughts and our deeds. (Satan cannot read our minds but the LORD can and if our thoughts are impure and un- repented of - they will send us to hell as easily as a sin committed in the flesh would. Remember that the man who lusted in his heart after a woman had committed adultery even as if he had done it in the flesh - Jesus said ).

So while some people who call themselves Christians desire to be "popular" - part of the "in - Crowd" it would be wise for them to consider that by compromising the Word of God and defending evil with their own tongue / writings - they are leaving themselves wide open for an attack from Satan.

To the person who uses the terminology a "real Christian" and then claims it is one who does not speak out against sin. I have news for you. The Satanists and Witches that visit this board know full well who the "real Christians" are because they are unable to touch them, to attack them, to prevail against them. They avoid the "real Christians" because they know they are asking for trouble.

In closing the story of these clerks quitting their jobs has already been recorded in heaven and I believe God counts it an act of righteousness. Good for them. I also believe that God will count it as an act of righteousness to make a thread about it and applaud those who stand up for the Word of God and walk it out - with their feet! Bless you, Lass.

Good for them! Progs would never put their beliefs in front of some money they could swindle an employer out of. Progs have no values and believe in nothing enough to risk anything but a few hours in a "protest march" which is really just a meet and meat other idiot queers.

Good they don't belong in that job then

These people should be able to sue the government for redress to replace the number of years they planned to be in their career. Full retirement and medical too. If the government wants to have a rainbow Whitehouse show, they damned sure should compensate Christians who don't want to be indocrinated in their newly sanctioned state-cult/religion of LGBT.

These people had no way of knowing when they took their jobs that they would be required to commit mortal sin (Jude 1) by the government no less, in order to keep their jobs. It wrecked 100s of careers across the country.

Pay up Uncle Sam. Put your money where your Whitehouse rainbow light display is..

Here is what people do not consider - because the spiritual realm is invisible to the naked eye. There are angels that are recording every word we say, every thought we entertain, every action we make. All of our words, deeds and actions are being recorded.

With that said, Lass, Satan who is our adversary is also using his own demons to record every word we say and every action we take - so that he may use it against us when he goes before God to accuse us. Satan doesn't accuse us of what we haven't done but what we have done - he uses the Word of God like a lawyer uses a law book before a righteous Judge in a court of law.

Example: Satan will say to God, Your Word says, The LORD is known by the judgment which he executeth: the wicked is snared in the work of his own hands. This person who claims he is one of your children is defending homosexuality and homosexual marriage on a message board, he is misprepresenting your word in his posts and accusing your obedient children of error and I've found him regularly standing with the wicked which you warn against in your Word. Your word rules in Psalm 1:6 that the ungodly shall perish.

And again I remind you of your Word which says that the wicked is snared by the transgression of his lips! And again your Word says that a faithful witness will not lie but a false witness will utter lies. I find this man is returning evil for good too! He is is rewarding evil for good and your word says that whoso rewardeth evil for good, evil shall not depart from his house. Because of all these things - I have grounds to destroy this mans house and take his life. I am hereby petitioning you now to permit me to send my own workers to do a home invasion on his house and kill him. You said the wicked shall be turned into hell. I am petitioning to take him to hell now.

The LORD may say, I grant the petition or he may say to Satan - you cannot kill him but you can attack his body, destroy his house, take everything he has and cause him serious injury. But you cannot take his life.

______
This goes on every single day whether people realize it or not. We are being judged by our words, our thoughts and our deeds. (Satan cannot read our minds but the LORD can and if our thoughts are impure and un- repented of - they will send us to hell as easily as a sin committed in the flesh would. Remember that the man who lusted in his heart after a woman had committed adultery even as if he had done it in the flesh - Jesus said ).

So while some people who call themselves Christians desire to be "popular" - part of the "in - Crowd" it would be wise for them to consider that by compromising the Word of God and defending evil with their own tongue / writings - they are leaving themselves wide open for an attack from Satan.

To the person who uses the terminology a "real Christian" and then claims it is one who does not speak out against sin. I have news for you. The Satanists and Witches that visit this board know full well who the "real Christians" are because they are unable to touch them, to attack them, to prevail against them. They avoid the "real Christians" because they know they are asking for trouble.

In closing the story of these clerks quitting their jobs has already been recorded in heaven and I believe God counts it an act of righteousness. Good for them. I also believe that God will count it as an act of righteousness to make a thread about it and applaud those who stand up for the Word of God and walk it out - with their feet! Bless you, Lass.

Find and dandy, doesn't change the fact that we don't limit rights in this country based on what some people is right or holy.

Yes, I am wrong about the clerks, admittedly. That error doesn't change the fact that if they can't do the job they are paid to do then they should find another line of work.

Funny how the far left wants to use this argument now.

Most of the politicians in Washington don't do the job they were hired to do yet for some reason many of them are still there.

There are many union workers who still have jobs that can not preform the job they were hired to do..

So it is all in the eye of the far left on who is allowed to keep what jobs..

______

Find and dandy, doesn't change the fact that we don't limit rights in this country based on what some people is right or holy.

The Supreme Court broke the law. It wasn't their place to rule against the constitution nor was it their place to change the laws of this land - it wasn't their place to decide at all, Bear. With that said, the only thing these workers could do was to quit their job. Abortion is legal too. It's still murder and no Christian would work in an abortion clinic either.

Forum List

Back