Epitaph For The Rubio Campaign...

For me...Trump is 4 years...with a congress that will fight him if he does something they don't like...that would be a check on his power.....if the democrats take congress....you still have conflict....and a check on his power....

hilary.....she will appoint probably 4 Supreme court justices...that is about 30-40 years of rulings against the Constitution....and if she gets congress back...they will be able to push their agenda through.......

Trump is the way to go......even though I support Cruz.

If/when Trump implodes or is a trojan horse, we're fucked. At least Rubio never took a cent from him or has vied for a VP slot...he's said from the jump it was president or back to private life.

That is a big "If"......hilary is a known quantity....it won't be "if" we are fucked.....the moment she gets the one vote she needs to be President we will be well and truly fucked.....

The Tea Party is mostly responsible for electing Rubio to the Senate. Probably as surprised by his Senate victory as the rest of Florida, Rubio forgot who brought him to the dance. He pretty much turned his back on the people who helped get him elected and failed to even complete a first term before a swelled head prompted him to run for the big enchalada and T.P. activists abandoned support for him. It's simple as that. Rubio demonstrated his immaturity with the "big hands" rhetoric and it backfired big time with an embarrassing loss in his home state.

Baloney. Trump won most of the early voting before the primaries....in Florida it was over half of the total. In every state since Super Tuesday he's been beaten for the walk-ups. As to Rubio "betraying" the TP, that's ridiculous....McCain and him tried to do something about the gridlock on immigration in Harry Reid's Senate. Ya know, I don't know why I bother....most of the Trump groupies are content to yelp about "open borders" and "little marco" and don't have a clue about what's going on.
-------------------------- juan McCain is the illegal aliens best fiend same as 'jeff flake' , Lindsey graham , roobio , the bushes and many more rinos and sell outs Tom !!

The Tea Party is mostly responsible for electing Rubio to the Senate. Probably as surprised by his Senate victory as the rest of Florida, Rubio forgot who brought him to the dance. He pretty much turned his back on the people who helped get him elected and failed to even complete a first term before a swelled head prompted him to run for the big enchalada and T.P. activists abandoned support for him. It's simple as that. Rubio demonstrated his immaturity with the "big hands" rhetoric and it backfired big time with an embarrassing loss in his home state.

Baloney. Trump won most of the early voting before the primaries....in Florida it was over half of the total. In every state since Super Tuesday he's been beaten for the walk-ups. As to Rubio "betraying" the TP, that's ridiculous....McCain and him tried to do something about the gridlock on immigration in Harry Reid's Senate. Ya know, I don't know why I bother....most of the Trump groupies are content to yelp about "open borders" and "little marco" and don't have a clue about what's going on.
------------------------ so you think that early voting helped screw the 'roobio' , well good !!

It would be easy to blame Campaign Manager Terry Sullivan and Deputy Campaign Manager Rich Beeson for what happened. Did their tactics of keeping Marco "on message" create what Fatso did to him before New Hampshire. Did they mistake that tactic which Obama used so well instead of letting him free-lance, showing him as the quick witted and eloquent off-the cuff candidate he actually was? YES. But of more concern was their lack of follow-up after a Rubio appearance. Receptive crowds showed up, listened, liked what they heard and then the show was gone and......nothing. The Iowa campaign was ONE field office in the Des Moines suburbs. Cruz meanwhile had multiple offices and almost 100 appearances. Sullivan and Beeson theorized having Marco on the network shows was more effective than the rubber chicken circuit. And it cost them Iowa. And yet they didn't learn.

A LAZY campaign that never followed up after absentee ballots were mailed in each state. The old school knows you have to pester those people to get their attention and their vote. And then they decided to out-insult Trump. And it WORKED but was taken too far and went against the grain of what the voters had seen out of Rubio before. They didn't like it....only Trump's moonbats go for that kind of behavior and they weren't about to switch to a candidate that could actually speak Spanish (Cruz the Cuban no habla espanola). And there was Bush, and Fatso, and Carson, and Kasich keeping the votes divided letting Trump win with 30%. The Rubio team had to run a PERFECT counter given the circumstances but were more enthralled with keeping the donors happy than the possible voters. And in the end the donors got off the train and STILL there was nothing new...same speech, dwindling crowds, the media hacks descending down like buzzards on carrion. And now he's gone and maybe permanently scarred for his effort and their ignorance.

Still pushing that Rubio lie I see, Cruz proved he could speak Spanish right on the debate stage and you still can't figure it out. Now crawl out of your little pouty corner and get out there and support a real Constitutionalist, Cruz.

Six things killed Rubio. Only two were in his control...the first two.

1) Beating up on his mentor and patron Gov. Bush. that rubbed me the wrong way from the get-go. Politics is about trust and loyalty. Beating up Jeb struck me as akin to punching ones Dad in the face. Turned me off to him right away.

2) Trying to out Trump Trump...Trump gets away with it because it's the way he has always been. Rubio trying to imitate that ruined his aura of calm professionalism...that was a huge miscalculation.

3) Neither Gov. Bush or Gov. Scott endorsed his candidacy. That was the kiss of death for him in Florida.

4) The robotic speech glitch with Christie...he never fully recovered from that.

5) Accepting the mantle of the Establishment Candidate...he should have fought that tooth and nail.

6) The Gang of Eight was an albatross around his neck from the starting gate...and this is actually the only place Trump really had an impact on Rubio's campaign...by forcing this issue to the forefront.
That's my After Action Review...JMHO, YMMV.

Last edited:
[

Still pushing that Rubio lie I see
, Cruz proved he could speak Spanish right on the debate stage and you still can't figure it out. Now crawl out of your little pouty corner and get out there and support a real Constitutionalist, Cruz.

Yep folks, that's the way to win over us Rubio voters to Cruz.....call us liars! :eusa_snooty:

-------------------------- juan McCain is the illegal aliens best fiend same as 'jeff flake' , Lindsey graham , roobio , the bushes and many more rinos and sell outs Tom !!

Hey doorknob....we have a tremendous hospitality/resort business here in Arizona and nobody is fooling anybody that those jobs are going to low-wage illegals. For a guy who's never gotten us a single earmark in a budget, he did get us the Colorado River water the Kali's been stealing from us for a hundred years.

Hey doorknob....we have a tremendous hospitality/resort business here in Arizona and nobody is fooling anybody that those jobs are going to low-wage illegals. For a guy who's never gotten us a single earmark in a budget, he did get us the Colorado River water the Kali's been stealing from us for a hundred years.
-----------Tremendous hospitality resort with illegal labor from , probably south of the border ehh?? ---------------------- as my DAD always said , Whores will do anything for money TomHorn .

Last edited:
[

, Cruz proved he could speak Spanish right on the debate stage and you still can't figure it out. Now crawl out of your little pouty corner and get out there and support a real Constitutionalist, Cruz.

Yep folks, that's the way to win over us Rubio voters to Cruz.....call us liars! :eusa_snooty:
---------------------------------------------- that's the thing , I don't look to win enemies to my side TomHorn !! ---------------------------------- As to Cruz , I liked him , he was my first choice until a day or 2 ago when he failed to support Trumps Free Speech . Also , Ted seems to like 'H1B' visas plus he was in favor of 'TPP' . --------- another very recent problem surfaced as a few minutes ago that 'little sumpthin Lindsey graham' just came out in support of Cruz and that's a bad sign when a rino supports Cruz TomHorn !!

[

If you're not interested in facts go with Trump. That was just one in a long line of swings and misses. How'd those internal campaign polls work out for ya?

[

---------------------------------------------- that's the thing , I don't look to win enemies to my side TomHorn !! ---------------------------------- As to Cruz , I liked him , he was my first choice until a day or 2 ago when he failed to support Trumps Free Speech . Also , Ted seems to like 'H1B' visas plus he was in favor of 'TPP' . --------- another very recent problem surfaced as a few minutes ago that 'little sumpthin Lindsey graham' just came out in support of Cruz and that's a bad sign when a rino supports Cruz TomHorn !!

That just shows Graham as the hypocrite, not Cruz. Graham is probably working an angle for a position, but in Cruz defense he will have to work with Graham if he's elected. No reason to alienate him.

Rubio changed his game..........someone must have told him to attack like Trump............That is not what he is from watching him. He should have stayed the original course and not went outside his comfort zone...............He made some damaging errors.........just like the gang of 8.

[

That just shows Graham as the hypocrite, not Cruz. Graham is probably working an angle for a position, but in Cruz defense he will have to work with Graham if he's elected. No reason to alienate him.
-------------------------- so what do you think of Cruz and his support of mrobama pushed 'TPP' , i think that Cruz supported it when he coulda just waited until mrobama leaves the office . [thats what i told Cruz office] --------------------------------- what about Cruz support of H1B Visas that displace American workers or at least depress wages for Americans . ----------------------------- what about Cruz coming down on Trumps Freedom of Speech . Just looking for feedback , i supported Cruz with Trump second but may change my mind OKTEXAS .

From the beginning, even before the beginning, I was hoping for a Kasich/Rubio ticket. And repeatedly said Rubio should be down ballot from Kasich due to his inexperience.

His inexperience is what did him in.

But a Kasich/Rubio ticket would still be unbeatable.
Being a pro-amnesty douche bag is what did him in.

Rubio did so bad in his home state.I don't know if he recovers politically from that....
He was demolished.

happy to see it happen , damn amnesty boy, he learned at the side of jebito bush .

If you're not interested in facts go with Trump. That was just one in a long line of swings and misses. How'd those internal campaign polls work out for ya?

The internals were spot on, fool. But they only reflected current activity not the half who'd already voted. While we're at it, how many states did Cruz win Tuesday? None? Maybe you should try more reading and less writing here....I wouldn't vote for Creepshow Cruz unless there was several thousand dollars in it for me.

Forum List

Back