Equality and Israeli Citizenship

Is there any such thing as an Israeli Citizen?

Citizenship is divided - there are Arab Israeli citizens and Jewish Israeli citizens.

Do any other countries have a divided citizenship based on ethnic groups? (I don't know of any)

Can a society have true equality if it has different categories of citizenship? Does that not in and of itself foster an atmosphere of inequality?

I think yes, and I think it creates a subconscious belief that some citizens are better than others and this is reinforced in a system of citizenship that gives different rights and obligations to each group. It strives for a "different but equal" system, but I don't think that can truly work.

do you ever post anything that isn't anti-israel? just wondering.

can jews get citizenship in muslim countries?

until the answer is yes, no one really cares about your concerns.

Jews are citizens of several Muslim countries, as are Christians.

And are decreasing every year due to ethnic cleansing and genocides. In 1948 there were over 1.5 million Jews in the M.E arab nations, by 1949 there were less than 300,000. Today they number 30,000 at best.

actually, jews have been run out of every muslim country. the ones that remain are being held

she's lying and uninformed.

but then again, what can you expect fro someone who thinks you can be friends with holocaust deniers.

You can if you are a holocaust denier and convert yourself..............................

Tunisia has had a significant Jewish minority since at least Roman times. In 1948, the Jewish population was an estimated 105,000, but by 1967, most Tunisian Jews had left the country for France or Israel, and the population had shrunk to 20,000. As of 2012, however, the population had shrunk to an estimated 150 Jews with another approximately 1,000 on the resort island of Djerba, comprising the country’s largest indigenous religious minority.

Tunisia Virtual Jewish History Tour | Jewish Virtual Library

Citizenship is divided - there are Arab Israeli citizens and Jewish Israeli citizens.

Do any other countries have a divided citizenship based on ethnic groups? (I don't know of any)

Can a society have true equality if it has different categories of citizenship? Does that not in and of itself foster an atmosphere of inequality?

I think yes, and I think it creates a subconscious belief that some citizens are better than others and this is reinforced in a system of citizenship that gives different rights and obligations to each group. It strives for a "different but equal" system, but I don't think that can truly work.

And are decreasing every year due to ethnic cleansing and genocides. In 1948 there were over 1.5 million Jews in the M.E arab nations, by 1949 there were less than 300,000. Today they number 30,000 at best.

actually, jews have been run out of every muslim country. the ones that remain are being held

but then again, what can you expect fro someone who thinks you can be friends with holocaust deniers.

You can if you are a holocaust denier and convert yourself..............................

no one is a convert to judaism who is a holocaust denier. you'd have to be a moron when the germans themselves kept meticulous records.

so i'm not quite sure what you're referring to

I think the same needs to apply to a future Palestinian state as well - people should be given a choice. Citizens who are citizens of Israel, should not be forceably stripped of citizenship, or property. Whether they remain in Palestine or Israel. IMO.

And again you ignore international treaties and international laws when they apply to the Jews. The arab Palestine lane is what is now Jordan, and that is where they are meant to be. What would you say if the Israelis declared that the Jewish refugees are still refugees along with their offspring and need to be given the same rights as the arab refugees. Do you think that is fair and honest, if not why is it fair and honest for the Palestinians. You are aware that Palestinians living in the US still class themselves as refugees and see their home as what ever land in Israel takes their fancy. If the arab's ever manage to gain full control you can expect modern day Israel to be destroyed within 3 years and all the Jews ethnically cleansed. The only solution is the one agreed by the LoN that saw the peaceful muslims allowed to stay in Israel and the extremists given two chances, move willingly to Jordan with a small compensation package ( about $100 at the time ) or be forcibly relocated by the armed forces of the LoN

How does any of that relate to what I am saying in regards to a two state solution and citizenship?

Are you suggesting that Arab Israeli's should be stripped of citizenship and sent to Jordan?

Is that what I replied to, or did I reply to your above post that had absolutely nothing to do with a two,three or fous state solution.

I'm trying to figure out WHAT you are calling for because your response doesn't make a lot of sense in the context of the question.

There has been a two state solution in place since 1924 when the LoN mandate portioned Palestine into Jewish and arab sections. You deny this because it means the Jews are covered by international laws protecting their rights to what is now gaza, west bank and Golan heights.

That "solution" was never law or Israel, when it was founded, would not have had the borders it did. It's just a red herring.

There is NO LAW giving them rights to Gaza, WB or the Golan Heights which belonged to Syria. What they have, they have by right of conflict and occupation, however that falls out in the end.

I am suggesting those arab muslims that see themselves as Palestinians and not as Israelis should have their Israel citizenship revoked and be asked to leave Israel. Told if they stay they will no longer be covered by Israeli health care and welfare. Just as all those Americans that see themselves Africans, Italians, Irish et al should be told the same

There is nothing "legal" or ethical about that.

Should Jews who see themselves as Jews first, not Israeli's also have their citizenship revoked?

Where will all these people go?

The two state solution was law and it set out the borders of Israel :

Delineating the final geographical area of Palestine designated for the Jewish National Home on September 16, 1922, as described by the Mandatory:11

PALESTINE

INTRODUCTORY.

POSITION, ETC.

Palestine lies on the western edge of the continent of Asia between Latitude 30º N. and 33º N., Longitude 34º 30’ E. and 35º 30’ E.

On the North it is bounded by the French Mandated Territories of Syria and Lebanon, on the East by Syria and Trans-Jordan, on the South-west by the Egyptian province of Sinai, on the South-east by the Gulf of Aqaba and on the West by the Mediterranean. The frontier with Syria was laid down by the Anglo-French Convention of the 23rd December, 1920, and its delimitation was ratified in 1923. Briefly stated, the boundaries are as follows: -

North. – From Ras en Naqura on the Mediterranean eastwards to a point west of Qadas, thence in a northerly direction to Metulla, thence east to a point west of Banias.

East. – From Banias in a southerly direction east of Lake Hula to Jisr Banat Ya’pub, thence along a line east of the Jordan and the Lake of Tiberias and on to El Hamme station on the Samakh-Deraa railway line, thence along the centre of the river Yarmuq to its confluence with the Jordan, thence along the centres of the Jordan, the Dead Sea and the Wadi Araba to a point on the Gulf of Aqaba two miles west of the town of Aqaba, thence along the shore of the Gulf of Aqaba to Ras Jaba.

South. – From Ras Jaba in a generally north-westerly direction to the junction of the Neki-Aqaba and Gaza-Aqaba Roads, thence to a point west-north-west of Ain Maghara and thence to a point on the Mediterranean coast north-west of Rafa.

West. – The Mediterranean Sea.

It was the meddling of the UN hoping that the Jews would deny the partition plan that led to the cock up in 1948, this led to Israel not delineating the extent of their lands or naming their borders. Instead they relied on the LoN mandate and the UN wording of 181 that called for mutual agreements. When the arab muslims from Egypt denied 181 and refused to have anything to do with the plan the Jews set in motion their plan to call independence and face the armed might of the arab league. This they did and having studied their enemy knew that they would fight each other for leadership more than they would fight the Jews. This led to the Jews accruing more land than originally envisaged by the UN and keeping that land as the right of conquest was still in existence. That is why the borders look strange because in reality the Jews owned all the land but parts were occupied by Syria, Jordan and Egypt. These nations promptly broke the Geneva conventions, IHL and the UN charter by forcibly expelling 1 million Jews.

So deny all you want the International laws say that the land is legally Jewish and the arab muslims are illegal enemy aliens.

Where is the country or nation of Jew then, as this is what you are actually saying. That those Israelis that see themselves as Jewish should be evicted to this non existent nation. Or are you trying to say that Palestinian is now a religion, which is so laughable as to be alarming. A Palestinian can be Jewish, muslim, Christian et al and still see themselves as being more Palestinian than Israeli, so leaving themselves open to having their citizenship revoked. A give away is when they say " in my country I am allowed to do this " when they are 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 5th generation naturalised citizens of the country the commit the crime in. It was the first claim by many muslims arrested in the UK for honour crimes, and they were normally deported to those countries that allowed the crimes with much indignation and shouting about human rights.

If they claim to be more Palestinian than Israeli then they will go to Palestine of course, if they claim to be more Jewish than Israeli they will go to Israel as full citizens. If you have any intelligence you should be able to work it all out
So deny all you want the International laws say that the land is legally Jewish and the arab muslims are illegal enemy aliens.[/indent}

Passage and link please.​

So, after all the foot stomping and wailing, the claim that Jews are not permitted to be citizens of Arab countries has been debunked.

So, after all the foot stomping and wailing, the claim that Jews are not permitted to be citizens of Arab countries has been debunked.
Actually, what has been debunked are the silly claims to thriving Jewish culture in muhammedan controlled nations.

There's very few if any Jews left in Arabs countries because they were slaughtered or escaped...Willingly stupid Jew haters :slap:

So, there are Jews that are citizens of Arab countries. The assertion was that Jews are not permitted to be citizens of Arab countries was a false assertion.

Jews and Christians were forced (or elected) to leave Algeria, Morocco, Tunisia and Libya. Jews were French or Italian citizens in those countries. Many more Christians than Jews were involved in the expulsions, by the way.

So, there are Jews that are citizens of Arab countries. The assertion was that Jews are not permitted to be citizens of Arab countries was a false assertion.

Jews and Christians were forced (or elected) to leave Algeria, Morocco, Tunisia and Libya. Jews were French or Italian citizens in those countries. Many more Christians than Jews were involved in the expulsions, by the way.
So, we can agree that the assertion "Jewish culture thriving in Tunisia'istan" was a false assertion.

No as the Jews of Djerba themselves state, they are thriving in Tunisia today and are citizens.

...I think it creates a subconscious belief that some citizens are better than others and this is reinforced in a system of citizenship that gives different rights and obligations to each group. It strives for a "different but equal" system, but I don't think that can truly work.

What would you propose as a solution?

Should we give the southern US to the blacks and the whites can keep the north?

For one, I think there should be only one citizenship - Israeli, that covers all citizens. I think that would be more of a uniting factor, whereas a divided system, divides citizens.

It would be as if the US had two categories of American citizenship: Black Americans and White Americans. That doesn't mean social/ethnic/racial divisions would cease to exist, but it would be easier to be Americans first.
The denizens of the present-day State of Israel contains citizens who want that State to perpetuate as a Jewish-controlled polity, and those who wish to destroy it.

No point in giving citizenship to the latter category; better just to push them across the border and be done with it.

It would be as if the US had two categories of American citizenship: Black Americans and White Americans. That doesn't mean social/ethnic/racial divisions would cease to exist, but it would be easier to be Americans first.

So you think African-Americans should stop calling themselves African-Americans? Because it furthers the divide between black and white Americans.
It is a silly proposition, isn't it?

The point being made was on citizenship not tolerance. Unfortunately it seems your only contribution to this is to lob insults. No surprise.

Coyote, PHOENALL, DocMauser1, et al,

Sometime we forget what the actual conflict is all about. And in losing sight of this, we tend to ask for otherwise unresolved questions. And with time, more questions start to arise.

The original issue for which the conflict arises where outline in the Statement of 6 February 1948 (A/AC.21/10 16 February 1948) Communicated to the Secretary-General by Mr. Isa Nakhleh, Representative of the Arab Higher Committee (AHC); ultimately channeled to the UN Palestine Commission (UNPC). The UNPC was them the designated Successor Government over the territory over which the Mandate would terminate in Midnight 14/15 May 1948.

Several points were made by the AHC which represented the Arab-Palestinians on this matter.

• The AHC did not recognize the passing vote by the General Assembly on Resolution 181(II). The AHC stated in substance that: "did not represent the sentiments of the United Nations." {understanding the difference between a "How to Document" versus a "Instructional Document."
• The AHC alleged that the UN had "no jurisdiction to order or recommend the partition of Palestine."
• The AHC the whole legal issue raised for a ruling by the International Court of Justice (ICJ), was nefariously block from a vote.
• The AHC stressed that the Arabs of Palestine cannot recognize the Balfour Declaration, the Mandate of Palestine or any situation arising or derived therefrom.
• The AHC considered that imposing international alien immigrants on their country by force is nothing but an act of aggression and invasion, whether made by Jews themselves, through Great Britain, or by the United Nations.
• The AHC alleged that the creation of any Jewish State in an Arab territory was an "act of wiping out the existence of an Arab country, violating its integrity, subjecting its land and people to foreign Jewish Domination.“
• “The Arabs of Palestine are, therefore, solidly determined to oppose, with all the means at their disposal, any scheme that provides for the dissection, segregation or partition of their tiny Country, or that gives to a minority, on the ground of creed, special and preferential rights or status.
• The Arabs are duty and honour bound to defend their country to the last man.
• “The Arabs of Palestine stressed how unwise and fruitless it would be to ask UNPC to proceed to Palestine because not a single Arab will cooperate with the said Commission.

The genesis on the issue of "citizenship" and "borders;" began with the wrongful exercise of lawful authority by the AHC to adopt a position to avoid cooperation with the implementation and the rejection to coordinate the implementation of the Partition Plan. It is why the 1988 entity for the State of Palestine is in question. Although under the Oslo Accord, the Palestinian Authority (PA) has the authority to issue travel documents. Like it is with other sovereign matters, acceptance of PA issued documents is under the purview of the country in which you are entering.

Palestinian Citizenship --- is as vague as it sounds. All that Article 7 of the Basic Law says, is that "Palestinian citizenship shall be regulated by law." I've never seen "citizenship" criteria.

Most Respectfully,
R

And there you have it from Roccor that the Mandate for Palestine is a legal treaty that the arab muslims could not agree to as it went against the dictates of their religion.
That is not what he said.

And again you ignore international treaties and international laws when they apply to the Jews. The arab Palestine lane is what is now Jordan, and that is where they are meant to be. What would you say if the Israelis declared that the Jewish refugees are still refugees along with their offspring and need to be given the same rights as the arab refugees. Do you think that is fair and honest, if not why is it fair and honest for the Palestinians. You are aware that Palestinians living in the US still class themselves as refugees and see their home as what ever land in Israel takes their fancy. If the arab's ever manage to gain full control you can expect modern day Israel to be destroyed within 3 years and all the Jews ethnically cleansed. The only solution is the one agreed by the LoN that saw the peaceful muslims allowed to stay in Israel and the extremists given two chances, move willingly to Jordan with a small compensation package ( about $100 at the time ) or be forcibly relocated by the armed forces of the LoN

How does any of that relate to what I am saying in regards to a two state solution and citizenship?

Are you suggesting that Arab Israeli's should be stripped of citizenship and sent to Jordan?

Is that what I replied to, or did I reply to your above post that had absolutely nothing to do with a two,three or fous state solution.

I'm trying to figure out WHAT you are calling for because your response doesn't make a lot of sense in the context of the question.

There has been a two state solution in place since 1924 when the LoN mandate portioned Palestine into Jewish and arab sections. You deny this because it means the Jews are covered by international laws protecting their rights to what is now gaza, west bank and Golan heights.

That "solution" was never law or Israel, when it was founded, would not have had the borders it did. It's just a red herring.

There is NO LAW giving them rights to Gaza, WB or the Golan Heights which belonged to Syria. What they have, they have by right of conflict and occupation, however that falls out in the end.

I am suggesting those arab muslims that see themselves as Palestinians and not as Israelis should have their Israel citizenship revoked and be asked to leave Israel. Told if they stay they will no longer be covered by Israeli health care and welfare. Just as all those Americans that see themselves Africans, Italians, Irish et al should be told the same

There is nothing "legal" or ethical about that.

Should Jews who see themselves as Jews first, not Israeli's also have their citizenship revoked?

Where will all these people go?

The two state solution was law and it set out the borders of Israel :

Delineating the final geographical area of Palestine designated for the Jewish National Home on September 16, 1922, as described by the Mandatory:11

PALESTINE

INTRODUCTORY.

POSITION, ETC.

Palestine lies on the western edge of the continent of Asia between Latitude 30º N. and 33º N., Longitude 34º 30’ E. and 35º 30’ E.

On the North it is bounded by the French Mandated Territories of Syria and Lebanon, on the East by Syria and Trans-Jordan, on the South-west by the Egyptian province of Sinai, on the South-east by the Gulf of Aqaba and on the West by the Mediterranean. The frontier with Syria was laid down by the Anglo-French Convention of the 23rd December, 1920, and its delimitation was ratified in 1923. Briefly stated, the boundaries are as follows: -

North. – From Ras en Naqura on the Mediterranean eastwards to a point west of Qadas, thence in a northerly direction to Metulla, thence east to a point west of Banias.

East. – From Banias in a southerly direction east of Lake Hula to Jisr Banat Ya’pub, thence along a line east of the Jordan and the Lake of Tiberias and on to El Hamme station on the Samakh-Deraa railway line, thence along the centre of the river Yarmuq to its confluence with the Jordan, thence along the centres of the Jordan, the Dead Sea and the Wadi Araba to a point on the Gulf of Aqaba two miles west of the town of Aqaba, thence along the shore of the Gulf of Aqaba to Ras Jaba.

South. – From Ras Jaba in a generally north-westerly direction to the junction of the Neki-Aqaba and Gaza-Aqaba Roads, thence to a point west-north-west of Ain Maghara and thence to a point on the Mediterranean coast north-west of Rafa.

West. – The Mediterranean Sea.

It was the meddling of the UN hoping that the Jews would deny the partition plan that led to the cock up in 1948, this led to Israel not delineating the extent of their lands or naming their borders. Instead they relied on the LoN mandate and the UN wording of 181 that called for mutual agreements. When the arab muslims from Egypt denied 181 and refused to have anything to do with the plan the Jews set in motion their plan to call independence and face the armed might of the arab league. This they did and having studied their enemy knew that they would fight each other for leadership more than they would fight the Jews. This led to the Jews accruing more land than originally envisaged by the UN and keeping that land as the right of conquest was still in existence. That is why the borders look strange because in reality the Jews owned all the land but parts were occupied by Syria, Jordan and Egypt. These nations promptly broke the Geneva conventions, IHL and the UN charter by forcibly expelling 1 million Jews.

So deny all you want the International laws say that the land is legally Jewish and the arab muslims are illegal enemy aliens.

Where is the country or nation of Jew then, as this is what you are actually saying. That those Israelis that see themselves as Jewish should be evicted to this non existent nation. Or are you trying to say that Palestinian is now a religion, which is so laughable as to be alarming. A Palestinian can be Jewish, muslim, Christian et al and still see themselves as being more Palestinian than Israeli, so leaving themselves open to having their citizenship revoked. A give away is when they say " in my country I am allowed to do this " when they are 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 5th generation naturalised citizens of the country the commit the crime in. It was the first claim by many muslims arrested in the UK for honour crimes, and they were normally deported to those countries that allowed the crimes with much indignation and shouting about human rights.

If they claim to be more Palestinian than Israeli then they will go to Palestine of course, if they claim to be more Jewish than Israeli they will go to Israel as full citizens. If you have any intelligence you should be able to work it all out
So deny all you want the International laws say that the land is legally Jewish and the arab muslims are illegal enemy aliens.[/indent}

Passage and link please.​

See above from the LoN minutes referring to the mandate of palestine

No it has not been proven either way, as some few are allowed to keep living there, but no new ones are allowed entry

Why the deflection when you are being trounced in debate.

Coyote, PHOENALL, DocMauser1, et al,

Sometime we forget what the actual conflict is all about. And in losing sight of this, we tend to ask for otherwise unresolved questions. And with time, more questions start to arise.

The original issue for which the conflict arises where outline in the Statement of 6 February 1948 (A/AC.21/10 16 February 1948) Communicated to the Secretary-General by Mr. Isa Nakhleh, Representative of the Arab Higher Committee (AHC); ultimately channeled to the UN Palestine Commission (UNPC). The UNPC was them the designated Successor Government over the territory over which the Mandate would terminate in Midnight 14/15 May 1948.

Several points were made by the AHC which represented the Arab-Palestinians on this matter.

• The AHC did not recognize the passing vote by the General Assembly on Resolution 181(II). The AHC stated in substance that: "did not represent the sentiments of the United Nations." {understanding the difference between a "How to Document" versus a "Instructional Document."
• The AHC alleged that the UN had "no jurisdiction to order or recommend the partition of Palestine."
• The AHC the whole legal issue raised for a ruling by the International Court of Justice (ICJ), was nefariously block from a vote.
• The AHC stressed that the Arabs of Palestine cannot recognize the Balfour Declaration, the Mandate of Palestine or any situation arising or derived therefrom.
• The AHC considered that imposing international alien immigrants on their country by force is nothing but an act of aggression and invasion, whether made by Jews themselves, through Great Britain, or by the United Nations.
• The AHC alleged that the creation of any Jewish State in an Arab territory was an "act of wiping out the existence of an Arab country, violating its integrity, subjecting its land and people to foreign Jewish Domination.“
• “The Arabs of Palestine are, therefore, solidly determined to oppose, with all the means at their disposal, any scheme that provides for the dissection, segregation or partition of their tiny Country, or that gives to a minority, on the ground of creed, special and preferential rights or status.
• The Arabs are duty and honour bound to defend their country to the last man.
• “The Arabs of Palestine stressed how unwise and fruitless it would be to ask UNPC to proceed to Palestine because not a single Arab will cooperate with the said Commission.

The genesis on the issue of "citizenship" and "borders;" began with the wrongful exercise of lawful authority by the AHC to adopt a position to avoid cooperation with the implementation and the rejection to coordinate the implementation of the Partition Plan. It is why the 1988 entity for the State of Palestine is in question. Although under the Oslo Accord, the Palestinian Authority (PA) has the authority to issue travel documents. Like it is with other sovereign matters, acceptance of PA issued documents is under the purview of the country in which you are entering.

Palestinian Citizenship --- is as vague as it sounds. All that Article 7 of the Basic Law says, is that "Palestinian citizenship shall be regulated by law." I've never seen "citizenship" criteria.

Most Respectfully,
R

And there you have it from Roccor that the Mandate for Palestine is a legal treaty that the arab muslims could not agree to as it went against the dictates of their religion.
That is not what he said.

Having trouble reading English because that is what is stated above, starting with their denial of the mandate of Palestine because it would mean having to go against their religious commands.

Forum List

Back