Equinox Blessings

There are always things to learn, even from stories that aren't true. And even stories that aren't true share similarities. Mythology is potent, storytelling is potent, because some human truths are powerful. But why should they be? That's the question.
What was your question?

Why would you base a religion on stories that are myths?
Myths often mirror human experience or serve a larger purpose. Example: half human half divine =right to rule.

OK. I don't think you have a clear understanding of 1-how different we are and 2-what many of us are doing or better yet what we aren't doing.

It looks like you are trying to make a weird attempt to turn this into a teachable moment but since you are missing critical information mentioned in the above paragraph then it's just....weird.

Nature in and of itself is "worshipped" because it is healing.

I'm trying to get ready for work. Do you have a larger point you wish to make?

Myths often mirror human experience or serve a larger purpose. Example: half human half divine =right to rule.

OK. I don't think you have a clear understanding of 1-how different we are and 2-what many of us are doing or better yet what we aren't doing.

It looks like you are trying to make a weird attempt to turn this into a teachable moment but since you are missing critical information mentioned in the above paragraph then it's just....weird.

Nature in and of itself is "worshipped" because it is healing.

I'm trying to get ready for work. Do you have a larger point you wish to make?

I don't assume I have anything to teach you. ?? I'm asking questions, that's it.

Fair enough have a good day!
Thanks!

OK. So, I'm speaking solely for myself. I don't choose the deities to work with. They choose me. Myths can be important but often are incomplete or have significantly been altered due to war and the winning side inserts their pantheon, degrades them and/or marries them off. I have to research the culture, history and archeology.

I will use Loki as an example.

Loki didn't have any worshippers. He is actually Jotunn not Aesir. While there is an argument over him being confused with Logi--I believe him to be a fire god that predates Norse mythology. My experience is probably going to be different in part because I am not locked into those myths.
Loki is more methodical than chaotic. He is compassionate. He is big on healing your inner child and shadow work (Carl Jung).Like real big.

I can't classify myself as heathen. Love the people. But, I don't think I could say I follow that religion. I make offerings to Loki and more recently Sigyn.

Forum List

Back