Erdogan invokes Hitler’s Germany to defend ‘super-presidency’ quest; Ankara quick to qualify comment

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
Erdogan is one cuckoo leader. There are probably many Turks who are ashamed that he is their leader.

f-erdogan-a-20160103-870x541.jpg

Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan and Saudi King Salman bin Abdul Aziz Al Saud pose for a photo during their meeting Tuesday in Riyadh. | SAUDI ARABIAN PRESS AGENCY VIA AP
WORLD / POLITICS
Erdogan invokes Hitler’s Germany to defend ‘super-presidency’ quest; Ankara quick to qualify comment

AFP-JIJI

ANKARA – Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan cited Nazi Germany under Adolf Hitler to defend his controversial push to expand the powers of the presidency, local media reported on Friday.

Erdogan, the strongman of Turkish politics for more than a decade, is seeking a new constitution to transform his post into a powerful U.S.-style executive “super-presidency,” which he says will provide more effective governance.

“In a unitary system (such as Turkey’s) a presidential system can work perfectly,” Erdogan was quoted as telling reporters in Istanbul on Thursday on his return from a visit to Saudi Arabia.

“There are already examples in the world and in history. You can see it when you look at Hitler’s Germany,” he was quoted as saying.

Continue reading at:

Erdogan invokes Hitler's Germany to defend 'super-presidency' quest; Ankara quick to qualify comment | The Japan Times

Sally is for once showing some sense. Yes, Erdogan is a Sunni Islamist nutcase. Ataturk is rolling over in his grave.

^ I think the change of heart could be due to Erdogan invoking H word. I am not sure what the heck Israel is thinking to begin with. Turkey is hardly a country which will be friendly to Israel; especially when it is heading towards Islamization.

^ I think the change of heart could be due to Erdogan invoking H word. I am not sure what the heck Israel is thinking to begin with. Turkey is hardly a country which will be friendly to Israel; especially when it is heading towards Islamization.

Politics make strange partners. Look at Modi and those religious crazies in Iran making buddy buddy.

Well no surprises here, Turkey sided with the Germans and then the Nazis in WWI and WWII.

Politics make strange partners. Look at Modi and those religious crazies in Iran making buddy buddy.

Iran is a far better country than Israel.

Everything is a matter of opinion. However, a Jew hater like you would prefer Iran. Nobody is stopping you from visiting. Maybe the head Ayatollah will offer you a big job.

Everything is a matter of opinion. However, a Jew hater like you would prefer Iran. Nobody is stopping you from visiting. Maybe the head Ayatollah will offer you a big job.

Congratulations! It seems like Netanyahoo has already offered you a big job :)

Sorry, dearie, I don't speak Hebrew, but I am sure you can practice up on your Farsi. As an aside, folks, when you ask Iranians where they came from, they invariably say Persia. In fact, years ago I was in the Los Angeles Air Force Base's Exchange shopping, and I asked two guys in strange uniforms what they were. They said Persians even though they belonged to the Iranian Air Force. I guess many Persians don't like their Arab blood. If it was so wonderful in Iran under Vikrant's friendly Ayatollahs, thousands and thousands and thousands of Iranians wouldn't have left. In fact, they are still coming out.

Bzzzzzz wrong. Iran is ruled by Islamic shariah maniacs.

Wrong again. Israel is a secular parliamentary democracy and is tolerant and protective of all faiths, unlike your beloved IslamoNazis. Even the Bahaais have their holiest temple located and under the protection of Israelies in Haifa Israel.

Forum List

Back