ESPN Stephen A. Smith: "You're unapologetically white..."; Huh? Am I supposed to apologize?

bucs90

Gold Member
Feb 25, 2010
Watching ESPN First Take right now. Stephen A just said to Skip "You are unapologetically white..." regarding a Cam Newton conversation.

Um....what? Am I supposed to be an apologizing white???

ESPN2 day time material is becoming more and more like the MSNBC of sports.

Watching ESPN First Take right now. Stephen A just said to Skip "You are unapologetically white..." regarding a Cam Newton conversation.

Yes, I'm pretty sure you're supposed to apologize for being white.

I think you're also supposed to go through your day "feeling" guilty and telling everyone how guilty you "feel".

And you should probably treat people differently based on the color of their skin, especially if their skin is darker than yours. Be extra nice and accommodating to them, regardless of whether they have done anything to deserve preferential treatment.

I'm not sure what that's going to accomplish, but I don't think that is really relevant.

You're Skip?

He called Skip that as a category. I know your primal brain hasn't evolved enough to get that.
cam-newton-u-mad.jpg

Yes, I'm pretty sure you're supposed to apologize for being white.

I think you're also supposed to go through your day "feeling" guilty and telling everyone how guilty you "feel".

And you should probably treat people differently based on the color of their skin, especially if their skin is darker than yours. Be extra nice and accommodating to them, regardless of whether they have done anything to deserve preferential treatment.

I'm not sure what that's going to accomplish, but I don't think that is really relevant.

You just described an American liberal.

You're Skip?

He called Skip that as a category. I know your primal brain hasn't evolved enough to get that.

Did he say you were in that category? Or you just saw your opportunity to whine and went for it?

Well am I? I wasn't aware there was a category of "unapologetically" white people versus....white people who are apologetically white.

I'm confused. What about my race do I need to be apologetic or unapologetic about???? Is my skin color burning people's retinas or something?

Forum List

Back