Ever Changing Faces of Facebook - Oct 1st Should be Fun

iceberg

Diamond Member
May 15, 2017
Ever have your account suspended?
you will be removed from Facebook on Oct 1st.

We try to make Facebook broadly available to everyone, but you cannot use Facebook if:
  • You are under 13 years old.
  • You are a convicted sex offender.
  • We've previously disabled your account for violations of our Terms or Policies.
  • You are prohibited from receiving our products, services, or software under applicable laws.

5Profiles.jpg

We try to make Facebook broadly available to everyone, but you cannot use Facebook if:
  • We've previously disabled your account for violations of our Terms or Policies.
  • You are prohibited from receiving our products, services, or software under applicable laws.
Also they have the right to shadow ban you, restrict who sees your posts, and outright delete content their SJW's disagree with.

Wow, they're doubling down on stupidity. Just dreadful.

i honestly don't get it.

banning *anyone* who's been in FB jail? (unless i misunderstand the 3rd bullet) is going to be a huge hit. i know many of my friends would do it TO get banned for a few days and force some time off.

people asked for change, myself included. here we go.

i honestly don't get it.

banning *anyone* who's been in FB jail? (unless i misunderstand the 3rd bullet) is going to be a huge hit. i know many of my friends would do it TO get banned for a few days and force some time off.

Yeah, I don't get that one either.

So. . . if your main account, that one with your real name has been banned. . . what?

You just don't ever get to use FB again?

Are they TRYING to promote the competition?

. . . and just what IS the main competition exactly? Who is FB main competitor?

I've got a few friends that have had their main account banned, and, reading the rules, you are only allowed ONE account now, the one in your real name.

. . . well, if that one has been banned? Apparently, like the Chinese social credit system, you don't make the cut and can't be included in their game. . . is that it?

i honestly don't get it.

I was not aware of this. . . I wonder how many are?

Do you think this qualifies as an "October surprise?"

i honestly don't get it.

Yeah, I don't get that one either.

So. . . if your main account, that one with your real name has been banned. . . what?

You just don't ever get to use FB again?

Are they TRYING to promote the competition?

. . . and just what IS the main competition exactly? Who is FB main competitor?

I've got a few friends that have had their main account banned, and, reading the rules, you are only allowed ONE account now, the one in your real name.

. . . well, if that one has been banned? Apparently, like the Chinese social credit system, you don't make the cut and can't be included in their game. . . is that it?
not quite sure how extensive it would be. would you have to create a new e-mail and start over? many would simply create a new gmail account and come right on back and rebuild.

or do you now ban "free" e-mail accounts? that would be another monumentally stupid decision i doubt would happen but i never thought they'd go ban happy on around 25% of their accounts.

as for competition - there isn't any. i tried parler and even my being a conservative - can't do it. FAR too much screaming and fear mongering among the right about the left. mewe? only a million downloads and it will cost you $25 a year for your page. NOW if it had similar features and everyone came over, i'd give it a shot. $25 isn't bad for ad-free and privacy at all. that one may take off but until it does, i'm not throwing $ at it and have a trial account for now.

instagram? well it's facebook and has the same rules. now given the shit that happens on instagram, i'd think many have been banned before. my nephew is using social media (facebook / instagram) to promote his new barber shop and he said he was banned long ago - will that come into play and kill his business page now?

now - getting into people with sex offender on their record. there goes most government accounts from what i can tell. just saw a list not long ago of those charged with sex crimes and pedo crap. will this include rapists or just pedos?

oh - it's "sex offenders". there goes almost 1 million accounts in the US alone.
According to NCMEC, as of 2016 there were 859,500 registered sex offenders in United States.

will be interesting to count "sex offenders" in other countries as their own definitions vary.

it doesn't really make sense in the long run of what they are going to do with S230 dying. it would "appear" they are prepping to be a PUBLISHER but if so, they now have to manage ALL the content from ALL the people and if they try to FACT CHECK they are now responsible and can't make shit up about the "Facts" because it's legally their baby now. so they lose that ability to become their own fantasy fact checkers because they will be challenged every step of the way from people who are pissed at them.

where will their $ come from is the big question, as a publisher. are they looking to get into media like streaming services, tv, radio, and the like? none of these sites have comment sections anymore simply because of the legalities involved.

download all your shit. can't really tell which way this horse is going to buck next.

Forum List

Back