Everything’s a problem: Some people unhappy that a woman will be featured on the $10 bill instead of

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
and they TALK about those Cons:
the left is never frikken Satisfied or happy. You give them a $10 then they want a $20:eusa_doh:
LEAVE our damn money alone for crying out loud

SNIP:
In fairness to them, some of the reason for the upset is righteous. “Alexander Hamilton is not someone that people have a problem with,” said the director of the Women On 20s campaign. Why kick the great man off the currency instead of the far more dubious Andrew Jackson? I couldn’t agree more.

But that’s not the only reason. Some feel that women are being, er, shortchanged:

And then there’s this: the $20 bill is more visible than the $10 bill. As of 2014, there were more than 8.1 billion $20 bills in circulation, compared to 1.9 $10 bills. Of the denominations under $500, only the $50 and the $2 bills circulate less.

Putting a woman on the $10 instead of the $20 means six billion fewer copies of her image in circulation. Ain’t it just like our sexist president to think he can make women happy by giving them less than he gives men? Just because it works that way in the White House, champ, doesn’t mean it has to on the currency.

Other critiques of Treasury’s new plans for the $10 are, shall we say, more nuanced. Because Hamilton bills will remain in circulation for many years to come, he’ll effectively be sharing the $10 with a woman rather than ceding it entirely. And you know what that means. Right: Patriarchy.

ALL of it here:
Everything s a problem Some people unhappy that a woman will be featured on the 10 bill instead of the 20 Hot Air

Uhh, Staph, you're the one that's flipping out over the change.

You need psychotherapy in the worst way.

it doesnt matter.....in the near future everything will be ATM type cards,and it will be credits not dollars or euros or whatever...and this will be world wide....

Hamilton played a big roll in constructing this country into the super power it became. For Obama to replace him with a woman is a insult.

SOme bitch sitting at the front of the bus...lol
Some bitch whining about having to take care of kids

etc

Last edited:
it doesnt matter.....in the near future everything will be ATM type cards,and it will be credits not dollars or euros or whatever...and this will be world wide....

For sure. I hardly carry money anymore. this whole thing is stupid in my book

I agree, blaming Obama for changes to the $10 bill are stupid considering the changes have been planned since 2003. You just want to whine to yourself whine. Did you have a fainting spell when they made changes to prevent counterfeiters?

Last edited:

Yeah, we know. You have your EBT card and your gumt cheese is delivered to you.

And of course you would say "its all Obama's fault".

Dumb ditz.

As long as we are playing identity politics, I think it should be Bruce Jenner or that white/black NAACP gal.

yea i get kinda pissed when i see someone whip out the check book in the grocery line....after the total comes up,instead of doing it while the cashier is doing her thing.....just swipe the bank card and its done....

yea i get kinda pissed when i see someone whip out the check book in the grocery line....after the total comes up,instead of doing it while the cashier is doing her thing.....just swipe the bank card and its done....

I know that. they take up time writing a CHECK. lol

Forum List

Back