Evidence Free Zone

Star

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2009
America is showing evidence that - we are tiring of the Republican Party's Evidence Free Zone.

Majority Of Americans Think It's 'Bad For The Country' That Republicans Control The House

The Huffington Post
By Luke Johnson
Posted: 10/21/2013

<snip>

The poll is yet another sign that the government shutdown has hurt the Republican party. An NBC/WSJ poll taken during the shutdown showed that 24 percent of people approved of the party, a record low. Gallup measured another record low for the GOP, with 28 percent approving. A poll released Sunday funded by Moveon.org and conducted by the Democratic-leaning Public Policy Polling showed that incumbent Republicans trailed generic Democrats in 15 of 25 competitive House districts.

<snip>

A poll funded by Moveon.org shows people don't like the GOP. Really??
What next? Polls in inner city neighborhoods in NY, Detroit and LA reveal that welfare-to-work programs and drug testing are unpopular?

What next? Polls in inner city neighborhoods in NY, Detroit and LA reveal that welfare-to-work programs and drug testing are unpopular?

To friggin' funny, an evidence free Republican trips over the NBC/WSJ poll attribute in the OP to... -- that's the stumblin', fumblin', bumblin' and mumblin' the polls are talkin' about.
LMAO @ U dude/dudette.

To friggin' funny, an evidence free Republican trips over the NBC/WSJ poll attribute in the OP to... -- that's the stumblin', fumblin', bumblin' and mumblin' the polls are talkin' about.
LMAO @ U dude/dudette.

YYou are a dishonest douchebag.
Here is the poll:
http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2013/images/10/21/rel12a.pdf

Among other findings:
52% of people disapproved of Obama's handling of his job
52% of people don't have confidence in Obama
56% oppose Obamacare

LMAO @ U dude/dudette.

YYou are a dishonest douchebag.
Here is the poll:
http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2013/images/10/21/rel12a.pdf

Among other findings:
52% of people disapproved of Obama's handling of his job
52% of people don't have confidence in Obama
56% oppose Obamacare

Republicans in the evidence free zone are quick to name call but-----but the evidence produced by the poll...

GOP, Boehner take shutdown hit in new CNN poll - CNN.com

By Paul Steinhauser, CNN Political Editor
October 21, 2013

Washington (CNN) -- Just over half the public says that it's bad for the country that the GOP controls the House of Representatives, according to a new national poll conducted after the end of the partial government shutdown.

And the CNN/ORC International survey also indicates that more than six in 10 Americans say that Speaker of the House John Boehner should be replaced.

<snip>

"John Boehner fares just as badly as the GOP," CNN Polling Director Keating Holland said. "Sixty-three percent of all Americans think that Boehner should be replaced as Speaker of the House, a view shared by roughly half of all Republicans."

<snip>

"Barack Obama's numbers are pretty anemic, but he remains in much better shape than the GOP," Holland said. "Even though Obama's approval rating remains stuck in the mid-40s, it didn't take a hit during the shutdown -- 44% just before the shutdown began; 44% now."

According to the survey, 44% also say they have more confidence in Obama rather than the GOP in Congress to deal with the major issues facing the country today, a 5-point drop from last year; 31% say they have more confidence in congressional Republicans, unchanged from last December.

For emphasis let me restate the polling evidence - 44% of us have more confidence in President Obama than we have in Republicans and-----and only 31% of us think Republicans could do a better job and-----and just for the heckuvit, let me remind y'all Republicans that the Republican controlled congress has a miniscule 12% approval rating.

Just what we need...

Both houses of Congress controlled by the Democrats with a Democrat in the Oval Office...

How fucked could we get...

I'm guessing the writer of the piece didn't read the NBC poll.

NBC NEWS) Throw the bums out.

That&#8217;s the message 60 percent of Americans are sending to Washington in a new NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll, saying if they had the chance to vote to defeat and replace every single member of Congress, including their own representative, they would. Just 35 percent say they would not

Read more at Poll: 60% say throw the bums out

That’s the message 60 percent of Americans are sending to Washington in a new NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll, saying if they had the chance to vote to defeat and replace every single member of Congress, including their own representative, they would. Just 35 percent say they would not

Uh-oh, what will the Republicans on this thread do now... WND and Huffington Post agree about the NBC/WSJ poll that The Rabbi stumbled over but didn't read, but-----but I'm not surprised at the feeble/surrender/evidence free responses by Republicans on this thread. After all, it wasn't that long ago that the Republican standard bearer's campaign made this ridiculous statement; “We’re not going to let our campaign be dictated by fact-checkers.”

And recently the Evidence Free Zone, i.e. the Republican Party tried to pull the wool over the American peoples eyes by claiming mass shooters choose gun free zones so they won't get any return fire, but...
"First, the right-wing myth that shooters specifically open fire on locations that don't allow guns because they know there won't be armed resistance. That's false. As Mother Jones reported as part of its ongoing analysis of gun rampages, "Among the 62 mass shootings over the last 30 years that we studied, not a single case includes evidence that the killer chose to target a place because it banned guns." An analysis from Mayors Against Illegal Guns found that fewer than one quarter of mass shootings in public spaces from January 2009 through January 2013 occurred in gun-free zones.

Instead, most gunmen choose their killing sites because they have a personal connection to it (i.e. it's their workplace or school), not because of the location's posted gun policy.

Secondly, if more guns, and access to more guns, is the answer to curbing shooting sprees, then why haven't more guns curbed shooting sprees? As Mother Jones noted, nearly 100 state laws loosening gun restrictions have been passed in the last four years, yet 2012 was the worst year for mass shootings in recent history."

That’s the message 60 percent of Americans are sending to Washington in a new NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll, saying if they had the chance to vote to defeat and replace every single member of Congress, including their own representative, they would. Just 35 percent say they would not

Uh-oh, what will the Republicans on this thread do now... WND and Huffington Post agree about the NBC/WSJ poll that The Rabbi stumbled over but didn't read, but-----but I'm not surprised at the feeble/surrender/evidence free responses by Republicans on this thread. After all, it wasn't that long ago that the Republican standard bearer's campaign made this ridiculous statement; “We’re not going to let our campaign be dictated by fact-checkers.”

And recently the Evidence Free Zone, i.e. the Republican Party tried to pull the wool over the American peoples eyes by claiming mass shooters choose gun free zones so they won't get any return fire, but...
"First, the right-wing myth that shooters specifically open fire on locations that don't allow guns because they know there won't be armed resistance. That's false. As Mother Jones reported as part of its ongoing analysis of gun rampages, "Among the 62 mass shootings over the last 30 years that we studied, not a single case includes evidence that the killer chose to target a place because it banned guns." An analysis from Mayors Against Illegal Guns found that fewer than one quarter of mass shootings in public spaces from January 2009 through January 2013 occurred in gun-free zones.

Instead, most gunmen choose their killing sites because they have a personal connection to it (i.e. it's their workplace or school), not because of the location's posted gun policy.

Secondly, if more guns, and access to more guns, is the answer to curbing shooting sprees, then why haven't more guns curbed shooting sprees? As Mother Jones noted, nearly 100 state laws loosening gun restrictions have been passed in the last four years, yet 2012 was the worst year for mass shootings in recent history."

You're not terribly bright, we get it.
Which laws that were loosened caused those gun killings? Most of the killers bought their guns legally with background checks. Others stole them or otherwise acquired them illegally. Which laws would have prevented any of that?

Forum List

Back