Evidence Over Hysteria

Necessary read.
The restrictions are scarier and more dangerous than the virus itself.
Look at the US figures in the graphs in images 4 and 7.
It’s called context.

Evidence over hysteria — COVID-19
Followed you link to the article by Aaron Gin and immediately thought, who the hell is this, so I looked him up athttps://www.aginnt.com/about I am a growth hacker. I apply my study of people and metaphysics to marketing, product development, and data science. Distribution is fun for me. My approach is product driven, data inspired, and cross-disciplinary (pulling in my experience with philosophy and behavioral economics).
I'm sorry. I gotta go with the scientist and government officials over the facebook blogger with 3.5K followers.
FB blogger or not, numbers don’t lie.
Too bad the link disappeared.
Too bad you want things to be worse than they are.
The link did not disappear. It plainly states on medium, they shut down the post for violating their rule, and it is under investigation. I can show you a link where you can get to it, if you want to cuddle up and sleep with it, but as a credible source to support argument, it is toast.
So the numbers and graphs were inaccurate?
Incomplete because enough data for this country is not out there yet. That guy no better than you, me and the smart ones on this board. I took stats and the proper sampling to model for this country ain't there. My best guess is it's not going to be as bad as the worst case predictions, but nowhere near the rosy best case scenarios and that is as good as any expert in the county. If the minimizers convince people in the early part that it is of minimal seriousness, than the gloom/doom asshole might turn out to be right. Your best chance of winning is to prepare for worst case scenario. I learned that over 20 years of combat exercises and operations and another 25 plus in the private sector. Some sound advice just doesn't change.
You could have stopped after your first sentence.
That is essentially what the link and this thread are about. The graphs demonstrated two perspectives and the first one, the vertical one, is what is mostly promoted. Hysteria.
The per capita one is significant if you consider it in context with S Korea and Singapore.
Meanwhile, those of us like you and I, who are in the high risk group can take it upon ourselves to take necessary precautions without sacrificing normalcy and the economy.

I didn’t get to see the graphs before it went dark, but how would we know this is an overreaction? I wonder if Italians think it’s an overreaction where the death rate is like 1 in 8 among people who contract covid19. I bet they don’t.
If you consider the demographic of the death rate and consider Italy allowing people to cross their border unimpeded the numbers are skewed. Had Italy known the risk to elderly and sick they could have taken precautions to protect that group and the numbers would be much lower.
Totally agree, but that doesn’t mean we should be going on as business as usual here. There are still to many questions and the curve of infection needs to be flattened before we can assess the actual damage here.
I think the restrictions should be applied to the high risk group. That in itself changes business as usual but not to the current drastic point. We’re making things exponentially worse by all of these draconian shutdown measures.

Maybe, maybe not. It’s pure speculation on your part because we have no way of knowing what the outcome would be if we didn’t “overreact “.
I didn’t get to see the graphs before it went dark, but how would we know this is an overreaction? I wonder if Italians think it’s an overreaction where the death rate is like 1 in 8 among people who contract covid19. I bet they don’t.
If you consider the demographic of the death rate and consider Italy allowing people to cross their border unimpeded the numbers are skewed. Had Italy known the risk to elderly and sick they could have taken precautions to protect that group and the numbers would be much lower.
Totally agree, but that doesn’t mean we should be going on as business as usual here. There are still to many questions and the curve of infection needs to be flattened before we can assess the actual damage here.
I think the restrictions should be applied to the high risk group. That in itself changes business as usual but not to the current drastic point. We’re making things exponentially worse by all of these draconian shutdown measures.

Maybe, maybe not. It’s pure speculation on your part because we have no way of knowing what the outcome would be if we didn’t “overreact “.
I think it’s becoming quite clear what the outcome will be if we continue to overreact.
The numbers suggest there is a significantly less damaging alternative to what we’re currently doing. That is, protect the vulnerable, take steps to protect yourself and carry on. We’re throwing the baby out with the bath water.

I think it’s becoming quite clear what the outcome will be if we continue to overreact.
The numbers suggest there is a significantly less damaging alternative to what we’re currently doing. That is, protect the vulnerable, take steps to protect yourself and carry on. We’re throwing the baby out with the bath water.

You can't protect the vulnerable if you let people who can be unknowing carriers just walk around frilly nilly. Not to mention, more younger people are starting to have worse symptoms than originally thought.

Necessary read.
The restrictions are scarier and more dangerous than the virus itself.
Look at the US figures in the graphs in images 4 and 7.
It’s called context.

Evidence over hysteria — COVID-19
Followed you link to the article by Aaron Gin and immediately thought, who the hell is this, so I looked him up athttps://www.aginnt.com/about I am a growth hacker. I apply my study of people and metaphysics to marketing, product development, and data science. Distribution is fun for me. My approach is product driven, data inspired, and cross-disciplinary (pulling in my experience with philosophy and behavioral economics).
I'm sorry. I gotta go with the scientist and government officials over the facebook blogger with 3.5K followers.
FB blogger or not, numbers don’t lie.
Too bad the link disappeared.
Too bad you want things to be worse than they are.

The link disappeared because people checked facts and found it was fake propaganda.
This is the first chart I alluded to but from a different source...
How the US stacks up to other countries in confirmed coronavirus cases

When you factor those numbers against the populations of Italy (60 million), the US (320 million) and Iran (80 million) you get a completely different picture, which is what the second chart alluded to. So regardless of why the link was pulled, the info cited still supports the onus of this thread.

You can't protect the vulnerable if you let people who can be unknowing carriers just walk around frilly nilly. Not to mention, more younger people are starting to have worse symptoms than originally thought.
Link

Trump had months to prepare for Coronavirus, but did nothing but blame everyone else! India has 1.4 billion citizens, is next door to China, but has very few infected and only 4 deaths. We are only 24% that size but have 26,000 infected with ~400 dead and soaring. Trump & the repubtards have the worst record on the planet after Itay. China had no warning, Trump had 3 months!!!

Trump / Pence = EPIC FAIL!!!
This is not about if China and India are country neighbors but if India has same trade and interchange of people like the US and China.

Your message is irrelevant.

Besides of the unnecessary hysteria, what is the guarantee that isolating people for two months will stop the future spread of the virus?

Any plans to exterminate all the bats and birds in China and in other parts of the world?

Link

If you are researching this and paying attention as much as you say, I shouldn't have to provide this.

Yes, Young People Are Falling Seriously Ill From Covid-19

Link

If you are researching this and paying attention as much as you say, I shouldn't have to provide this.

Just like flu. But how many are dying? Nearly zero.

Link

Nearly zero? Go back and do some more research. Just because someone doesn't DIE doesn't mean they aren't left with permanent lung scarring for the rest of their lives. Jesus, so many of you people are so black and white and zero sum game. That's not how the real world works.

Link

Nearly zero? Go back and do some more research. Just because someone doesn't DIE doesn't mean they aren't left with permanent lung scarring for the rest of their lives. Jesus, so many of you people are so black and white and zero sum game. That's not how the real world works.
Go see what flu does to people who don’t die from it and I’m sure you’ll find similarities.
You’re the one cherry-picking.

Link

Go see what flu does to people who don’t die from it and I’m sure you’ll find similarities.

Oh, so your argument is that bad Corona virus death and health damage isn't important because they aren't much worse than death and health damage from the flu? That's like arguing that being killed by a bullet isn't that big of a deal because a person can be killed by a bow and arrow... both results in DEATH. The difference in Corona Virus and the flu? There is no vaccine for the Corona Virus.

You are the definition of why taking in information doesn't make a person intelligent, if they don't have the brain power to understand it.

Oh, so your argument is that bad Corona virus death and health damage isn't important because they aren't much worse than death and health damage from the flu? That's like arguing that being killed by a bullet isn't that big of a deal because a person can be killed by a bow and arrow... both results in DEATH. The difference in Corona Virus and the flu? There is no vaccine for the Corona Virus.

You are the definition of why taking in information doesn't make a person intelligent, if they don't have the brain power to understand it.
You made my argument with your bow and arrow analogy. You also defeated gun control advocacy.

You made my argument with your bow and arrow analogy. You also defeated gun control advocacy.

No, I proved just how asinine your argument is. The Corona Virus is not the flu, because there is no vaccine for it.

No, I proved just how asinine your argument is. The Corona Virus is not the flu, because there is no vaccine for it.
Vaccine is moot because we’re comparing infections.

No vaccine in 2020.

You can't compare infections when a large portion of the population has been given a vaccine for one and not the other. Now you are just moving the goalpost.

No vaccine in 2020.
Hard to have a vaccine in ample stock for something that never existed before

No vaccine in 2020.
Hard to have a vaccine in ample stock for something that never existed before
18 months for a clinical trial, someone should explain to Don how a double blind clinical trial works.

Forum List

Back