Evolution is a False Religion not Proven Science.

How much of anything must a person acknowledge as a possibility before he can be rated 'rational' on the subject?

Would an atheist magically become rational if he were to say, 'I don't believe in God, I don't believe God exists, but hey,

anything's possible.'

??

You know you have a problem if one person walks up to you and explains evolution and you say BULLSHIT and then another person tells you the Jesus story and you believe it whole heartedly.

Evolution doesn't offer you a future.

Look at boss. Even without jesus he believes his soul will live on forever. Not a dophins or ape or bear. When they die the energy just dies. He can see that's probably true but he just can't believe his soul ends when his physical body expires.

To think you have a soul but a tiger doesn't is irrational.

To think your spirit lives on is irrational.

And these people, even if one day they give up on christianity, will still believe they have a personal relationship with god. I know because I use to be one of them. Now I see that if none of the organized religions are real, what makes me believe god is real?

Boss says because we have believed from as far back as we can trace humans that this is proof a god exists. That is not proof. That only explains that our ancient ancestors weren't very smart, didn't know science, had a natural fear of the unknown, were superstitious and they had brains that could imagine gods, devils, ghosts, spirits, space ships, angels, etc.

If you believe that 'Evolution leaves no room for Creation' you're a fool.

If you believe 'Creation leaves no room for Evolution, you're a fool.

Yes it is possible that a god(s) hit a marble into a group of marbles and caused the big bang.

So you think we were intelligently designed?

The universe is extremely hostile to life. Extinction level events have nearly eliminated complex life on Earth on five separate occasions. Of all the species that have ever lived 99.9% are now extinct. Furthermore, normal matter like stars and planets occupy less than 0.0000000000000000000042 percent of the observable universe. Life constitutes an even smaller fraction of that matter again. If the universe is fine-tuned for anything it is for the creation of black holes and empty space.

There is nothing to suggest that human life, our planet or our universe are uniquely privileged nor intended. On the contrary, the sheer scale of the universe in both space and time and our understanding of its development indicate we are non-central to the scheme of things; mere products of chance, physical laws and evolution. To believe otherwise amounts to an argument from incredulity and a hubris mix of anthropocentrism and god of the gaps thinking.

The conditions that we observe, namely, those around our Sun and on Earth, simply seem fine-tuned to us because we evolved to suit them. We cannot prove that all other possible forms of life would be infeasible with a different set of conditions or constants because the only universe that we can observe is the one we occupy. Indeed, modelling suggests star formation (a necessary precursor to our form of biology) may be viable under a number of different universal conditions.

Without actual proof of creation, naturalistic explanations for the properties of this universe cannot be wholly ruled out. It is possible an infinity of universes exist, all with different conditions and forms of life. The fact that our particular universe has the physical constants we observe may be no more to the point than the fact a hand of cards, dealt from a shuffled deck, is the one a hypothetical player holds. Though the chances of any one universe being hospitable to life might be low, the conditional probability of a form of life observing a set of constants suitable to it is exactly unity. That is to say, every possible universe would ‘appear’ fine-tuned to the form of life it harbors, while all those inhospitable universes would never be observed by life at all.

“Imagine a puddle waking up one morning and thinking, ‘This is an interesting world I find myself in, an interesting hole I find myself in, fits me rather neatly, doesn’t it? In fact it fits me staggeringly well, must have been made to have me in it!’ This is such a powerful idea that as the sun rises in the sky and the air heats up and the puddle gets smaller and smaller, it’s still frantically hanging on to the notion that everything’s going to be all right, because this world was meant to have him in it, was built to have him in it; so the moment he disappears catches him rather by surprise.” - Douglas Adams

I don't know....does this person who believes in ghosts claim its a rational conclusion?......

Did you not claim above, implicitly, that atheists are not rational?

Why aren't they?

Because there's no proof that a god can't exist.

If one accepts the prevailing scientific understanding of the development of the universe, yet also believes in one of the major religions, then presumably a god sat idle for 13.7 billion years – waiting as the stars, galaxies and planets formed. Then it watched with complete and utter indifference as modern Homo Sapians evolved, struggled and died for a further 150,000 years. Finally, a few thousand years ago, this god suddenly decided to reveal itself to several people in the most primitive, illiterate and remote portions of humanity in a completely unverifiable way – and then simply disappeared.

Why aren't they?

If one accepts the prevailing scientific understanding of the development of the universe, yet also believes in one of the major religions, then presumably a god sat idle for 13.7 billion years – waiting as the stars, galaxies and planets formed. Then it watched with complete and utter indifference as modern Homo Sapians evolved, struggled and died for a further 150,000 years. Finally, a few thousand years ago, this god suddenly decided to reveal itself to several people in the most primitive, illiterate and remote portions of humanity in a completely unverifiable way – and then simply disappeared.

GOD IS OUTSIDE TIME AS HE SAYS A DAY TO HIM IS LIKE A THOUSAND YEARS AND A THOUSAND YEARS AS A DAY!!! GOD IS AWESOME FAR BEYOUND YOUR little peanut brain thinking!!!

GOD IS OUTSIDE TIME AS HE SAYS A DAY TO HIM IS LIKE A THOUSAND YEARS AND A THOUSAND YEARS AS A DAY!!! GOD IS AWESOME FAR BEYOUND YOUR little peanut brain thinking!!!

What did he do before us? Probably another one of his failed experiments. You'd think he'd get it right after all this time.

What did he do before us? Probably another one of his failed experiments. You'd think he'd get it right after all this time.

ROFLMAO!!! YOU ARE REALLY A TOTAL WASTE OF TIME HERE!!!Huh???

Why aren't they?

because they say that believing in something without proof is irrational and then state that there is no God, something they believe without proof.....

That makes believing - with certainty - IN God without proof irrational,
true, if you are an atheist......If, on the other hand, you don't agree that believing in something without proof is irrational, it does NOT make believing in God without proof irrational....

it is the inherent self contradiction which makes the atheist irrational.....

What is or isn't rational isn't that person's decision.

Again, is it rational to believe with certainty in ghosts?

do you have proof there are no ghosts?.....if not you may believe it, you may be certain of it, but you cannot come to a rational conclusion on the issue?......

So again, 'anything is possible, nothing is impossible' is the only rational position a person can have on the subject?

no....some things can be proven impossible.......

do you have proof there are no ghosts?.....if not you may believe it, you may be certain of it, but you cannot come to a rational conclusion on the issue?......

So again, 'anything is possible, nothing is impossible' is the only rational position a person can have on the subject?

If there are things that are provably impossible, that would be proof that an omnipotent God cannot exist,

for with such a God, anything would be possible. That's how omnipotence works.

How much of anything must a person acknowledge as a possibility before he can be rated 'rational' on the subject?

that which they cannot prove......

That principle would render our system of justice irrational, since the standard for proof of guilt is only beyond reasonable doubt,

not beyond all possible doubt.

Is our justice irrational? Is it justice to put a man's fate in the hands of the outcome of an irrational system?

ROFLMAO!!! YOU ARE REALLY A TOTAL WASTE OF TIME HERE!!!Huh???

Are you really ROTF? Are you really Laughing out loud? I doubt it.

See dear, you are the waste of time. All the leading scientists who specialize in this area have a bunch of reasons why they believe in evolution. They use facts, proof, evidence, etc to come up with their conclusions. If someone challenges a claim they are ok with that because they aren't set in their ways as far as their beliefs go. We are open to new evidence.

But you are not you fucking idiot. You believe a 2000 year old book filled with impossible stories. So it is you who is a waste of time if you deny evolution and believe christianity.

AND YOU?????? You are so gay it sickens me.

If there are things that are provably impossible, that would be proof that an omnipotent God cannot exist,

for with such a God, anything would be possible. That's how omnipotence works.

would an omnipotent God make your arguments lucid?.....

that which they cannot prove......

That principle would render our system of justice irrational, since the standard for proof of guilt is only beyond reasonable doubt,

not beyond all possible doubt.

Is our justice irrational? Is it justice to put a man's fate in the hands of the outcome of an irrational system?

do you believe atheists can prove God does not exist to even the standard of a preponderance of the evidence, let alone beyond a reasonable doubt.....

You are right.
I have a stalker.
You need professional help Moe.

You need to excercise some wisdom and better judgement my friend- I know you have very little intelligence to work with - your posts are proof positive of that , but being that you were involved in the Investigations Profession {or so you say} YOU of all people should know better than to post that amount of personal information on line . I was only involved in the Mental Hygene field -not security or investigations and I was able to ascertain what I did in about 10 minutes - imagine what someone who really had an axe to grind with you could do. Regards and sleep tight ---- LOL ---- Oh yes , you have an outstanding parking ticket - old - I'd take care of that if I were you <LMAO >

I have nothing to hide.

Fer sure dude - Nor anything to show

You need to excercise some wisdom and better judgement my friend- I know you have very little intelligence to work with - your posts are proof positive of that , but being that you were involved in the Investigations Profession {or so you say} YOU of all people should know better than to post that amount of personal information on line . I was only involved in the Mental Hygene field -not security or investigations and I was able to ascertain what I did in about 10 minutes - imagine what someone who really had an axe to grind with you could do. Regards and sleep tight ---- LOL ---- Oh yes , you have an outstanding parking ticket - old - I'd take care of that if I were you <LMAO >

I have nothing to hide.

Fer sure dude - Nor anything to show

Sure have your attention.

because they say that believing in something without proof is irrational and then state that there is no God, something they believe without proof.....

That makes believing - with certainty - IN God without proof irrational,
true, if you are an atheist......If, on the other hand, you don't agree that believing in something without proof is irrational, it does NOT make believing in God without proof irrational....

it is the inherent self contradiction which makes the atheist irrational.....

I base that on what you accuse atheists of - irrationality. You set the standard of what constitutes irrationality, and by your standard, a firm believer in unobservable supernatural beings is irrational.

btw, an atheist does not have to reject the idea that an unobservable supernatural being might in fact exist.

I don't believe that unicorns exist. I will continue to not believe in them until someone shows me one. Why does that make me irrational?

Forum List

Back