Ex-Employee Leaks Details About Refugee Abuse On Nauru

Coyote

Varmint
Staff member
Gold Supporting Member
Apr 17, 2009
Canis Latrans
This is a bit of a spin off from another thread - the condition of refugees and migrants in detention centers. What's been happening on Nauru has only recently come to light, but mirrors conditions in other terribly overcrowded refugee centers.

There is reason international law mandates that children not be imprisoned or detained with adults and that men and women are housed seperately. Overcrowding, insufficient resources, no known future - all of that can lead to severe problems and abuse on the most vulnerable, in this case children and women.

One article I read talked about human trafficking occuring in some of these camps, where young girls and women are "married" by UAE/Kuwaiti men looking for sex, and then dumped when they become pregnant. These camps jam migrants and refugees from dozens of nationalities and cultures and backgrounds together and too few people overseeing it.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/11/world/australia/nauru-asylum-seeker-refugee-abuse.html
Leaked documents published Wednesday reveal extensive details about the harsh conditions faced by asylum seekers who have tried to reach Australia by boat and are being held on the remote Pacific island of Nauru.

More than 2,000 incident reports, written by detention-center staff members and published by The Guardian, describe episodes of violence, including sexual assault, and self-harm. Most of the cases involved children, the newspaper said, although children made up just 18 percent of the people in detention at the time of the reports. The files extend from May 2013 to October 2015.

While the difficult conditions in the island nation have long been known, the documentation will give new evidence to opponents of Australia’s policies toward asylum seekers.

Under those policies, migrants who try to reach Australia by boat without a valid visa are held offshore in Nauru and Papua New Guinea. Even if given refugee status, they are prevented from resettling in Australia.

The Australian authorities say such tough measures are necessary to discourage attempts to make the risky voyages by sea, which have sometimes ended in mass drownings. The number of attempted boat arrivals has declined sharply since the Labor Party government of Julia Gillard revived a program of offshore detentions in 2012, and the policy is maintained today under Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull of the conservative Liberal Party.

Since when have "tough measures" included the abuse of children???? Or rape?

Among the episodes outlined in the documents are multiple cases of people cutting themselves; security officers propositioning and harassing female detainees; and one instance of an officer putting his hand into a boy’s shorts during a car ride. According to that report, the boy’s father, who was also in the car, pulled the boy away but did not say anything to either of the two Nauruan officers present for fear of their reaction.

The wicked people who are behind what is going on are going to be in the hottest part of hell for this. They are complicit in robbing these people of their land, starting wars, running both sides, driving them out of their lands (by creating wars) and so on... I saw a picture of a five yr. old Syrian boy sitting in an ambulance seat covered with blood and he looked like he is in shock. This is all coming from very powerful NON MUSLIM people who are inciting violence /rage and are financing & creating groups like ISIS / arming them / in order to kill off their own people. It's totally wicked. Totally wicked. The Club of Rome (just one more arm of the Vatican) and other branches of this evil Roman tree have spread out like a bay tree covering the whole earth and look at the fruit of it - pure evil.

This is a bit of a spin off from another thread - the condition of refugees and migrants in detention centers. What's been happening on Nauru has only recently come to light, but mirrors conditions in other terribly overcrowded refugee centers.

There is reason international law mandates that children not be imprisoned or detained with adults and that men and women are housed seperately. Overcrowding, insufficient resources, no known future - all of that can lead to severe problems and abuse on the most vulnerable, in this case children and women.

One article I read talked about human trafficking occuring in some of these camps, where young girls and women are "married" by UAE/Kuwaiti men looking for sex, and then dumped when they become pregnant. These camps jam migrants and refugees from dozens of nationalities and cultures and backgrounds together and too few people overseeing it.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/11/world/australia/nauru-asylum-seeker-refugee-abuse.html
Leaked documents published Wednesday reveal extensive details about the harsh conditions faced by asylum seekers who have tried to reach Australia by boat and are being held on the remote Pacific island of Nauru.

More than 2,000 incident reports, written by detention-center staff members and published by The Guardian, describe episodes of violence, including sexual assault, and self-harm. Most of the cases involved children, the newspaper said, although children made up just 18 percent of the people in detention at the time of the reports. The files extend from May 2013 to October 2015.

While the difficult conditions in the island nation have long been known, the documentation will give new evidence to opponents of Australia’s policies toward asylum seekers.

Under those policies, migrants who try to reach Australia by boat without a valid visa are held offshore in Nauru and Papua New Guinea. Even if given refugee status, they are prevented from resettling in Australia.

The Australian authorities say such tough measures are necessary to discourage attempts to make the risky voyages by sea, which have sometimes ended in mass drownings. The number of attempted boat arrivals has declined sharply since the Labor Party government of Julia Gillard revived a program of offshore detentions in 2012, and the policy is maintained today under Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull of the conservative Liberal Party.

Among the episodes outlined in the documents are multiple cases of people cutting themselves; security officers propositioning and harassing female detainees; and one instance of an officer putting his hand into a boy’s shorts during a car ride. According to that report, the boy’s father, who was also in the car, pulled the boy away but did not say anything to either of the two Nauruan officers present for fear of their reaction.
One more thing - the UN decides which international laws are observed and when - and that is Rome's decision because they have their own people at the highest echelons inside the UN. This is why the UN stood down in Rwanda. This is why they are putting children in these camps. This isn't happening without the UN's total approval.

They talk out of both sides of their mouth to make sure they appease both sides while they systematically destroy everything from behind the scenes. Who created the UN? The men who were agents of Rome. This is the Vatican's NWO program and their agenda is to kick off the mother of all inquisitions - take Jerusalem - and fulfill anti-Christ prophecy in Holy Bible.

________
Too bad the Arabs, Iranians, Egyptian, Lebanese, Syrians, Turks, etc do not realize that this is all a plot to remove them from their own lands in order to take it from them. The "refugees" should all move back to their own lands, rebuild, and tell the UN, World Bank, NATO and the rest to get out.

Last edited:
The Nauru files: cache of 2,000 leaked reports reveal scale of abuse of children in Australian offshore detention

The Guardian’s analysis of the files reveal that children are vastly over-represented in the reports. More than half of the 2,116 reports – a total of 1,086 incidents, or 51.3% – involve children, although children made up only about 18% of those in detention on Nauru during the time covered by the reports, May 2013 to October 2015. The findings come just weeks after the brutal treatment of young people in juvenile detention in the Northern Territory was exposed, leading to the Australian prime minister, Malcolm Turnbull, announcing a wide-ranging public inquiry.

The reports range from a guard allegedly grabbing a boy and threatening to kill him once he is living in the community to guards allegedly slapping children in the face. In September 2014 a teacher reported that a young classroom helper had requested a four-minute shower instead of a two-minute shower. “Her request has been accepted on condition of sexual favours. It is a male security person. She did not state if this has or hasn’t occurred. The security officer wants to view a boy or girl having a shower.”

Some reports contain distressing examples of behaviour by traumatised children. According to a report from September 2014, a girl had sewn her lips together. A guard saw her and began laughing at her. In July that year a child under the age of 10 undressed and invited a group of adults to insert their fingers into her vagina; in February 2015 a young girl gestured to her vagina and said a male asylum seeker “cut her from under”.

In the files there are seven reports of sexual assault of children, 59 reports of assault on children, 30 of self-harm involving children and 159 of threatened self-harm involving children.

Refugees have no complaint. They wanted to be refugees. This is what they get.

Has it ever occurred to you that the Islam you defend so mindlessly is the very reason there are refugees to begin with? Islam does not tolerate Christians, ergo, refugees.

I agree and I don't blame Australia for their tough stance on Muslim refugees.

The Aussie Govt. has obviously been watching whats going on in Europe and don't want the same for their country.

Good for them and I couldn't give two shits for the fate of refugee's. Let all go back to whatever shithole they crawled out of.

Has it ever occurred to you that the Islam you defend so mindlessly is the very reason there are refugees to begin with? Islam does not tolerate Christians, ergo, refugees.

Migrants are coming from a variety of areas, and the reasons they are fleeing vary from economic hardship, civil war, political unrest, persecution etc. Not sure why you feel the need to make it about Islam particularly since there is no evidence the majority of these migrants are Christians fleeing Islamic persecution.

Where do Australia’s asylum seekers come from?

The majority of the applications for asylum come from (top ten):

China
Afghanistan
India
Iran
Sri Lanka
Iraq
Pakistan
Indonesia
Fiji
Malaysia

The Aussie Govt. has obviously been watching whats going on in Europe and don't want the same for their country.

Good for them and I couldn't give two shits for the fate of refugee's. Let all go back to whatever shithole they crawled out of.

So, you think it's just fine that children are getting abused and raped? Simply wow.

So, you think it's just fine that children are getting abused and raped? Simply wow.

These people aren't my problem and I'm not going to make them my problem.

They should all go back to where they came from and let the Arab League take care of them.

They should all go back to where they came from and let the Arab League take care of them.

Why should the Arab League take care of? Most aren't even Arab.

China
Afghanistan
India
Iran
Sri Lanka
Iraq
Pakistan
Indonesia
Fiji
Malaysia

There is a difference between not caring and abuse being fine. Send the children home. Now we care. See how easy that was.

Not caring: ...The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing...

Why should the Arab League take care of? Most aren't even Arab.

China
Afghanistan
India
Iran
Sri Lanka
Iraq
Pakistan
Indonesia
Fiji
Malaysia

The Arab League is in based in the ME seems to me they would be more than happy to help out their fellow middle easterners

Migrants are coming from a variety of areas, and the reasons they are fleeing vary from economic hardship, civil war, political unrest, persecution etc. Not sure why you feel the need to make it about Islam particularly since there is no evidence the majority of these migrants are Christians fleeing Islamic persecution.

China
Afghanistan
India
Iran
Sri Lanka
Iraq
Pakistan
Indonesia
Fiji
Malaysia
You still don't get it. Nobody flees from Christian nations because of their religion. Or Hindu. Or Buddhist. Only Islam makes people fear for their lives for not being Muslim or being the wrong kind of Muslim. It's an evil religion and you keep defending it.

China
Afghanistan
India
Iran
Sri Lanka
Iraq
Pakistan
Indonesia
Fiji
Malaysia
You still don't get it. Nobody flees from Christian nations because of their religion. Or Hindu. Or Buddhist. Only Islam makes people fear for their lives for not being Muslim or being the wrong kind of Muslim. It's an evil religion and you keep defending it.

Yup and he keeps thinking everyone should care and make their problems, our problems.

Forum List

Back