🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Exposing the Myths of Katrina

spillmind said:
listen fu¢kface (in your response to your moronic insult), post the link where the governor asked for aid (THE EXACT TIME), and then post the link when the feds actually got there (THE EXACT TIME). plot out this timeline you all are so adamantly defending. i know what reality is, this should be an excerise for your own enlightenment. i've done my work, now do yours. i tire of this roundabout bullsh!t defending an obvious failure. compare it to the ivan response. the onus is on you.

He didn't insult you in that post. He merely quoted the law. Deal with the fact rather than insulting your opponent.

The fact is the President offered the aid to the Governor and the Governor said she needed 24 hours. She herself has verified that time table. She said the plan was "overly complicated" and that she needed 24 hours to figure out what it was about.

• Thanks
Reactions: dmp
spillmind said:
listen fu¢kface (in your response to your moronic insult), post the link where the governor asked for aid (THE EXACT TIME), and then post the link when the feds actually got there (THE EXACT TIME). plot out this timeline you all are so adamantly defending. i know what reality is, this should be an excerise for your own enlightenment. i've done my work, now do yours. i tire of this roundabout bullsh!t defending an obvious failure. compare it to the ivan response. the onus is on you.

go eat your spermatozoa soup, monkeynut.

spillmind said:
compare it to the ivan response

Ivan didn't flood 85% of the 35th most populous city in the country.

There is no useful comparison. Compared to Katrina, our hurricanes last year were completely forgettable, and will be forgotten. Four hurricanes hit Florida last year? Who cares? We are so far beyond that here.

spillmind said:
when your defense breaks down to an obvious fault, revert to condensending posts about some psych bullsh!t, for which i doubt you have any accreditation on. however, i expect nothing less.

Umm, spilly, there were several posts, with lots of facts, and links to even more facts. To all of that your only response was:

you people are in utter denial

When my defense breaks down?

You didn't even try my defense. You saw it forty miles off, made a U-turn, and pressed down the accelerator.

spillmind said:
glad to see ignorance is alive and well

I'm not. Your posts irritate me, both because I'm sick of reading your shit, and because I feel compelled to respond to it lest some poor random person accidentally stumble upon it and become infected by it.

spillmind said:
i'm done with this thread

Goodbye.

• Thanks
Reactions: dmp
Zhukov said:
Ivan didn't flood 85% of the 35th most populous city in the country.

There is no useful comparison. Compared to Katrina, our hurricanes last year were completely forgettable, and will be forgotten. Four hurricanes hit Florida last year? Who cares? We are so far beyond that here.

this is it. i can't let this bullsh!t hang out there. apologists in full swing is disgusting and despicable. you people should be ashamed of yourselves!

THE POINT IS THEY HAD THEIR SH!T READY FOR IVAN. i don't really care if you are so ignorant that you don't consider this a comparison.

let's see worst case scenario. WHAT DAY DID THE GOVERNOR INFORM BUSH

http://gov.louisiana.gov/Disaster Relief Request.pdf

WHAT DAY DID HELP ACTUALLY ARRIVE

http://www.smh.com.au/news/world/relief-at-last-as-troops-arrive/2005/09/03/1125302774488.html

SHEESUS CHRIST PEOPLE TAKE SOME GODDAMNED RESPONSIBILITY ALREADY

spillmind said:
this is it. i can't let this bullsh!t hang out there. apologists in full swing is disgusting and despicable. you people should be ashamed of yourselves!

THE POINT IS THEY HAD THEIR SH!T READY FOR IVAN. i don't really care if you are so ignorant that you don't consider this a comparison.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/world/relief-at-last-as-troops-arrive/2005/09/03/1125302774488.html

spillmind said:
i'm done with this thread.

Thanks bro - we secretly had a pool going on how long before you replied. The over under was 6.

I won $10! :)

-=d=- said:
Thanks bro - we secretly had a pool going on how long before you replied. The over under was 6.

Yeah....and if he waited just a little longer, I would have won.

The guy is a fool, ignorant, and has no patience.

Not to mention, doesn't understand what "I'm done with this thread" means.

-=d=- said:

it was worth it to lay things out so simply and plainly that even you trolls could understand it.

spillmind said:
it was worth it to lay things out so simply and plainly that even you trolls could understand it.

Oooooooooh....clever come back.

I am curious. Where did you get the PDF of that request letter. I would like to see the website.

US authorities had said they would have 22,000 troops on the ground in Louisiana by the end of yesterday. But Louisiana's Governor, Kathleen Blanco, said she told Bush earlier this week she needed 40,000.

How many more have arrived since the 3rd (aside from the 7000)? It's a real shame the city emergency staff couldn't keep a handle on things, but those looters sound like maniacs.

Highlights as of 1 p.m., Sept. 6, 2005, of the federal rescue effort in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, according to information released by the Department of Homeland Security.

Rescues performed 32,000

Shelters 559

People housed in shelters 182,000

FEMA responders 7,000

U.S. Coast Guard personnel 4,000

National Guard personnel 43,000

Active Duty Military 15,000

MREs provided (meals) 11.3 million

Water provided (liters) 18 million
--

I can hear it now...only 69,000 personnel involved?

Only 11 million meals? 18 million liters of water?

What is the Government doing to help?

spillmind said:
dude, you *still* don't get it. your defense is :bsflag:

as for the site, http://gov.louisiana.gov/

BTW, FEMA was there before the hurricane hit.

Michael D. Brown, FEMA's director, offered an emphatic defense of the federal response, saying that his agency prepared for the storm but that the widespread, unexpected flooding kept rescuers out of the city. He urged the nation to "take a collective deep breath" and recognize that federal officials are doing all they can to save people.

Brown said personnel, equipment, supplies, trucks, and search and rescue teams were positioned in the region ahead of the hurricane. "What the American people need to understand is that the full force of the federal government is bringing all of those supplies in in an unprecedented effort that has not been seen even in the tsunami region," he said. "I was in the tsunami region, and this response is incredibly more efficient, more effective and under the most difficult circumstances."

Local officials in Louisiana said the scope of a double whammy -- a Category 4 hurricane coupled with a large breach of a levee -- simply overwhelmed them.

"There is never a contingency plan for something like this," said Johnny B. Bradberry, secretary of the Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/09/01/AR2005090102428_2.html

spillmind said:

Hey Spilly, can you tell me where to find that first link..I've looked all over the site and can't find any ''pdf' stuff.

Thanks

Mr. P said:
Hey Spilly, can you tell me where to find that first link..I've looked all over the site and can't find any ''pdf' stuff.

Thanks

It's dead center.

Louisiana Request for Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance

Click here to download Governor Blanco’s letter to President Bush requesting Federal assistance due to Hurricane Katrina.

GotZoom said:
It's dead center.

Louisiana Request for Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance

Click here to download Governor Blanco’s letter to President Bush requesting Federal assistance due to Hurricane Katrina.
Got it, thanks...zoomy.

http://hughhewitt.com/archives/2005/09/04-week/index.php#a000200

The Washington Post's Terry Neal Raises the Level of Debate

Apparently aware that the public isn't buying the "blame Bush" movement, the Washington Post's Terry Neal ups the ante by attacking the Secretary of State, whom we all know to be at the center of domestic natural disaster response:

Why was Condoleezza Rice, the administration's highest ranking black official, grinning and guffawing at the Broadway show "Spamalot" and shopping for expensive shoes at Salvatore Ferragamo on Fifth Avenue days after the hurricane ravaged the Gulf Coast and left tens of thousands of poor black folks hungry, desperate and dying?

The better question than "Why was Secretary Rice shopping?" is "Wouldn't we have been better off if Governor Blanco had been?"

Neal gets to the central point ten paragraphs in:

Local and state officials, you can't escape scrutiny: Why didn't you do a better job preparing for the process of evacuating people, given that this sort of disaster has been predicted for decades, and at least one previous study has shown that as many as a third of the residents of New Orleans would be reluctant to evacuate? Did you do everything in your power to prepare the police department, state law enforcements and other emergency services for this disastrous event?

It is possible that Neal doesn't know basic American government. It is obvious quite a few folks don't. Brendon Loy, who has done an amazing job posting this week, brought a 2L's passion to his denunciation of various federal officials, but if he was a student in my ConLaw class, I'd ask him, and allother commentators the following questions:

What is the "police power?"

Where does it reside?

Is there a federal "police power?"

Can the federal government order the evacuation of a city when state and local officials have not done so?

Who has first call on a state's national guard?

Who controls a city's police department?

Can a federal official order a police department to deploy in strength to specific points within a city such as the Supredome or the Convention Center?

Can a federal official commandeer a city's supply of school busses, city busses, and city personnel?

For starters, the police power resides in the states. There is no general federal police power. It is the power to take care of a citizenry's health, safety and morals. It was described by Chief Justice Taney in the Licensee Cases this way:

But what are the police powers of a State? They are nothing more or less than the powers of government inherent in every sovereignty to the extent of its dominion. And whether a state passes a quarantine law, as a law to punish offenses, as to establish courts of justice, or requiring certain instruments to be recorded, as to regulate commerce within its own limits, in every case it exercises the same power; that is to say, the power of sovereignty, the power to govern men and things within the limits of its dominion.

"To the extent of its dominion," is the key phrase. For the federal government to act in the face of a natural disaster, it's help must be requested and its guidance accepted by the state and local officials.

"“States are accorded wide latitude in the regulation of their local economies under their police powers," the Supreme Court wrote in the 1976 case of New Orleans v. Dukes, and that wide latitude extends to every aspect of disaster planning (or non-planning.)

Every effort to blame Bush (or laughably Secretary Rice) is simply demagoguery, and whether born of ignorance or malice, injures the very people it purports to be offered on behalf of. My mail box is full of angry denuciations of the agenda journalism of Bush opponents dressed up as journalists --like Neal-- who are swearing off assistance in this disater because of their anger of its twisting by amoral partisans seeking to score points off a natural disaster combined with towering incompetence of state and local officials.

That refusal to help is just as wrong as the agenda journalism of the MSM lefties and the posturing pols. The scale of the storm ought to have blown away all attempts at assigning culpability, but as the left shows no sign of recognizing what most of America has already figured out, then answers to their fake questions asked through crocodile tears should be given.

Where were you on Sunday and Monday and Tuesday, Terry Neal? Given your blasting of everyone involved, I suspect you were with the Coast Guard helos, or the Red Cross tent gang. Please let us know so we can have a moral giant to guide us in the future.

spillmind said:
spare me your tired platitudes. everyone in america is sick of you people and the chimp.

here's a little reality check for you:

-President Bush said Tuesday he will oversee an investigation into what went wrong and why — in part to be sure the country could withstand more storms or attack.

THIS WILL ALLOW HIM AND HIS SUPPORTERS TO SAY AN INVESTIGATION IS ONGOING WE CAN'T TALK ABOUT IT. WITH CONTROL OF THIS INVESTIGATION A REAL ONE BLAMING BUSH AND LACK OF LEADERSHIP WILL NEVER COME OUT BECAUSE REPUBLICANS WILL NOT VOTE TO HOLD A REAL UNBIASED INVESTIGATION.

-Bush also announced he is sending Vice President Dick Cheney to the Gulf Coast region on Thursday to help determine whether the government is doing all that it can.

OF COURSE DICK CHENEY WILL MAKE SURE THAT THE LOCALS CAN NOT HELP WITH THE REBUILDING BECAUSE HE WILL MAKE SURE HALLIBUTON GETS ALL NO BID CONTRACTS FOR RECONSTRUCTION INFLATED IN PRICE AND PAID FOR BY ALL AMERICANS.

-"What I intend to do is lead an investigation to find out what went right and what went wrong," Bush said. "We still live in an unsettled world. We want to make sure we can respond properly if there is a WMD (weapons of mass destruction) attack or another major storm."

BUSH MIGHT WANT TO BUT HE NEVER HAS BEEN ABLE TO PROTECT AMERICA. HE LACKS LEADERSHIP ABILITY. IF WE ARE ATTACKED IN THE FUTURE SAME OLD THING WILL HAPPEN MAYBE EVEN WORSE RESPONSE. UNLESS IT HAPPENS IN FLORIDA OR OHIO THE REST OF US WILL BE SCREWED FOR AT LEAST A WEEK OR SO BEFORE RESPONSE.

-But Bush said now is not the time to point fingers and he did not respond to calls for a commission to investigate the response.

BUSH SUPPORTED BY THE VAST MAJORITY OF REPUBLICANS AND NONE OF THE DEMS WILL NEVER EVER ALLOW FINGERS TO BE POINTED AT HIM. BUSH THINKS HE NEVER MADE OR MAKES MISTAKES. HE MIGHT HAVE THE HEAD OF FEMA RESIGN AND THEN GIVE HIM THE MEDAL OF FREEDOM FOR HIS GREAT SERVICE TO THE COUNTRY.

-Bush was devoting most of his day to the recovery effort. After the Cabinet meeting, he was gathering with the congressional leaders, representatives of charitable organizations and with Education Secretary Margaret Spellings to talk about assistance for displaced students and closed schools.

BUSH WILL TALK AND TALK COME UP WITH A PLAN WHICH WHEN PUT TO TASK WE WILL FIND OUT IT SHOULD BE CALLED (ALL BLACK CHILDREN SHOULD BE LEFT BEHIND)

-There has been heavy criticism of the government's response to the hurricane, and city and state officials, Republicans and Democrats have assailed the Federal Emergency Management Agency led by Michael Brown. Bush, during an inspection tour of the devastated region last Friday, praised Brown, telling him, "Brownie, you're doing a heck of a job."

DOING A HECK OF A JOB SHOWS MOST REPUBLICANS FEEL NO ONE SHOULD BE BLAMED EXCEPT FOR THE PEOPLE WHO SPEAK OUT (DEMS AND PEOPLE OF HEART) ABOUT HOW TERRIBLE THE SLOW RESPONSE WAS. THEY WILL EXPECT EVERYONE TO FORGET HOW TERRIBLE THE SLOW RESPONSE WAS AND JUST FOCUS ON WHAT RESPONSE WAS AFTER BUSH WAS SHAMED INTO DOING SOMETHING. THE PEOPLE WHO RESPONDED THE FIRST DAY OR TODAY ARE DOING A GREAT JOB BUT MOST WERE DELAYED BY FEMA OR NOT HELPED UNTIL ALMOST A WEEK PASSED.
WE DO NOT THINK THE HEAD THE FEMA DID A GREAT JOB HE SHOULD BE TARRED AND FEATHERED AND THROWN OUT OF OFFICE.

BOTTOM LINE GEORGE BUSH IS NOT A LEADER WILL NOT PROTECT US AND WILL JUST KEEP KILLING AMERICANS AT HOME AND IN OTHER COUNTRIES.

A REAL INVESTIGATION WITH REPUBLICAN AND DEMS SUPPORTING FINDING OUT THE TRUTH WILL LEAD TO GEORGE BUSH AND COMPANY FINDING IMPEACHMENT IN THEIR FUTURES. SAD FACT IS MOST REPUBLICANS WILL STILL SUPPORT THE PARTY . BUSH AND HIS REPUBLICANS WILL CONTINUE TO DRAG AMERICA DOWN. WITH THE EXCEPTION OF SUPPORTING THE RICH AND CORPORATIONS VIA TAX BREAKS AND OTHER REWARDS.

TIME FOR A TRUE INVESTIGATION AND TO FIND NEW LEADERSHIP..

Forum Troll Form. Please check all that apply.

Dear Troll Candidate,

Thank you for your troll. Your troll has been evaluated by our panel of experts. Here are the results of our tests.

We found that your troll was...
[ ] Incomprehensible
[ ] Offensive
[x] Just plain stupid
[x] Without merit
[ ] Grammatically incorrect
[ ] Laced with spelling and punctuation errors
[x] Laden with circular reasoning
[x] Laced with misunderstandings of basic scientific principles
[x] Somewhat too revealing of your minimal mental abilities
[x] Too similar to other trolls submitted by candidates in the past.

You could improve your troll considerably by...
[ ] Including a few actual facts.
[ ] Taking remedial English lessons
[ ] Mentioning the E-10 more.
[ ] Mentioning Memory Sticks more.
[ ] Mentioning that you are a professional.
[x] Stating more falsehoods as facts than you already have.
[x] Swearing more.
[x] Including more colorful personal insults.
[x] Using the phrases "you people" or "those people" more.
[x] Modifying your insults to cover larger groups of people at once.
[ ] Ranting incoherently.
[ ] Using religious or racial slurs.
[x] Using the words "junk", "crap", "garbage", "toy", "flimsy" and "Professional" more frequently.
[x] Using childish taunts.
[x] Including fake laughter such as "ha ha ha" or "har de har de har".
[ ] Focusing on just one outrageous topic will give your troll more punch.
[ ] Ignoring any facts, and using more absolutes in your troll.
[ ] Using all capital letters.
[x] Focusing more on those areas in which "your" opinion is better than "their" opinion.
[x] Exaggerate more, you need not be limited by facts. Examples: Say that you only used the camera for 10 seconds. Say that it was garbage. Say that the viewfinder was invisible. Say that the grip was unholdable. Say that the shutter was unpressable. Say that the colors were all wrong. Say that you could tell it was garbage by just looking at it. Say that the controls are all in the wrong places. Say that the camera color is wrong. Say that it is too heavy or light or too much or too little plastic or say that it was made by Sanyo or even elves; it dosen't matter what you say. Just say anything that pops into your head, you can do it. Think stream of consciousness.

Please get a...
[x] life
[x] grip
[ ] job
[x] clue
[ ] book on basic politics
[ ] note from your mom

You should...
[ ] Have someone who can read review your postings.
[ ] Save your postings out and think later if you really want to send them.
[x] Take your meds.
[ ] Not have "one for the road" next time.
[x] Stay in school.
[x] Go and think whatever you want, we don't care.
[ ] Think about other people's feelings before you post.
[x] Get your ego boost some other way.
[ ] Realize that by trolling a group you hurt everyone, not just the people you are mad at.
[x] Go away so we can talk about real issues.
[ ] Put up a web site with your great insights on it to show the world.
[ ] Take down your web site, your English is horrible.

Suggested other activities besides trolling.
[x] Posting something constructive.
[ ] Doing actual thinking.
[x] Helping someone else.
[x] Spending some time with your family instead of your computer.
[ ] Working off that big pot belly.
[x] Get your ego boost instead by helping out at a local hospital.
[ ] Consider another hobby that does not require contact with other humans such as wood burning, breeding flowers, painting or mortuary science.

Thanks for your submission.

You have [x] passed [ ] passed with honors [ ] failed.

Hobbit said:
Forum Troll Form. Please check all that apply.

Dear Troll Candidate,

Thank you for your troll. Your troll has been evaluated by our panel of experts. Here are the results of our tests.

We found that your troll was...
[ ] Incomprehensible
[ ] Offensive
[x] Just plain stupid
[x] Without merit
[ ] Grammatically incorrect
[ ] Laced with spelling and punctuation errors
[x] Laden with circular reasoning
[x] Laced with misunderstandings of basic scientific principles
[x] Somewhat too revealing of your minimal mental abilities
[x] Too similar to other trolls submitted by candidates in the past.

You could improve your troll considerably by...
[ ] Including a few actual facts.
[ ] Taking remedial English lessons
[ ] Mentioning the E-10 more.
[ ] Mentioning Memory Sticks more.
[ ] Mentioning that you are a professional.
[x] Stating more falsehoods as facts than you already have.
[x] Swearing more.
[x] Including more colorful personal insults.
[x] Using the phrases "you people" or "those people" more.
[x] Modifying your insults to cover larger groups of people at once.
[ ] Ranting incoherently.
[ ] Using religious or racial slurs.
[x] Using the words "junk", "crap", "garbage", "toy", "flimsy" and "Professional" more frequently.
[x] Using childish taunts.
[x] Including fake laughter such as "ha ha ha" or "har de har de har".
[ ] Focusing on just one outrageous topic will give your troll more punch.
[ ] Ignoring any facts, and using more absolutes in your troll.
[ ] Using all capital letters.
[x] Focusing more on those areas in which "your" opinion is better than "their" opinion.
[x] Exaggerate more, you need not be limited by facts. Examples: Say that you only used the camera for 10 seconds. Say that it was garbage. Say that the viewfinder was invisible. Say that the grip was unholdable. Say that the shutter was unpressable. Say that the colors were all wrong. Say that you could tell it was garbage by just looking at it. Say that the controls are all in the wrong places. Say that the camera color is wrong. Say that it is too heavy or light or too much or too little plastic or say that it was made by Sanyo or even elves; it dosen't matter what you say. Just say anything that pops into your head, you can do it. Think stream of consciousness.

Please get a...
[x] life
[x] grip
[ ] job
[x] clue
[ ] book on basic politics
[ ] note from your mom

You should...
[ ] Have someone who can read review your postings.
[ ] Save your postings out and think later if you really want to send them.
[x] Take your meds.
[ ] Not have "one for the road" next time.
[x] Stay in school.
[x] Go and think whatever you want, we don't care.
[ ] Think about other people's feelings before you post.
[x] Get your ego boost some other way.
[ ] Realize that by trolling a group you hurt everyone, not just the people you are mad at.
[x] Go away so we can talk about real issues.
[ ] Put up a web site with your great insights on it to show the world.
[ ] Take down your web site, your English is horrible.

Suggested other activities besides trolling.
[x] Posting something constructive.
[ ] Doing actual thinking.
[x] Helping someone else.
[x] Spending some time with your family instead of your computer.
[ ] Working off that big pot belly.
[x] Get your ego boost instead by helping out at a local hospital.
[ ] Consider another hobby that does not require contact with other humans such as wood burning, breeding flowers, painting or mortuary science.

Thanks for your submission.

You have [x] passed [ ] passed with honors [ ] failed.

Bravo! Excellent!

Forum List

Back