Facebook Post Ignites Firestorm=> MILITARY GRAVESTONES Used to Build Patio in Southern Missouri

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
Family history has it that my great grandfathers headstone was stolen by a group of men wth a business of supplying granite slabs to pave walks and drives in NY

My understanding is e confiscated them from the land fill. They are markers with errors on them and were to be destroyed, but before the company closed down they sent them to the land fill.

Sad, he didn't see the absolute disregard and dishonor his using them had for the lives of those that sacrificed for us.

It's a rock, people....

Unless he stole them from a cemetery who gives a fuck?

maybe your relatives names in there. so who gives a flying fuck

I wouldn't give a flying fuck because...... it's a rock.

If it was stolen from their grave, then yes, I would be angry about the crime and having to replace it, but according to the article, these were allegedly legally discarded stones that weren't used.

It's a rock, people....

Unless he stole them from a cemetery who gives a fuck?

maybe your relatives names in there. so who gives a flying fuck

I wouldn't give a flying fuck because...... it's a rock.

If it was stolen from their grave, then yes, I would be angry about the crime and having to replace it, but according to the article, these were allegedly legally discarded stones that weren't used.

yeah ok, evidently it DID bother some. so you can let it go now

No one cares about our ancestors anymore. They are surely not proud of today's America. And it will be only worse. We need to protect our heritage, not to destroy it because it's the only thing we have.

I agree. Theft from or desecration of a cemetery is just... wrong. On many levels.
The person in the OP's story could have saved himself a lot of scrutiny and negative attention if he had just placed them all face down.

yea and my father is obviously dead....after korea and two tours of vietnam....and guess what i expect his gravestone to be left alone....and yea he should have turned the stones over....not shown the names...

Forum List

Back