Facing dire recruiting realities, Navy raises max enlistment age to 41

The libs have opened up the military to sexual deviants.

A lot of young ladies in America don't want men in their barracks and showers. A lof of young men don't want to worry about dropping the soap- the military isn't supposed to be like the penitentiary.
What makes you think people in the military take showers together after recruit training? I never did and I was in from the 70s to the 90s.

What makes you think people in the military take showers together after recruit training? I never did and I was in from the 70s to the 90s.
Now that is pure ignorance. Arrogance as well, to presume nobodies military service was different than yours.

Platoons in tbe USMC had to shower together, at least until 1986 at Camp San Mateo.

You are a prick

You must of been something special, for in Technical School, after recruit training, the showers were still open bays, and even in Davis Monthan AFB, there were 6 showers per floor none of what had either doors or curtains. You just had to man up and shower, just like you did in high school, or are you too old to remember those days?

1668213040714.png

Now that is pure ignorance. Arrogance as well, to presume nobodies military service was different than yours.

Platoons in tbe USMC had to shower together, at least until 1986 at Camp San Mateo.

You are a prick
That was 36 years ago! Got any insight into this century perhaps?

I was in the Navy, enlisted and officer, as was my brother. My youngest daughter is an Army officer. My son was in the Army. My daughter-in-law was in the Army. My son-in-law went to Air Force boot camp and schools with the Air National Guard. I think I have a pretty good feel on the topic.

Last edited:
I was in the Navy, enlisted and officer, as was my brother. My youngest daughter is an Army officer. My son was in the Army. My daughter-in-law was in the Army. My son-in-law went to Air Force boot camp and schools with the Air National Guard. I think I have a pretty good feel on the topic.
I was in the Navy, enlisted and officer,

That is why he didnt have to shower like the rest of the enlisted did.

That is Rockwell on the right.

1668216003683.png

True. Also, cheap housing, slightly better schooling,

Not really.

Most live out in town, and not on base. Even more so as over the last 3 decades they have reduced the amount of housing available on most bases, and it is now handled by outside companies.

I actually knew very few that lived in base housing unless it was overseas.

Facing dire recruiting realities, Navy raises max enlistment age to 41

The Navy raised its maximum enlistment age to 41 on Friday for sailors joining the fleet, a nod to the current recruiting struggles plaguing the entire U.S. military.

Before last week’s policy change, the age cutoff for enlisted sailors was 39, with recruits needing to report to boot camp by their 40th birthday.

Under the change, 41-year-olds must report to recruit training by their 42nd birthday and cannot have previously served in the military.

Damn, gong in when most enlisted of that age are retiring.
The military does well with high unemployment..
Which isn't the case right now.

That was 36 years ago! Got any insight into this century perhaps?

I guess, that's quite a military family right there. As far the topic goes, I wonder if the age of enlistment being this high is possibly restricted to certain professions, I'm guessing with all the high tech equipment out there, they Navy is finding it very difficult to recruit those folks who have the technical ability to man complex radar and weapons systems.

Did you ever read the after action on this? I strongly recommend this be read. Let's just say there were some glaring issues with lack of training and experience that preceded this collision. Officers got sacked and sailors died.

And this.

Forum List

Back