First woman to try to become a navy SEAL rings the bell after the first week....

Well, mainly is you talk shit most of the time and get the most basic facts wrong.

For example, you just said "teams in Norfolk". There are no teams in Norfolk. :D

Also, WTF would a SEAL be doing in Newport? Vacationing?

Do a few missions with them and then we will talk!

Don't be obtuse. You know as well as I do that there are several bases in the Norfolk area, all the way from NOB and NAS Norfolk, to NAS Oceana, NAB Little Creek, etc. When I say "Norfolk", I mean the entire Tidewater area in general. As far as what would a SEAL be doing in Newport? Ever heard of shore duty, or did you also forget that the Naval War College is located in Newport RI?

So I guess I was stationed at Little Creek because I was stationed at NOB, and Dam Neck, plus I played golf at NAS Oceana, and my ship was in overhaul at Portsouth Naval Shipyard!

I was stationed in Newport three times in my career and never saw a SEAL.

I think you need to get a lesson in broad brushing! Oh, wait, as a PN you never met a paint brush either!

Just because YOU say you were stationed at Newport 3 times and never saw a SEAL doesn't mean they were not on base. By the way, if you were at Newport, that means you were there for shore duty, and how did you manage to get 3 separate shore tours at Newport? What was your rating? How long was your tour there when you were stationed there? Were you there between 1994 and 1997, because that is when I was there. You probably worked in some office where you rarely saw anyone outside of your workspace. Me? I worked at the Personnel Support Division, and I saw EVERYONE on that base who needed to see their service record, or who had to sign their advancement work sheet, or anyone who got married or needed things put in their service record. Just because you never did, doesn't mean I didn't. And yeah, I call the whole Tidewater area "Norfolk" as a matter of convenience. If I have to be specific, I can be.

I didn't have a rating except for my first time in Newport when I was an ET, which was for four days, and that was on a ship.

Apparently you don't know much about the Navy. You have proved that you stayed in your little hole and shuffled your paperwork like a good little minion. Let's just leave it at that.

Most times you sound like you're full of shit as well dude. Tell ya what, I won't respond to you and you don't respond to me, because you don't have anything useful to say to me, and it's getting tedious trying to talk to you.

OK, I will stop commenting as soon as you stop talking out of your ass. My comments are there to prove that you don't have a clue as to what you are talking about. What is getting tedious is you claiming shit that is easily proven wrong because you were never party to any of that information in the Navy. Fix that problem and we will be fine!

What people don't seem to realize, is the female wannabee SEAL dropped after 1 week of a 3 week preparatory course for personal wanting to attend the basic BUD/S training.

So in essence it's all media hype. Because she never was a participant in BUD/S. ..... :cool:

Hey Sunni.................think you would have made it as long as she did? I don't think you would have.

Matter of fact, I don't think that 95 percent of the people on this board, including me, could have lasted as long as she did.

And I've always been female....don't know where you get that "male" stuff.

Don't play so coy: You referred to your wife, which explains your political views and hostility to males in general. Typical of people who know they have been promoted for their personal characteristics rather than merit.
Yes...I did refer to my wife. And your point is? Because I have a wife I'm hostile to males? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

No, but it does mean that perhaps you are politically PW'ed. :D
Isn't that my point...that I am politically a liberal...something you said wasn't possible for a Naval Officer? :rofl:

Ah...now that's interesting.....you believing that all Naval Officers are con-servatives. binary thinking is your thing, eh? Life is much simpler that way, isn't it. :lol: A lot of us are liberal.....particularly women officers of my time considering the changes we worked to create and push back from the "good ole' boy" system.

All evidence that I have supports my theory. The only liberals I ever knew in the military did not have the testicular fortitude to be successful and we usually weeded out before they could hurt anyone.

BTW, do you and your spouse both use this account because if not I am confused as how whoever is posting seems to be very gender fluid. First you are male, and then in the next post you are female. Or do both genders occupy one body? Which is it?
"All evidence I have".....ok, provide all that evidence.

OK, that's fair. I'll just wait to let you show your ass when your husband uses your account without your permission. :D
I don't have a husband...I have a wife. You confused easily?

Don't worry! We'll catch you being gender fluid soon enough. Maybe you should change your password in case your wife is impersonating you.
Interesting that you seem to be triggered so easily. So...why does my having a wife scare you so?

Hey Sunni.................think you would have made it as long as she did? I don't think you would have.

Matter of fact, I don't think that 95 percent of the people on this board, including me, could have lasted as long as she did.
Back when I was 20 years old.....no problem. I was an athlete with great endurance.

But when it came to the setting in the freezing water hypothermia part of the BUD/S course. I'd last about 30 minutes before ringing that bell like it was dinner time at the Ponderosa ranch and I hadn't eaten for days.

Heck, I can't even stand to take cold showers. ..... :cool:

Back when I was 20 years old.....no problem. I was an athlete with great endurance.

But when it came to the setting in the freezing water hypothermia part of the BUD/S course. I'd last about 30 minutes before ringing that bell like it was dinner time at the Ponderosa ranch and I hadn't eaten for days.

Then you see the problem. Physical conditioning isn't really the issue, because you have to pass a PT that says you can handle the training in your application. The main reason SEAL training is so difficult is because they push you to extremes not only physically, but mentally as well. Hell, I was in good enough shape in my late 20's/early 30's when I was a PRT coordinator and was racing bicycles. Scored 296 or better out of a total of 300 on the PRT, and was riding 50 to 100 miles/day on a bicycle. General commute for me during that time was 10 miles each way, and I would always ride extra on the ride home.

There is no doubt that some women can physically outperform some men. However, at the very highest levels of physical ability, virtually no women can compete with men. In professional sports, for example, even the best women athletes are unable to successfully play against men (unless you consider drag racing a sport - kudos to Shirley Muldowney).

Unless we lower physical requirements, the only reason for women to be admitted to the SEAL program is political correctness.

There is no doubt that some women can physically outperform some men. However, at the very highest levels of physical ability, virtually no women can compete with men. In professional sports, for example, even the best women athletes are unable to successfully play against men (unless you consider drag racing a sport - kudos to Shirley Muldowney).

Unless we lower physical requirements, the only reason for women to be admitted to the SEAL program is political correctness.

Standards will never be lowered, the SEALs won't allow that to happen, because each trainer at BUDs is an active duty SEAL, and they know that the people they train now may end up on the teams with them later, and they want only the best watching their backs.

That being said, if a woman can successfully make it through without lowering the standards, let her on the teams.

In this highly refined niche of human endeavor, a fairly substantial male with the requisite physical capacities and skills would be what one would want. You don't drive a Corvette in a Nascar race.

Don't play so coy: You referred to your wife, which explains your political views and hostility to males in general. Typical of people who know they have been promoted for their personal characteristics rather than merit.
Yes...I did refer to my wife. And your point is? Because I have a wife I'm hostile to males? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

No, but it does mean that perhaps you are politically PW'ed. :D
Isn't that my point...that I am politically a liberal...something you said wasn't possible for a Naval Officer? :rofl:

No, I just think you are PWed!

Then you see the problem. Physical conditioning isn't really the issue, because you have to pass a PT that says you can handle the training in your application. The main reason SEAL training is so difficult is because they push you to extremes not only physically, but mentally as well. Hell, I was in good enough shape in my late 20's/early 30's when I was a PRT coordinator and was racing bicycles. Scored 296 or better out of a total of 300 on the PRT, and was riding 50 to 100 miles/day on a bicycle. General commute for me during that time was 10 miles each way, and I would always ride extra on the ride home.

Oh, so your username is a lie? You are a ABicycleSailor!

Just kidding! All our names are lies, especially the liberals who try to hide behind their usernames.

I don't have issue with women going through BUD/S but they shouldn't be on an operational team. Eventually there will be a woman who makes the grade and hopefully they won't have to lower the standards just to do it. The Seals have gone Hollywood so it wouldn't surprise me what lengths the Navy will go to.

Oh, so your username is a lie? You are a ABicycleSailor!

Just kidding! All our names are lies, especially the liberals who try to hide behind their usernames.

Actually, when I got separated in the mid 80's, my ex wife took the car and left me with my motorcycle. The motorbike broke down, and because I used to ride when I was younger, I decided to buy a bicycle and see how that worked out. Figured out within a year that I didn't really need a car. I then decided to see if I could ride a bicycle to my next duty station (Memphis TN to Jacksonville FL), and did it in 7 days, so I then decided that I wouldn't get a car until I really needed it. That didn't happen for the next 8 years until I was stationed at MEPS Amarillo TX, and I bought a Harley, which I rode for over the next 7 years. I have been clocked at 66 mph on a bicycle going downhill, at 53 mph drafting behind a garbage truck, 48 mph on my own in a sprint for a couple hundred yards, and had an average cruising speed of 20 to 25 mph, depending on terrain. When I got my Harley, I rode it to Sturgis from Amarillo TX in 2001, 2002, and 2003. So, it doesn't really matter on your definition of "bike" because I've got both kinds covered.

That being said, if a woman can successfully make it through without lowering the standards, let her on the teams.

The question is whether you want to pick the best to be SEALs, or a quota of those who meet the minimum standards.

Forum List

Back