🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

FACT CHECK: Trump presses falsehoods about NATO, Germany

AP FACT CHECK: Trump presses falsehoods about NATO, Germany

Not sure why I bother, as most Trumpies have been conditioned to dismiss any facts contrary to their fantasy world beliefs.

Trump is an epic failure and embarrassment, the sooner you see that the better.

TRUMP: “Frankly, many countries owe us a tremendous amount of money for many years back, where they’re delinquent, as far as I’m concerned, because the United States has had to pay for them. So if you go back 10 or 20 years, you’ll just add it all up. It’s massive amounts of money is owed.” — comments at meeting with NATO Secretary-General Jens Stoltenberg. In a tweet Tuesday, he said: “Will they reimburse the U.S.?”

THE FACTS: There is no such debt to the U.S. or to NATO. Therefore, no delinquency or question of reimbursement.

He is referring to how much each NATO country spends on its own defense and pressing them to spend more. Doing so would relieve some pressure on U.S. military spending. But there are no IOUs to collect from past years.

TRUMP: “Germany is a captive of Russia because they supply (energy). They got rid of their coal plants. They got rid of their nuclear. They’re getting so much of the oil and gas from Russia. I think it’s something that NATO has to look at.”

THE FACTS: He’s wrong about coal-fired and nuclear energy and overstated Germany’s reliance on Russian natural gas. In 2017, Germany got more than one-third of its energy for electricity from coal and nearly 12 percent from nuclear plants. One-third came from renewable energy. Only 13 percent came from natural gas, with Russia as the major supplier.

Trump was objecting to Germany’s acceptance of a new pipeline project that will bring more natural gas from Russia.

Germany plans to retire nuclear plants by 2022 and intends to reduce its reliance on coal. But Germany has not “got rid” of either.

Agela Merkel: "Nein, arschloch dummer Kopf Trump"!!!
If Republicans didn't lie, they'd have nothing to say.

Quit you bitching about Trump, snowflakes.

He got the Europeans to pony up more money.

It is called the Art of the Deal. He is good at it.

Obama was terrible at it and that is why he was a failure.

Pres. Trump castigates European leader with facts.

Liberals become unhinged with grief. .... :cuckoo: ... :lol:
dOnald tRump wouldn't recognize a fact if I put one in a sock and beat him with it.
Bet ya you’ll get you’re ass beat tough guy by SS.
I wasn't seriously contemplating attacking the *president* with an impromptu bludgeon.

Of course you weren't, you're a Beta Male. The only thing you beat is your pud.
Lol, you don't know me kid, stop acting like you do.

Of course I do kid. Everything you type reveals exactly what you are. I read well.

(Yawn) Boy is the left’s criticism of Trump getting tedious and boring. It’s like children throwing temper tantrums. According to them there is nothing – ABSOULTELY NOTHING – that Trump can do even remotely right. Talk about mindless obstructionism. But then, since the left has no real policy suggestions, I guess all they can do is fall on the floor, kick their feet, and scream and whine.

You know what gets me? There should be bipartisan outrage over the US spending 650 billion per year to protect these other nations.

Tell congress to stop spending more on our military than any other country in the world

Start by getting out of NATO.

NATO has nothing to do with our military spending we dont pay them ...

DDDUUUUUHHHHH
then why do we have our military in their countries? You don't think that isn't part of our budget?

(Yawn) Boy is the left’s criticism of Trump getting tedious and boring. It’s like children throwing temper tantrums. According to them there is nothing – ABSOULTELY NOTHING – that Trump can do even remotely right. Talk about mindless obstructionism. But then, since the left has no real policy suggestions, I guess all they can do is fall on the floor, kick their feet, and scream and whine.

You know what gets me? There should be bipartisan outrage over the US spending 650 billion per year to protect these other nations.
That will never happen TD. They are to busy hating Trump.

true - I HATE FUCKING LIARS
you look in the mirror often eh?

Most of what Trump said was demonstrably false.

Are you not paying attention?

When Objective Reality confronts your wishful thinking then you folks run like cats.

Make a case or don't post in my thread.

Tell congress to stop spending more on our military than any other country in the world

DDDUUUUUHHHHH
then why do we have our military in their countries? You don't think that isn't part of our budget?

Base and buffers, what a concept.

Did you never take a history class or poli sci class in which the teacher used that term - Bases and Buffers.

Most of what Trump said was demonstrably false.

Are you not paying attention?

When Objective Reality confronts your wishful thinking then you folks run like cats.

Make a case or don't post in my thread.

I have $100 that says you can't stop anyone from posting in "your thread". You're a punk kid, nothing more.

DDDUUUUUHHHHH

Did you never take a history class or poli sci class in which the teacher used that term - Bases and Buffers.
yep. and?

DDDUUUUUHHHHH

The context was that we spend by having those folks there. Grow up.

I love this shit....

AP 'farce check' takes Trump out of context then argues with it.

Trump never said Krautland closed ALL their Coal Plants, he just said, "They Closed (many of) their coal plants". Which is true. He never quantified his statement.

idiots

dimocrap scum are so stupid, they jump on it like it's fact.

Now THAT is a Fact Check. dimocrap scum are dumber than dirt

Forum List

Back