Fact Checking the Fact Checkers

W
WSJ has a good piece on how ‘fact’ checkers are not concerned about truth, they are just there to spin a narrative.

Not long ago, Johns Hopkins surgeon Marty Makary published an op-ed in the Wall Street Journal which downplayed many of the worst case scenarios for Covid and projected natural herd immunity by April. This article was widely shared via social media like Facebook, who reacted by unleashing the fact checking commissars. This latest WSJ article looks at how leftist social media outlets are doing their best to ensure that debate gives way to dogma.

“…the progressive health clerisy don’t like his projection because they worry it could lead to fewer virus restrictions. The horror! Health Feedback’s fact checkers disagree with the evidence Dr. Makary cites as well as how he interprets it. Fine. Scientists disagree all the time. Much of conventional health wisdom about red meat, sodium and cardiovascular risk is still fiercely debated.

The same goes for Covid-19. There’s still much we don’t understand about the virus and its transmission and immunity. Yet Facebook’s fact-checkers “cherry-pick,” to borrow their word, studies to support their own opinions, which they present as fact.”

“Scientists often disagree over how to interpret evidence. Debate is how ideas are tested and arguments are refined. But Facebook’s fact checkers are presenting their opinions as fact and seeking to silence other scientists whose views challenge their own.”

When I am vetting political information, I see lots of "fact checking" stories in my internet search results, but I skip over them because I know that "fact checking" is just lefty spinning.
Well you should click on them. Any good fact checker has sourced information to draw their conclusions and they lay it out for you to verify. Most do this

You go to a fact checker because you can't think for yourself. Face it sheepy.
I go to fact checkers to see sourced information that I can verify for myself. If you ever read past the headline you’d know that

Keep trying to tell yourself that kid and maybe the mind controlled sheep will believe you. :D
I don’t need to tell myself anything. It is what it is

That is what happens when you stop thinking. You can't think to yourself. Congrats for showing.

WSJ has a good piece on how ‘fact’ checkers are not concerned about truth, they are just there to spin a narrative.

Not long ago, Johns Hopkins surgeon Marty Makary published an op-ed in the Wall Street Journal which downplayed many of the worst case scenarios for Covid and projected natural herd immunity by April. This article was widely shared via social media like Facebook, who reacted by unleashing the fact checking commissars. This latest WSJ article looks at how leftist social media outlets are doing their best to ensure that debate gives way to dogma.

“…the progressive health clerisy don’t like his projection because they worry it could lead to fewer virus restrictions. The horror! Health Feedback’s fact checkers disagree with the evidence Dr. Makary cites as well as how he interprets it. Fine. Scientists disagree all the time. Much of conventional health wisdom about red meat, sodium and cardiovascular risk is still fiercely debated.

The same goes for Covid-19. There’s still much we don’t understand about the virus and its transmission and immunity. Yet Facebook’s fact-checkers “cherry-pick,” to borrow their word, studies to support their own opinions, which they present as fact.”

“Scientists often disagree over how to interpret evidence. Debate is how ideas are tested and arguments are refined. But Facebook’s fact checkers are presenting their opinions as fact and seeking to silence other scientists whose views challenge their own.”

What do Trump Humpers care about the truth.
TDS foaming at the mouth is so typical of the Left.

The WOKE has fallen mostly to this dogma. I think instead of calling them left because they really have gone far beyond left. The WOKE are unawaken fools. That are tools for the Cult.

Wow a Trump Humper accusing a group of folks of being a cult.
The Left has no position on anything until their cult leaders tell them what to think.

No doubt the WOKE is a cult. but we should be aware of all of them. There are many that infect the right thinking people also.

W

When I am vetting political information, I see lots of "fact checking" stories in my internet search results, but I skip over them because I know that "fact checking" is just lefty spinning.
Well you should click on them. Any good fact checker has sourced information to draw their conclusions and they lay it out for you to verify. Most do this

I go to fact checkers to see sourced information that I can verify for myself. If you ever read past the headline you’d know that
Sure you do. Tell us more about how Trump told us to drink bleach and he called white supremests good people.
He never said those things nor have i seen a fact checker making those claims. Partisan pundits make those claims.

Here see for yourself. They lay out the facts. Actual quotes and videos

Trump has said his “very fine people” comment referred not to white supremacists and neo-Nazis but to “people that went because they felt very strongly about the monument to Robert E. Lee

W

Keep trying to tell yourself that kid and maybe the mind controlled sheep will believe you. :D
I don’t need to tell myself anything. It is what it is

That is what happens when you stop thinking. You can't think to yourself. Congrats for showing.
I literally just showed two examples. Show where I’m wrong or go back into your cave. You got nothing but empty insults. Weak

What do Trump Humpers care about the truth.
TDS foaming at the mouth is so typical of the Left.

The WOKE has fallen mostly to this dogma. I think instead of calling them left because they really have gone far beyond left. The WOKE are unawaken fools. That are tools for the Cult.

Wow a Trump Humper accusing a group of folks of being a cult.
The Left has no position on anything until their cult leaders tell them what to think.
I just think we need to move from this left and right paradigm. What it really is, do you believe what the MSM tells you are not. I think that is what it comes down to. And who controls the MSM? It is the informed and the un-informed or ignorant and thinking for ones self. But you can't blame them because the non thinking begins with the Rockefeller control of the education system. We have to go back to the education system if we are going to change this stupidity of people.

W

Sure you do. Tell us more about how Trump told us to drink bleach and he called white supremests good people.
He never said those things nor have i seen a fact checker making those claims. Partisan pundits make those claims.

Trump has said his “very fine people” comment referred not to white supremacists and neo-Nazis but to “people that went because they felt very strongly about the monument to Robert E. Lee

Why are you still worried about Trump when Biden is there bringing all the Covid Mexicans, raising gas prices and killing jobs. And you are still focused on a president from the past dummy. :auiqs.jpg:

W

Why are you still worried about Trump when Biden is there bringing all the Covid Mexicans, raising gas prices and killing jobs. And you are still focused on a president from the past dummy. :auiqs.jpg:
Are you high? Weatherman brought up those two situations. I showed the fact checks. Try and keep up junior. You’re wasting my time with this nonsense

W

Are you high? Weatherman brought up those two situations. I showed the fact checks. Try and keep up junior. You’re wasting my time with this nonsense
Real ‘fact’ checking.
The White House Spins Trump’s Disinfectant Remarks”

W

Real ‘fact’ checking.
Ok now get past the headline. Damn y’all love showing your stupidity don’t you?!

Fact checking sites can be used in the search for the truth, but one should be aware that "fact checking" is a dishonest euphemism for fact spinning, and that it is lefty biased. There is nothing wrong with using biased media from either side, but one should understand what they are looking at. Facts can easily be assembled into false narratives that can be "fact checked", and this is why there is such a large "fact checking" industry.

W

Real ‘fact’ checking.
Ok now get past the headline. Damn y’all love showing your stupidity don’t you?!
No, I won’t get past the headline. They know it, you know it, and I know it most people only read headlines. It’s why the media only puts truth in the last paragraph if they even feel obligated to do that.

Fact checking sites can be used in the search for the truth, but one should be aware that "fact checking" is a dishonest euphemism for fact spinning, and that it is lefty biased. There is nothing wrong with using biased media from either side, but one should understand what they are looking at. Facts can easily be assembled into false narratives that can be "fact checked", and this is why there is such a large "fact checking" industry.
Which is why I mentioned the fact the most fact checkers lay out their sources and that’s why they are useful. You don’t need to trust their conclusions or commentary, but they are useful for finding source material

W

Real ‘fact’ checking.
No, I won’t get past the headline. They know it, you know it, and I know it most people only read headlines. It’s why the media only puts truth in the last paragraph if they even feel obligated to do that.
Of course you won’t... because you know it proves me right. Goodnight

[/QUOTE]
Why? Most ‘fact’ checkers only link to distorted media spins to support their case. You’ll never see an official statement or video to support their spin.

Which is why I mentioned the fact the most fact checkers lay out their sources and that’s why they are useful. You don’t need to trust their conclusions or commentary, but they are useful for finding source material
Linking to CNN is not meaningful.

I agree that fact checking sites can be a useful resource, but I strongly disagree with calling them "fact checking" sites. Every one that I visit needs to be vetted without using the sources that they cite. Assembling facts into politically motivated narratives is cheating, scamming, and dishonest when it is called "fact checking".

When did I link to CNN? And also how can you prejudge that without seeing any specifics. You seem to make most your arguments on emotion over information. That’s ignorant

I agree that fact checking sites can be a useful resource, but I strongly disagree with calling them "fact checking" sites. Every one that I visit needs to be vetted without using the sources that they cite. Assembling facts into politically motivated narratives is cheating, scamming, and dishonest when it is called "fact checking".
Go to factcheck.org and poke around, I posted two links already. Their sourced material is often quotes or videos or direct references to the issues at hand.

When did I link to CNN? And also how can you prejudge that without seeing any specifics. You seem to make most your arguments on emotion over information. That’s ignorant
$1 in my PayPal for every fact check linking to CNN?

$1 in my PayPal for every fact check linking to CNN?
what are you talking about weirdo? I’ve posted two links both from factcheck.org

Forum List

Back