FAIL- Obama pushes to extend gun background checks to Social Security

This guy is insane. Certifiably, insane

Them seniors are shooting to many place up.

-Geaux

granny-gun1.jpg

==================

Seeking tighter controls over firearm purchases, the Obama administration is pushing to ban Social Security beneficiaries from owning guns if they lack the mental capacity to manage their own affairs, a move that could affect millions whose monthly disability payments are handled by others.

The push is intended to bring the Social Security Administration in line with laws regulating who gets reported to the National Instant Criminal Background Check System, or NICS, which is used to prevent gun sales to felons, drug addicts, immigrants in the country illegally and others.

A potentially large group within Social Security are people who, in the language of federal gun laws, are unable to manage their own affairs due to "marked subnormal intelligence, or mental illness, incompetency, condition, or disease."

Obama pushes to extend gun background checks to Social Security - Chicago Tribune

---
Re:
"the National Instant Criminal Background Check System, or NICS, which is used to prevent gun sales to felons, drug addicts, immigrants in the country illegally and others." ...
and people who demonstrate
"marked subnormal intelligence, or mental illness, incompetence".

What's wrong with that?
Are you one of those?

There is a lot wrong with playing the frog in the pot of water game. Once infringement starts, it never end. The end goal is obvious.

---
There should not be infringement on normal and almost normal people, but those that are off the wall?
I would not want Adam Lanza types to buy firearms and take a ride to walk around an elementary school, etc!

There will be tho, and if you can't recognize that you are beyond reproach.

Why do you hate property rights?

---
I don't hate property rights ... for normal people.
Do you think convicted violent felons and child rapists should be allowed to buy a gun?

What does that have to do with a checkbook?

I think if the Whitehouse wants to go after Social Security recipients....we should go after tax-cheats like Al Sharpton. How about going after anyone who's missed a payment on their mortgage? How about people who took drugs in college.

I've got an idea.......any immigrant currently on an expired visa.....no guns. Anyone who entered illegally...no guns.

While I dont like infringement and if I thought this wouldnt lead to more down the road i'd be all for it.
I know I wouldnt want my mother to have a gun at this point in her life.
But if she did I would have already removed it myself and wouldnt need the government to do that for me.

But what about those who have no family and develop Alzheimer's or dementia?
I'm telling you right now you dont want some these people armed,many of them are prone to violent outbursts.
There is a lot wrong with playing the frog in the pot of water game. Once infringement starts, it never end. The end goal is obvious.

---
There should not be infringement on normal and almost normal people, but those that are off the wall?
I would not want Adam Lanza types to buy firearms and take a ride to walk around an elementary school, etc!

---
Do you think convicted violent felons and child rapists should be allowed to buy a gun?

We aren't talking about convicted violent felons and child rapists. Are you trying to build a strawman?

I could ask you, if you enjoy strawberry lollipops, it would be just as relevant.

---
I am simply being reasonable.
Are you an extremist? No exceptions?

I have some exceptions, but the government long ago crossed that line.

---
Re:
"the National Instant Criminal Background Check System, or NICS, which is used to prevent gun sales to felons, drug addicts, immigrants in the country illegally and others." ...

What's wrong with that?
Are you one of those?

---

---

I think if the Whitehouse wants to go after Social Security recipients....we should go after tax-cheats like Al Sharpton. How about going after anyone who's missed a payment on their mortgage? How about people who took drugs in college.

Or how about actually going after illegals, the cherry picking is great isn't it?

I've got an idea.......any immigrant currently on an expired visa.....no guns. Anyone who entered illegally...no guns.

It's fine for them to go there. But people who have sat on welfare their entire life can still vote. And that effects how our money is used. It sure as hell did with the current disaster in chief.

Or how about they actually go after illegals, love the cherry picking. For the most part, this would be just more targeting of conservatives.

---
Re:

What's wrong with that?
Are you one of those?

---

---

---
I am not focusing on checkbook competency ... unless it's also associated with mental incapacity that makes their gun ownership a danger to others.

While I dont like infringement and if I thought this wouldnt lead to more down the road i'd be all for it.
I know I wouldnt want my mother to have a gun at this point in her life.
But if she did I would have already removed it myself and wouldnt need the government to do that for me.

But what about those who have no family and develop Alzheimer's or dementia?
I'm telling you right now you dont want some these people armed,many of them are prone to violent outbursts.
---

---

We aren't talking about convicted violent felons and child rapists. Are you trying to build a strawman?

I could ask you, if you enjoy strawberry lollipops, it would be just as relevant.

---
I am simply being reasonable.
Are you an extremist? No exceptions?

I have some exceptions, but the government long ago crossed that line.

It's more the method they're using that bothers me.
How to go about keeping guns out of the hands of dementia and alzheimer's patients is going to be tough to do if there's no family around to do it for us.
And of course most will just lie about having a firearm,so i'm not sure the infringement is worth the results you're going to get.

I can see where the Obama Administration is going with this, but unless there's a problem with seniors who normally spend their days in a nursing home drooling on themselves all day long suddenly showing up at gun stores buying guns & ammo, this is gonna be a hard sale to make. No two ways about it.

I can see where the Obama Administration is going with this, but unless there's a problem with seniors who normally spend their days in a nursing home drooling on themselves all day long suddenly showing up at gun stores buying guns & ammo this is gonna be a hard sale to make. No two ways about it.

I think they're more worried about old people that currently own firearms.
And thats even scarier ...how will the government propose we find out if they own a firearm?

---

---

---
I am not focusing on checkbook competency ... unless it's also associated with mental incapacity that makes their gun ownership a danger to others.
The administration isn't interested in taking guns from incompitents or mental defects.

They're interested in taking them from everyone but their own security details.

---

---

---
The administration isn't interested in taking guns from incompitents or mental defects.

---
Now you are going off the deep end, Chicken Little.
Stick with what is written by the administration.

I can see where the Obama Administration is going with this, but unless there's a problem with seniors who normally spend their days in a nursing home drooling on themselves all day long suddenly showing up at gun stores buying guns & ammo this is gonna be a hard sale to make. No two ways about it.

And thats even scarier ...how will the government propose we find out if they own a firearm?

Yeah, I see your point. I read a few years back where California is actively engaging in that sort of behavior. To what extent they're willing to go, I'm not sure.

Yeah, I see your point. I read a few years back where California is actively engaging in that sort of behavior. To what extent they're willing to go, I'm not sure.

If no one's around to defend these elderly folks the government could easily just confiscate them under some bogus claim of senility.
What could someone on a fixed income do about it?

---

---

---

Stop being naive.

The end game is confiscation......not prevention.

---

---

---

Stop being naive.

Next there'll be a push to stop the undocumented transfer of firearms to anyone...including family members.

If no one's around to defend these elderly folks the government could easily just confiscate them under some bogus claim of senility.
What could someone on a fixed income do about it?

Pretty much nothing, in answer to your question

---

---

Stop being naive.

Next there'll be a push to stop the undocumented transfer of firearms to anyone...including family members.

That is essentially what this would be about.

This guy is insane. Certifiably, insane

Them seniors are shooting to many place up.

-Geaux

granny-gun1.jpg

==================

Seeking tighter controls over firearm purchases, the Obama administration is pushing to ban Social Security beneficiaries from owning guns if they lack the mental capacity to manage their own affairs, a move that could affect millions whose monthly disability payments are handled by others.

The push is intended to bring the Social Security Administration in line with laws regulating who gets reported to the National Instant Criminal Background Check System, or NICS, which is used to prevent gun sales to felons, drug addicts, immigrants in the country illegally and others.

A potentially large group within Social Security are people who, in the language of federal gun laws, are unable to manage their own affairs due to "marked subnormal intelligence, or mental illness, incompetency, condition, or disease."

Obama pushes to extend gun background checks to Social Security - Chicago Tribune
where do you get this bull shit from
The Chicago Tribune. Any more questions?

-Geaux

And there is more in today's news

-Geaux
-------------

New Obama Initiative To Ban Guns For Some Social Security Recipients, Veterans, And Disabled

Whenever one thinks the Obama administration’s war on the Second Amendment couldn’t get any more insane, Barack Obama prances onto the stage to prove everyone wrong yet again.

This time, it is not merely a carefully planned and orchestrated jig on the graves of mass shooting victims or pathetic whining about “gun crime” and the amount of time he must give regarding the issue. It is a push to ban a large number of Social Security benefits recipients from owning guns.

That’s correct. When the Obama administration can’t get its way by attacking gun owners head on, it merely turns to extorting the elderly and disabled whom it holds hostage via their need to receive Social Security benefits – benefits I might add, that are owed to them.

New Obama Initiative To Ban Guns For Some Social Security Recipients Veterans And Disabled Zero Hedge

Forum List

Back