Faith in The Law

I'll bet the author of this thread can't name 10 people on this board who have ever said the law is infallible.

10?

I'd go with 1.

I think it was this guy...

oz_scarecrow_1.jpg

Then again, I can just picture Kormak singing "If I only had a Brain!" Or a heart. Or courage.

Laws are bad when they enforced upon everyone equally, such as laws imposed upon the wealthy that were designed for the sheeple, just as guns ............. it creates an unnatural balance between followers & leadership that is extremely unpleasant.
"The U.S. is a nation of laws : badly written and randomly enforced."
----Frank Zappa

"A jury consists of 12 persons responsible for deciding who has the better lawyer."
----Robert Frost

"And an appellate judge is responsible for twisting the law and changing jury decisions to favor the more influential party."
----Yours Truly

"The more corrupt the republic, the more numerous the laws."
----Tacitus

"Birds fly through the webs that catch the little flies."
----Roman Proverb

" The illusion of freedom will continue as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will just take down the scenery, they will pull back the curtains, they will move the tables and chairs out of the way, and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theatre."
----Frank Zappa

Last edited:
Statutory law should be respected, even if you disagree with it, and changed through the democratic process. Case law has become a vehicle for liberal activists to impose their views outside of this process.

You mean like when the Court struck down the Chicago statute that banned handgun ownership?

I'm guessing your enchantment with 'statutory law' and your contempt for 'case law' were both diminished momentarily in that instance.

one must remember there is a difference between the 'law' and justice
Their is a difference between the law, and just us. Prosecuters have way too much power; the law is only a consideration. Now that the supreme court is political, it will be bent to preference.

Statutory law should be respected, even if you disagree with it

Yes I agree, if you go around fucking 14 year old under aged hotties in the United States, the penalties are harsh, and the legal fees are just as bad to avoid jail time.
But even if the statutory rape law was lowered to 12 like it should be, it still isnt going to stop and angry parent from shooting you in the dick.
This is one of the primary reason why guns must be confiscated backed by the following groups:
NAMbLA
NAMgLA ( North American Man girl Love Association ) <----- I'm a patch holding member
and others.
Laws against gun violence don't stop angry fathers from trying to shoot me after I fuck their 14 year old daughters, so I made it a point to start behaving myself until GUN ARE GONE.
I think its bullshit, I shouldn't have to fly all the way down to the Philippines when my dick gets hard, we got young hotties at home.
Conclusion: We need to ban then confiscate guns so that
I CAN FUCK YOUR UNDERAGE TEEN DAUGHTERS & GET AWAY WITH IT !

I hear people touting the infallibility of law. It got me wondering. How infallible is it? Why do some people place so much faith in law? Some laws are rational, some are not, and then there are laws which are outright beyond the realm of reason. How come when a law is passed that aligns to a person's certain political view, they support it, but when it swings to the other side they do not? Why is that?

The best examples of this come from high reactions to high profile supreme court decisions. Remember when the left feared the court would kill obamacare? They were screaming about judicial activism -- fair enough. But the very same people for the most part love the decision in Roe v. Wade and no remotely fair minded person could deny that roe v. Wade was pure judicial activism. Its just human nature and a matter of whose ox is being gored.

I hear people touting the infallibility of law. It got me wondering. How infallible is it? Why do some people place so much faith in law? Some laws are rational, some are not, and then there are laws which are outright beyond the realm of reason. How come when a law is passed that aligns to a person's certain political view, they support it, but when it swings to the other side they do not? Why is that?

Remember, everything Hitler did was legal, even though it was unlawful.

Both of you have faith in the law as soon as I mention that blacks are treated unfairly in the justice system both of you will suddenly turn into Justifying Justin about why its ok, why its not a big deal, etc etc.

Statutory law should be respected, even if you disagree with it, and changed through the democratic process. Case law has become a vehicle for liberal activists to impose their views outside of this process.

You mean like when the Court struck down the Chicago statute that banned handgun ownership?

I'm guessing your enchantment with 'statutory law' and your contempt for 'case law' were both diminished momentarily in that instance.

No, it's just that in this case, statutory law was found to be at odds with the Constitution and was accordingly struck down.

Statutory law should be respected, even if you disagree with it

Yes I agree, if you go around fucking 14 year old under aged hotties in the United States, the penalties are harsh, and the legal fees are just as bad to avoid jail time.
But even if the statutory rape law was lowered to 12 like it should be, it still isnt going to stop and angry parent from shooting you in the dick.
This is one of the primary reason why guns must be confiscated backed by the following groups:
NAMbLA
NAMgLA ( North American Man girl Love Association ) <----- I'm a patch holding member
and others.
Laws against gun violence don't stop angry fathers from trying to shoot me after I fuck their 14 year old daughters, so I made it a point to start behaving myself until GUN ARE GONE.
I think its bullshit, I shouldn't have to fly all the way down to the Philippines when my dick gets hard, we got young hotties at home.
Conclusion: We need to ban then confiscate guns so that
I CAN FUCK YOUR UNDERAGE TEEN DAUGHTERS & GET AWAY WITH IT !

You really need to dial back the hard drugs. Or off yourself, either one works.

'

If you can't recognize irony this extreme, you are in pretty bad shape.

'

OR: They should watch the sausage being made -- and lose their respect for the law.

<

It's damned simple, most modern laws are passed to meet political demands rather than the needs of society. Show me a proposed law that does nothing but address a real problem in the society and I'll show you a law that more than likely can't get the votes to pass because there is nothing in it for the politicians.

No, it's just that in this case, statutory law was found to be at odds with the Constitution and was accordingly struck down.

So you're saying woodie is an idiot. Tell him, not me. I already know he's an idiot.

I hear people touting the infallibility of law. It got me wondering. How infallible is it? Why do some people place so much faith in law? Some laws are rational, some are not, and then there are laws which are outright beyond the realm of reason.
The fact that DNA evidence has shown that many people convicted of murder were, in fact, innocent -- and that many people are in prison for victimless crimes -- should be enough to demonstrate what a corrupt mess the present American legal system is.

Forum List

Back