FAKE NEWS!!!

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
The new meme that gives you a get out of jail free card from debating any topic on its merits.

Beyond stupid. It's second only to dissing sources.

Either way both are used as an escape from exercising your ability to articulate an argument for an opposing position.

It was amusing for awhile but too many are using it as an excuse for a lack of debate now.

Though, was there really much debate before?:coffee:
The new meme that gives you a get out of jail free card from debating any topic on its merits.

Either way both are used as an escape from exercising your ability to articulate an argument for an opposing position.

It was amusing for awhile but too many are using it as an excuse for a lack of debate now.

Yep.

That's what I got with this one. Post number three. CrusaderFrank couldn't handle it.

Yep.

That's what I got with this one. Post number three. CrusaderFrank couldn't handle it.
^ Fake News

I agree - it's being thrown out a lot now as opposed debating it.

Here's the thing about fake news - real fake news, not just news you happen to disagree with. What sort of position should you articulate when it's clearly fake beyond showing that it's fake? It takes time and energy to articulate a position. So why waste on something like "Trump takes victory tour to Red Square"? People no longer seem to be checking sources for accuracy - they see it, they believe it because it fits their particular view, and they throw it into the arena and expect everyone to debate it. Sometimes I just wonder if it's worth it.

• Banned

Here's the thing about fake news - real fake news, not just news you happen to disagree with. What sort of position should you articulate when it's clearly fake beyond showing that it's fake? It takes time and energy to articulate a position. So why waste on something like "Trump takes victory tour to Red Square"? People no longer seem to be checking sources for accuracy - they see it, they believe it because it fits their particular view, and they throw it into the arena and expect everyone to debate it. Sometimes I just wonder if it's worth it.
There is bullshit reports on the internet. That is nothing new. What is new, really new, is everyone trying to discredit legitimate topics by trying to conflate biased reporting as fake. Biased by its nature is based in fact but twisted to attain a goal of perspective. The truth is still there to be debated but now with this stupid meme nearly all debate is easily shut off.

There is bullshit reports on the internet. That is nothing new. What is new, really new, is everyone trying to discredit legitimate topics by trying to conflate biased reporting as fake. Biased by its nature is based in fact but twisted to attain a goal of perspective. The truth is still there to be debated but now with this stupid meme nearly all debate is easily shut off.

I totally agree. That's a really good point. And fake news isn't the same as biased reporting or - simply getting it wrong (such as the election predictions). Well said!

• Banned
And I will admit I've thrown the term around a bit but when I do it, it's just for fun. Perhaps I need to work on my trolling and get some more originality?

And I will admit I've thrown the term around a bit but when I do it, it's just for fun. Perhaps I need to work on my trolling and get some more originality?

Yeah that's it, work on your trolling. Frank can hook you up. He's a master baiter.

True enough but it's really not new in that it's at least a first cousin of the equally mendacious practice of ignoring reality even when some fact has been proven, and going on with a mythology or revisionist history or fake quote or photoshop, in spite of already knowing full well that it's bullshit.

LOT of that goes on.

Yes, I agree. Can we please go back to other euphemism such as calling each other wieners, pecker heads, peter leeches and gay wads, like proper debate guidelines demand?

CNN, MSNBC, NYT, WaPo, Reuters and Fox are where it's somewhat hard to tell real from fake.

HuffinGluePost, Kos, MoveOn, MediaMatters, MSNBC etc., have always been fake news.

A somewhat well known pro-Trump site that dispenses fakery is prntly.com.

abc.com.co is fakefakefake, fakeyerbooty.

Yeah that's it, work on your trolling. Frank can hook you up. He's a master baiter.
I like Frank. He always has a smile to offer if you don't have a corn Cobb up your ass

CNN, MSNBC, NYT, WaPo, Reuters and Fox are where it's somewhat hard to tell real from fake.

HuffinGluePost, Kos, MoveOn, MediaMatters, MSNBC etc., have always been fake news.

CNN, MSNBC, NYT, WaPo, Reuters and Fox are just regular news outlets. They aren't fake news. They might be biased - but that isn't "fake". Huffington and MediaMatters aren't fake either - they just have a clear bias.

How many times does HuffinPaintPost need to be parsed, and shown to be highly biased, before they just get dismissed out of hand?

How many times can you shout "WOLF!" before people tell you to pound sand?

CNN, MSNBC, NYT, WaPo, Reuters and Fox are just regular news outlets. They aren't fake news. They might be biased - but that isn't "fake". Huffington and MediaMatters aren't fake either - they just have a clear bias.

What were the polls and odds that those outlets were dispensing, which had Hillary winning big?

Were they in on the taking and collating said polls and percentages?

Fake news.

What were the polls and odds that those outlets were dispensing, which had Hillary winning big?

Were they in on the taking and collating said polls and percentages?

Fake news.

PREDICTIVE polls can be wrong. Bad methodology can make polls wrong. That isn't 'fake news". The polls were wrong and...they've been wrong before.

How many times does HuffinPaintPost need to be parsed, and shown to be highly biased, before they just get dismissed out of hand?

How many times can you shout "WOLF!" before people tell you to pound sand?

How many articles have they posted that are complete fabrications? IE - fabrications like Trump's Victory Tour in Red Square? Or Hillary has parkinsons and wears a catheter? Or Pizzagate?

See how the far left will deny that their outlets make fake news!

Forum List

Back