Famous China waterfall freezes over solid!!!

So.....if a thermocouple is able to measure to the tenth of a degree.....how is it that they are calculating temperature differences to hundredths of degrees? Enquiring minds want to know!

Standard error - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
---
SEM is usually estimated by the sample estimate of the population standard deviation (sample standard deviation) divided by the square root of the sample size (assuming statistical independence of the values in the sample):
bb234d9a63401082dbd197c430fd35c9.png

where
s is the sample standard deviation (i.e., the sample-based estimate of the standard deviation of the population), and
n is the size (number of observations) of the sample.
---
That is, as "n" get bigger, standard error goes down in proportion to the square root of "n". 100 measurements means 1/10 the standard error. 10,000 measurements means 1/100 of the standard error.

I find it astonishing a science Ph.D doesn't know such basic statistics. Any hard science requires that you know statistics inside and out. You must have been in the softest of all soft sciences.

Yet... according to you geniuses, the human race has wrapped the earth in blankets, and still the earth's climate is cooling.

The climate is strongly warming. Who one earth told you climate was cooling?

I can understand how you get things so badly wrong, if you've been snookered by people who lied to you like that. You need to publicly identify and castigate those liars.

Or, like a battered spouse, you could go running back to them. Your choice.

This thread is a good example of denier desperation tactic #2, pointing at random snowflakes as proof that there's no warming.

Denier desperation tactic #1 would be declaring that everything is a conspiracy.

I believe it warms up every day when the earth rotates, its a darn good thing too. It gets so cold when were opposite from the sun. Didnt they have some 60s song about here comes the sun? it used to be a good thing before we had mandatory climate control. i forgot now what is our designated temperature setting supposed to be?

So.....if a thermocouple is able to measure to the tenth of a degree.....how is it that they are calculating temperature differences to hundredths of degrees? Enquiring minds want to know!

---
SEM is usually estimated by the sample estimate of the population standard deviation (sample standard deviation) divided by the square root of the sample size (assuming statistical independence of the values in the sample):

where
s is the sample standard deviation (i.e., the sample-based estimate of the standard deviation of the population), and
---
That is, as "n" get bigger, standard error goes down in proportion to the square root of "n". 100 measurements means 1/10 the standard error. 10,000 measurements means 1/100 of the standard error.

I find it astonishing a science Ph.D doesn't know such basic statistics. Any hard science requires that you know statistics inside and out. You must have been in the softest of all soft sciences.

That's a cute little treatise on stats. It still doesn't answer the question I asked.

I directly answered the question you asked. If you didn't ask the question your thought you'd asked, that's not my problem. I can only read your words, not your mind.

Yet... according to you geniuses, the human race has wrapped the earth in blankets, and still the earth's climate is cooling.

I can understand how you get things so badly wrong, if you've been snookered by people who lied to you like that. You need to publicly identify and castigate those liars.

[URL='http://s42.photobucket.com/user/baldaltima/media/Israeli_Stop_Sign.png.html'][/URL]

LOL......1/20th of one degree = "strongly warming" to the k00ks.:up::up::up:

And as Ive astutely pointed out........nobody but nobody is caring except the far left internet nutters.:coffee:

Well in grade school, way back when, we learned that expanding ice fields were a symptom of a cooling Climate...

And given that the polar ice fields are expanding, it seems fairly likely that the climate is in fact cooling... which is only relevant where some dumbass claims that expanding ice fields need to be dismissed, because the planet's getting warmer!

It's ICE... and while I'm not a climatologist. "I know what ice is..."

---

where
---

Tell Me HAIRBALL.... What is the SD of Ethel-glycol, Mercury, or any other liquids used in thermometers? You cant even show what these Standard Deviations are, yet 98% of all thermometers have very large deviations as I posted.

Error limits for thermometers
The following error limits are according to "Eichordnung EO 14-1", the German Federal Weights and Measures Regulations.

For thermometers calibrated for total immersion containing non-wetting thermometric liquid (e.g., mercury and mercury-thallium alloy) and for thermometers containing wetting thermometric liquid (e.g., toluene, pentane and petroleum).

upload_2014-12-28_10-17-54.png

Source

Most thermometers have error bars as great as 5 deg C and low SD point of just 0.5 Deg C. Only highly calibrated and electronic thermometers are precise down to 0.1 deg C.

And for the Moron Hairball our temperature range is 210-400 deg K. (or -50 to +50 Celsius). Again the Hairball shows that it is totally ignorant of the science and math used in climate prediction yet it spouts talking points of the far left wackos and alarmists.

Last edited:
Only highly calibrated and electronic thermometers are precise down to 0.1 deg C.

The ones used in the stations and buoys are usually better than that. For example, the Argo floats have a temperature error of +/- .002C

Argo - part of the integrated global observation strategy

You simply don't know what you're babbling about. You fail at both the instrumentation and the statistics.

LOL... Moron...Change the topic mid stream from Liquid to electronic... Classic Moron strategy...

Normal people understand that most weather stations don't use liquid thermometers, so you babbling about their accuracy would be an obvious attempt by you to deflect from your failure.

blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, and yet you still can't produce one experiment that shows that increasing CO2 does anything to temperature. None!! We're all still waiting for you deniers to prove it.

Forum List

Back