Fantastic Businessman Trump Loses 55 Year Golf Event To Mexico

And AGAIN joe comes along to prove my point.

Thanks Joe.

Any alleged "dysfunction" is irrelevant. Everyone of those 16 people were republicans with long histories of winning in the GOP.

Hell, Jeb Bush is related to TWO LIVING PRESIDENTS, and Trump crushed him like a bug.

which only shows your party is dysfunctional.

There's a lot of blame to go around. A compliant media that didn't challenge this guy because he was great for ratings. Republicans who didn't call him on his open racism because they didn't want to offend the racists who make up their base.

The fact is, you passed up a dozen truly qualified people because a reality TV Clown blared out their racist dogwhistles with a racist bullhorn.

And now decent people like the PGA are running away as fast as they can.

How does all of the compare to the thousands of jobs lost to China due to Clinton and Obama?
Just curious

Technology forced those jobs overseas. Containerized rail transport, and containerized ocean transport made the Chinese market unbeatable. Coupled with Walmart, it changed the face of America. I don't think anyone could have changed that scenario even if they could there were too many people anxious to cash in on cheap imports.

Your claim that the MSM is not dominated by the progressives is laughable. The rest of your screed is likewise not to be taken seriously.

The MSM is owned by all of five big corporations...how is that "progressive".

The real problem is that the Media gave Trump all this free publicity because listening to him squeal about how Megan Kelly had blood pouring out of her wherever was more interesting than listening to Lindsey Grahmn talk about foreign policy in a level-headed way.

The PGA announced they are moving their tour event held at Miami's famed Trump National Doral course for the last 55 years to Mexico City. In 2013, the PGA announced a ten year extension to the Trump National Doral to be held through 2023, but when Cadillac, the sponsor did not renew sponsorship of the event, it was dropped.

Trump National Doral was unable to find a sponsor and criticized the move when Donald Trump said "he hopes they have good kidnapping insurance." Tour moves event from Trump Doral to Mexico

Trump losing, again. He loses all the time now, isn't he tired of losing he loses so much?

I thought that Donald the Chump told us that we would be tired of winning.

Trump has defeated 16 serious accomplished rivals to be the Nominee.

Anyone who dismisses that is lying or stupid.

Or both.
Nonsense.

Those rivals were anything but ‘accomplished.’

Some were loons who had no business running for president, such as Carson and Paul.

Others were dangerous social right extremists like Cruz and Huckabee.

Then there were the washed up has-beens: Bush, Perry, Pataki.

The collection of sitting governors whose campaigns imploded: Christie, Walker, Jindal.

Last were a contingent of wackos, weirdos, and misfits – Rubio was out of his league and in way over his head; Kasich, dreadful politician and campaigner; clueless neophyte Fiorina; religious nutcase Santorum; Lindsey Graham, who himself couldn’t explain why he should be president; and the permanently forgotten Jim Gilmore.

And now you and other partisan republicans are left with the ridiculous, impossible task of defending the indefensible Donald Trump – and like a delusional blind partisan you’ll try to do just that.

Pathetic.

My what an objective analysis.

NOT!

The vast majority of them have stories that up to their loss could have been the story of successful presidents, governors and congressmen.

Your partisan dislike of them does not change that.

You: Mexico is not a hotbed of golf.
Me: Mexico is the number two travel destination for American golfers.

That means a thriving industry. Mexicans and golf are a growing industry and in ten years those numbers will certainly grow. They already have the PGA Doral tour which has a $10 million dollar purse. Mexico will do just fine and golf will thrive there.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: No. Golf will never thrive there. Mexico is too poor to have golf thrive. The reason why Mexico is number two as a destination is location, location, location. Ever bothered to look where those golf courses are located? All 200 of them?

Then why is the PGA bailing on Donald Trump for Mexico? It's because Mexicans see the future of golf and are willing to invest to see it so. Something the Donald could learn from them.

Or it could be as I have said, an unprofessional and unethical action on the part of the PGA officials based on their personal political feelings.
But you have no foundation to say that. Do you have proof? Why would the PGA deliberately harm a future president of the United States? Seems foolhardy to me.

Because they are liberal assholes.

But I repeat myself.

How does all of the compare to the thousands of jobs lost to China due to Clinton and Obama?
Just curious

Technology forced those jobs overseas. Containerized rail transport, and containerized ocean transport made the Chinese market unbeatable. Coupled with Walmart, it changed the face of America. I don't think anyone could have changed that scenario even if they could there were too many people anxious to cash in on cheap imports.

Germany has TWICE the manufacturing employment rate we have, and they live in the world with the same technology and ocean transport.

If Trump DOUBLES, or even increases the number of manufacturing jobs by 50%, you libs will look damn stupid trying to claim his was not a successful presidency.

Not that that has ever stopped you before.

And AGAIN joe comes along to prove my point.

Thanks Joe.

Any alleged "dysfunction" is irrelevant. Everyone of those 16 people were republicans with long histories of winning in the GOP.

Hell, Jeb Bush is related to TWO LIVING PRESIDENTS, and Trump crushed him like a bug.

which only shows your party is dysfunctional.

There's a lot of blame to go around. A compliant media that didn't challenge this guy because he was great for ratings. Republicans who didn't call him on his open racism because they didn't want to offend the racists who make up their base.

The fact is, you passed up a dozen truly qualified people because a reality TV Clown blared out their racist dogwhistles with a racist bullhorn.

And now decent people like the PGA are running away as fast as they can.

First of all.

2. The Media has been dogpiling Trump from day one.

3. The PGA officials are corrupt, unprofessional and unethical.

Just curious

Germany has TWICE the manufacturing employment rate we have, and they live in the world with the same technology and ocean transport.

If Trump DOUBLES, or even increases the number of manufacturing jobs by 50%, you libs will look damn stupid trying to claim his was not a successful presidency.

Not that that has ever stopped you before.

That's why I feel it is important for him to honor his promise and demonstrate to the people who will vote for him that he is a man of his word. Show the people that you are bringing your own business back from overseas and are providing jobs to Americans. Because failing to do that means he isn't up to the job.

The PGA announced they are moving their tour event held at Miami's famed Trump National Doral course for the last 55 years to Mexico City. In 2013, the PGA announced a ten year extension to the Trump National Doral to be held through 2023, but when Cadillac, the sponsor did not renew sponsorship of the event, it was dropped.

Trump National Doral was unable to find a sponsor and criticized the move when Donald Trump said "he hopes they have good kidnapping insurance." Tour moves event from Trump Doral to Mexico
And this is a WGC event in which the top players in the world normally play. My bet is many of those top players will skip the event. And the TV ratings will see a general decline.
Most golf fans lean republican and see this move by the Tour as political. And there is nothing Tim Finchem can do or say to change the minds of many golf fans that this is was not a political move.
This is a huge mistake on the part of the PGA Tour. There will be backlash.
BTW, genius. The event was not dropped. The Title sponsor, Cadillac, seeing slumping sales for it's now less than reliable and over priced sedans, has pulled out of other sponsorship deals as well.
There are far better and less expensive luxury cars on the market. Cadillac also has an image problem as the brand is seen as being targeted to a more urban demographic.
After reading reviews and test results on Cadillac models, I would not buy one with play money. I see three year old Cadillac models on used car lots priced at less than one third of their original sales price.
One other thing. If Trump Doral finds another title sponsor, the course will hold a regular Tour event. As during the weekends of WGC events there is always a regular event for those players not eligible for WGC play.....
So at the end of the day, you whiny ass little libbies who are looking for anything anti Trump, you lose again.....

I'm willing to bet the best players in the world are not going to forsake a chance at a $10 million dollar payday. Mexico is already the #2 destination for American golfers so the WGC event will only serve to draw more Americans into Mexico.
I agree most golf fans are Republican,and I don't think the broad majority of them give a hoot over the politics, they just want to play the game.
This may or may not be a huge mistake and any backlash remains to be see.
Pulled out and dropped is essentially the same thing genius and Trump had almost a year to secure new sponsorship. He could have sponsored the event himself but I doubt he has the money to do so.
Cadillac is doing just fine without your ownership. U.S. News and World Report reported that the Cadillac CTS had a 2016 safety rating of 9.5 to 10 and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration gave it a 5 star rating for overall safety, rollover, side crash and frontal crash.
We will see if Trump finds another sponsor, besides the NRA no one wants anything to do with him.
Us whiny ass libbies don't need to lift a finger making Trump look bad he does so much better when left to his own devices.

That is absolutely hilarious. Mexico. LOL
IKR Add insult to injury
Ouch
The Tour hinted in December that a venue shift was possible shortly after Trump made inflammatory remarks toward Mexicans and immigrants and called for a temporary ban on Muslims from entering the United States.

"We continue to stand by our earlier statement, and the statement of other golf organizations, that Mr. Trump's comments are inconsistent with our strong commitment to an inclusive and welcoming environment in the game of golf," the statement read. "The PGA Tour has had a 53-year commitment to the Doral community, the greater Miami area and the charities that have benefited from the tournament. Given this commitment, we are moving forward with holding the 2016 event at the Blue Monster. Immediately after the completion of the 2016 tournament, we will explore all options regarding the event's future."

Tour moving Doral tournament to Mexico City | Golf Channel

It's funny, but the Doral course is amazing.
Ironically, the Miami area is loaded with those of Cuban descent...who are Trump supporters. LOL

....And he didn't have the business savvy to pull in another sponsor.
Idiot...These things take time.....I cannot wait for a sponsor to come on board and piss on your happy dance.
DumDum, he had a fucking year. It would be nice to have a guy who wants to be president to be able to show that he can get the job done. Not sit back while his minions make excuses.

That is absolutely hilarious. Mexico. LOL
IKR Add insult to injury
Ouch
The Tour hinted in December that a venue shift was possible shortly after Trump made inflammatory remarks toward Mexicans and immigrants and called for a temporary ban on Muslims from entering the United States.

"We continue to stand by our earlier statement, and the statement of other golf organizations, that Mr. Trump's comments are inconsistent with our strong commitment to an inclusive and welcoming environment in the game of golf," the statement read. "The PGA Tour has had a 53-year commitment to the Doral community, the greater Miami area and the charities that have benefited from the tournament. Given this commitment, we are moving forward with holding the 2016 event at the Blue Monster. Immediately after the completion of the 2016 tournament, we will explore all options regarding the event's future."

Tour moving Doral tournament to Mexico City | Golf Channel

It's funny, but the Doral course is amazing.
Ironically, the Miami area is loaded with those of Cuban descent...who are Trump supporters. LOL

You better look at the numbers again, people of color are not known to be fond of racists.

I'm willing to bet the best players in the world are not going to forsake a chance at a $10 million dollar payday. Mexico is already the #2 destination for American golfers so the WGC event will only serve to draw more Americans into Mexico.
I agree most golf fans are Republican,and I don't think the broad majority of them give a hoot over the politics, they just want to play the game.
Pulled out and dropped is essentially the same thing genius and Trump had almost a year to secure new sponsorship. He could have sponsored the event himself but I doubt he has the money to do so.
Cadillac is doing just fine without your ownership. U.S. News and World Report reported that the Cadillac CTS had a 2016 safety rating of 9.5 to 10 and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration gave it a 5 star rating for overall safety, rollover, side crash and frontal crash.
We will see if Trump finds another sponsor, besides the NRA no one wants anything to do with him.
Us whiny ass libbies don't need to lift a finger making Trump look bad he does so much better when left to his own devices.
Just watch what happens.
Us Snooze and World Report takes advertising from auto manufacturers. How could that publication NOT be biased. Besides. USN&WP is not a ratings publication.
Nice try though.

and Trump is a narcissistic fool who continues to rile up his supporters and distractors. He's confused, he really believes the 30 + or - percent who support him will actually be able to elect him POTUS when 60+ % dislike his bullying, bigotry and lack of cohesive reasoning. "Let's make America Great Again" is an absurdity, a bromide and a nostrum,

A new deal, a fair deal is what the vast majority of working men and women want, not some charlatan who tells people what they want to hear in vague and uncertain terms, lacking any consideration by him or his supporters for the consequences should his rhetoric follow him to the Oval Office.

Just watch what happens.
Us Snooze and World Report takes advertising from auto manufacturers. How could that publication NOT be biased. Besides. USN&WP is not a ratings publication.
Nice try though.

DumDum, they reported the findings.

Forum List

Back