Fascism will come disguised as Liberalism

Not a Monkeys Uncle

Diamond Member
Jan 25, 2022

“If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism” Ronald Reagan
Ronald Reagan was prophetic in this interview

God bless the great Ronald Reagan Maximus, a real American to quote a thread I just posted in.

I miss the Gipper. Here is a little better version of the video:

“If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism” Ronald Reagan

God bless the great Ronald Reagan Maximus, a real American to quote a thread I just posted in.

I liked him also, but no Saint Ron. He is the father of the modern gun control movement in America, but people forget. This is from the Christian Science Monitor
1643405091344.png

. . . He is the father of the modern gun control movement in America . . . .

All you are doing is parroting a slanted catchphrase. It means nothing. He is not the father of anything. He may have passed a few laws he wished he didn't, but Republican governors in California who are stuck with Democrat legislatures have no choice. Back then both sides use to compromise, give a little, get a little.

Your characterization of him is totally unfair.

All you are doing is parroting a slanted catchphrase. It means nothing. He is not the father of anything. He may have passed a few laws he wished he didn't, but Republican governors in California who are stuck with Democrat legislatures have no choice. Back then both sides use to compromise, give a little, get a little.

Your characterization of him is totally unfair.
It may be an overstatement, but yes, he did the Mumford Act and gun control continued to grow in America to a life of it's own. I gave you the article. Where is it wrong? I have never thought of the Christian Science Monitor a liberal publication. We used to take it when I was a kid.

It may be an overstatement, but yes, he did the Mumford Act and gun control continued to grow in America to a life of it's own. I gave you the article. Where is it wrong? I have never thought of the Christian Science Monitor a liberal publication. We used to take it when I was a kid.

When Reagan was president those were the days of an entrenched Democrat Congress. He said famously, half a loaf is better than none. He did a few things as POTUS that weren't so hot, but he is one of the greatest presidents in history, and greatest Americans in history..

I do not hold errors against generally great people.

Liberals are the true heirs of the Nazi spirit
James Delingpole talks to Jonah Goldberg about his book on the affinities between the modern Left and the totalitarian movements of the 20th century

James Delingpole talks to Jonah Goldberg about his book on the affinities between the modern Left and the totalitarian movements of the 20th century

Hahahaha Goldberg?

Jonah Goldberg tells us he wrote this book to get even. The liberals started it by “insist[ing] that conservatism has connections with fascism” (p. 22). Conservatives “sit dumbfounded by the nastiness of the slander” (p. 1). “The left wields the term fascism like a cudgel” (p. 3). So Jonah Goldberg has decided it is time to turn the tables and show that “the liberal closet has its own skeletons” (p. 22). After years of being “called a fascist and a Nazi by smug, liberal know-nothings” he decides that “responding to this slander is a point of personal privilege” (p. 392).

Feeling oneself a victim is wonderfully liberating. Anything goes. So Jonah Goldberg pulls out all the stops to show that fascism “is not a phenomenon of the right at all. It is, and always has been, a phenomenon of the left” (p. 7). The reader perceives at once that Goldberg likes to put things into rigid boxes: right and left, conservative and liberal, fascist and non-fascist. He doesn’t leave room for such complexities as convergences, middle grounds, or evolution over time. Thus Father Coughlin was always a man of the left, and so was Mussolini (Giacomo Matteotti or the Rosselli brothers, leaders of the Italian left whom Mussolini had assassinated, would have been scandalized by this view). The very mention of a “Third Way” puts one instantly into the fascist box.

Hahahaha Goldberg?

Jonah Goldberg tells us he wrote this book to get even. The liberals started it by “insist[ing] that conservatism has connections with fascism” (p. 22). Conservatives “sit dumbfounded by the nastiness of the slander” (p. 1). “The left wields the term fascism like a cudgel” (p. 3). So Jonah Goldberg has decided it is time to turn the tables and show that “the liberal closet has its own skeletons” (p. 22). After years of being “called a fascist and a Nazi by smug, liberal know-nothings” he decides that “responding to this slander is a point of personal privilege” (p. 392).

Feeling oneself a victim is wonderfully liberating. Anything goes. So Jonah Goldberg pulls out all the stops to show that fascism “is not a phenomenon of the right at all. It is, and always has been, a phenomenon of the left” (p. 7). The reader perceives at once that Goldberg likes to put things into rigid boxes: right and left, conservative and liberal, fascist and non-fascist. He doesn’t leave room for such complexities as convergences, middle grounds, or evolution over time. Thus Father Coughlin was always a man of the left, and so was Mussolini (Giacomo Matteotti or the Rosselli brothers, leaders of the Italian left whom Mussolini had assassinated, would have been scandalized by this view). The very mention of a “Third Way” puts one instantly into the fascist box.

Trump's policies were all of what the normal backed up. Yet the false Repub shills showed up to demean him because of his agendas. They all knew it. They knew his personality. Frauds.

Thanks to the decades of dumbing down the education system, most Americans don't know the definition of fascism. "Fascist" is just a word you shout at Police Officers when you are busted for smoking dope. Real fascism is government control over the manufacture and distribution of goods and services. Thanks to Covid, the democrat majority in the government and the liberal media we have that now.

Thanks to the decades of dumbing down the education system, most Americans don't know the definition of fascism. "Fascist" is just a word you shout at Police Officers when you are busted for smoking dope. Real fascism is government control over the manufacture and distribution of goods and services. Thanks to Covid, the democrat majority in the government and the liberal media we have that now.

Actually, fascism vs. communism is often wrongly portrayed as extreme right vs, extreme left. hat too is a false narrative. The only difference between fascism and communism is a layer of nationalism that goes with fascism, plus some shell games with who actually owns major industries.

Fascism is here and it is being brought by Republicans. Ronald Reagan was a decent person and he never would be a part of the Trump Republican Party.

• Funny
Reactions: DBA

Jonah Goldberg left Fox News so I think he might have changed his mind.

Fascism looks like this.

mussolini-trump-1227211.jpg

Forum List

Back