🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Fast food CEO on anti Trump protesters: don't show for work get fired.

Fuck it, this is america, you can always find someone else in this power structure looking for an opportunity to exploit you and your labor.
if you are getting paid the wage you agreed to you are not being exploited

If you are living a hand to mouth subsistence you are.

not at all. You voluntarily agreed to take a job knowing what the pay was.
You are free to find an employer that will pay you more anytime you want

And then there's reality. Workers everywhere have been sharecropped out to this pathological version of "capitalism".

Productivity has surged, but income and wages have stagnated for most Americans. If the median household income had kept pace with the economy since 1970, it would now be nearly $92,000, not $50,000.
Screen%20Shot%202013-03-08%20at%2011.36.19%20AM.png

Growth is back...
change-in-gdp-300.gif

...But jobs aren't
change-in-employment-300_0.gif

Sorry, not hiring
The sectors that have contributed the most to the country's overall economic growth have lagged when it comes to creating jobs.
output-and-employment-growth-300.gif

The wage freeze
Increase in real value of the minimum wage since 1990: 21%

Increase in cost of living since 1990: 67%

One year's earnings at the minimum wage: $15,080

Income required for a single worker to have real economic security: $30,000

Working 9 to 7
For Americans as a whole, the length of a typical workweek hasn't changed much in years. But for many middle-class workers, job obligations are creeping into free time and family time. For low-income workers, hours have declined due to a shrinking job market, causing underemployment.
share-employed-people-50more-hours-300.gif

Labor pains
Median yearly earnings of:

Union workers: $47,684

Non-union workers: $37,284

share-wage-salary-workers-unions-300.gif

Dude, Where's My Job?
More and more, US multinationals are laying off workers at home and hiring overseas.
dude-wheres-my-job-300_0.jpg

Proud to be an American
The US is part of a very small club of nations that don't require...
8-640.jpg

Digital overtime
A survey of employed email users finds:

22% are expected to respond to work email when they're not at work.

50% check work email on the weekends.

46% check work email on sick days.

34% check work email while on vacation.

The second shift
Working moms pick up more child care and household duties than working dads—about 80 minutes more every day. Meanwhile, dads enjoy nearly 50 more minutes of watching TV and other leisure activities on a daily basis.
activities-for-moms-dads-300.gif

Chore wars
Thanks, guys—you're pitching in more than twice as much as you did in the '70s. But women still get stuck with the majority of work around the house.

productivity has surged because if technology and NOT the skill of workers
Technology now allows unskilled or semi-skilled people to produce more and higher quality goods than in the past

Think about it years ago a skilled craftsman had to hand turn furniture legs on a lathe he was limited as to how many tables he could complete in a week. Now any moron who can load the wood blanks into the automated lathe and push a button can make hundreds in a week. Productivity went way up but the skill needed was decreased to near zero. Should that guy get paid the same as a master craftsman doing the work by hand?

and what working moms and dads do to split the chores has nothing to do with this topic whatsoever

"productivity has surged because if technology and NOT the skill of workers"

Bullshit.

"and what working moms and dads do to split the chores has nothing to do with this topic whatsoever"

Indeed, take it up with the author.

I did, but I still didn't like the boss..

Odd isn't it, but yeah, that’s our system, the entire thing is built upon an adversarial relationship between employer and employee. And it’s all based upon this dysfunctional notion of how we approach capitalism in america. The goal of the employer is to get as much as he/she can out of an employee while rendering as little compensation in return as possible. And the american style capitalist goal of the employee is to give over to the employer as little as possible for as much compensation in return as possible; all parties pursuing maximization of their own individual profit margins and such.

A very inefficient system at the very least.
actually it's not that you still think like that is the problem

if you are getting paid the wage you agreed to you are not being exploited

And then there's reality. Workers everywhere have been sharecropped out to this pathological version of "capitalism".

Productivity has surged, but income and wages have stagnated for most Americans. If the median household income had kept pace with the economy since 1970, it would now be nearly $92,000, not $50,000.

Growth is back...
change-in-gdp-300.gif

...But jobs aren't

Sorry, not hiring
The sectors that have contributed the most to the country's overall economic growth have lagged when it comes to creating jobs.

The wage freeze

Working 9 to 7
For Americans as a whole, the length of a typical workweek hasn't changed much in years. But for many middle-class workers, job obligations are creeping into free time and family time. For low-income workers, hours have declined due to a shrinking job market, causing underemployment.

Labor pains

Dude, Where's My Job?
More and more, US multinationals are laying off workers at home and hiring overseas.

Proud to be an American
8-640.jpg

Digital overtime

The second shift
Working moms pick up more child care and household duties than working dads—about 80 minutes more every day. Meanwhile, dads enjoy nearly 50 more minutes of watching TV and other leisure activities on a daily basis.

Chore wars
Thanks, guys—you're pitching in more than twice as much as you did in the '70s. But women still get stuck with the majority of work around the house.

Technology now allows unskilled or semi-skilled people to produce more and higher quality goods than in the past

Think about it years ago a skilled craftsman had to hand turn furniture legs on a lathe he was limited as to how many tables he could complete in a week. Now any moron who can load the wood blanks into the automated lathe and push a button can make hundreds in a week. Productivity went way up but the skill needed was decreased to near zero. Should that guy get paid the same as a master craftsman doing the work by hand?

and what working moms and dads do to split the chores has nothing to do with this topic whatsoever

Bullshit.

"and what working moms and dads do to split the chores has nothing to do with this topic whatsoever"

so you're saying the automated lathe operator who only has to push a button has more skill than the craftsman who turned table legs by hand?

Odd isn't it, but yeah, that’s our system, the entire thing is built upon an adversarial relationship between employer and employee. And it’s all based upon this dysfunctional notion of how we approach capitalism in america. The goal of the employer is to get as much as he/she can out of an employee while rendering as little compensation in return as possible. And the american style capitalist goal of the employee is to give over to the employer as little as possible for as much compensation in return as possible; all parties pursuing maximization of their own individual profit margins and such.

I'll manage what I think, thanks.

Growth is back...
change-in-gdp-300.gif

...But jobs aren't

Sorry, not hiring

The wage freeze

Working 9 to 7

Labor pains

Dude, Where's My Job?

Proud to be an American
8-640.jpg

Digital overtime

The second shift

Chore wars

Bullshit.

so you're saying the automated lathe operator who only has to push a button has more skill than the craftsman who turned table legs by hand?

I'm saying your argument has no legs.

as long as you stop blaming everyone else for your lot in life I don't give a fuck what you do

Growth is back...
change-in-gdp-300.gif

...But jobs aren't

Sorry, not hiring

The wage freeze

Working 9 to 7

Labor pains

Dude, Where's My Job?

Proud to be an American
8-640.jpg

Digital overtime

The second shift

Chore wars

Bullshit.

of course it does

laborers of all kinds do not need to possess the skill levels they did 30 years ago

as long as you stop blaming everyone else for your lot in life I don't give a fuck what you do

I'm fine thanks, merely tried to share some societal data with you, nevermind.

meaningless data thanks for nothing

Growth is back...
change-in-gdp-300.gif

...But jobs aren't

Sorry, not hiring

The wage freeze

Working 9 to 7

Labor pains

Dude, Where's My Job?

Proud to be an American
8-640.jpg

Digital overtime

The second shift

Chore wars

Bullshit.

of course it does

laborers of all kinds do not need to possess the skill levels they did 30 years ago

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight Sparky. So there could be no skilled labor shortages.

http://www.centerforamerica.org/pledge/gr/AAMGA_Magazine_Ratzenberger_CFA_Article_8-11.pdf

http://www.homeadvisor.com/r/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Skilled-Labor-Report.pdf

Survey shows growing US shortage of skilled labor

Skilled worker shortage looms for U.S. construction firms

meaningless data thanks for nothing

Keep "believing" my friend.

...the standared corporate approach to stifling any questioning at all...
Some how I doubt your view of buying and selling is all that more noble than mine. Like, you can't be saying that if you drove to the other side of town for supper and found your favorite eatery "closed for protests", that you'd just go hungry till you could come back the next morning for your supper.

...the standared corporate approach to stifling any questioning at all...
Some how I doubt your view of buying and selling is all that more noble than mine. Like, you can't be saying that if you drove to the other side of town for supper and found your favorite eatery "closed for protests", that you'd skip that mean and come back the next day for your supper.

Noble? I'm not arguing what is good, bad or indifferent. I'm merely observing what is.

Bullshit.

of course it does

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight Sparky. So there could be no skilled labor shortages.

http://www.centerforamerica.org/pledge/gr/AAMGA_Magazine_Ratzenberger_CFA_Article_8-11.pdf

http://www.homeadvisor.com/r/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Skilled-Labor-Report.pdf

WHat does that have to do with the fact that technology has increased production more than the increasing skill of laborers?

oh yeah nothing

Bullshit.

of course it does

WHat does that have to do with the fact that technology has increased production more than the increasing skill of laborers?

oh yeah nothing

Still awaiting your data shoog.

of course it does

oh yeah nothing

since you're moving the goal posts and specifying "skilled labor" and not the fact that production has increased (your original point besides the one on your head) which is the point I responded to I'll wait until you get back on topic

of course it does

oh yeah nothing

since you're moving the goal posts and specifying "skilled labor" and not the fact that production has increased (your original point besides the one on your head) which is the point I responded to I'll wait until you get back on topic

The point was never anything other than as the productivity of the american workforce has steadily climbed over time, worker compensation has not. There has indeed been a vast transfer of wealth in american society, just not in the direction we're used to hear corporate statists blather on about. Your economic system is unsustainable, watch. You cannot run an economic system based upon mass consumption by redistribution of societal wealth into the hands of a few elites perched at the top.

oh yeah nothing

The point was never anything other than as the productivity of the american workforce has steadily climbed over time, worker compensation has not. There has indeed been a vast transfer of wealth in american society, just not in the direction we're used to hear corporate statists blather on about. Your economic system is unsustainable, watch. You cannot run an economic system based upon mass consumption by redistribution of societal wealth into the hands of a few elites perched at the top.

and that has nothing to do with the current shortage of skilled labor since technological advances allow low skilled workers to produce more

Wow, what did them people think would happen if they didn't show up for work on a day that they were scheduled to be there due to a reason like this one?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Forum List

Back