Father boards school bus to confront bullies picking on his special needs daughter

This is where parenting comes in. You don't just throw up your hands and whine "kids will be kids" and use that as an excuse to opt out of teaching your kid basic manners and the most elemental human behavior.

My kids wouldn't pick on a girl with issues. They know I would kick their ass. Also, they have a kid with cerebal palsy in their class. they are friends with him and with his siblings. They see him being rolled to school by his brother, and when they spend the night or go shopping with that family, he goes with them. THAT is why you integrate kids. So they are accustomed to people who are different, and so they learn to act like human beings instead of animals.

I've not said the kids shouldn't be punished. The big fault here lies with the 1) the parents of the cp child 2) the parents of the other kids

No one should pick on kids with issues. But it happens. You address it, and go on. You don't charge the bus, and start screaming at other kids about it.

When you force this 'integration' you're talking about, be aware of the problems that WILL come from it.

Instead of moving the girl to a 'special' school....instead, we forced her into a group of normal kids, and now we expect the normal kids to treat her as a normal child. She's not. You can't make her normal. All you can do, is force kids to pretend that she is.

The parent of the needy child, demanded that his child be accepted, and treated as 'normal'. Then when she's picked on, like 99% of other normal kids in schools, with a smack to the head by other kids, or a condom prank, the father freaks out, because his kid is special.

Which is it? Is the child normal? Or 'special'.

Sheesh, what sort of little monster pulls that crap?

Good for your mom, that's exactly what I would have told you as well.

But if I had a special needs kid, I would have been straight on that bus giving those little bastards the straight dope. I would have also given the driver the straight dope.

Yep Mom is an old farm girl she was a fighter and still is.

Please do not use my posts to try to justify your position mmkay?

I'll use what ever posts I want to justify what ever position I want. So not mmmkay.

If you don't like it, that'll just be tough crap for you. :)

Cheers.

Instead of moving the girl to a 'special' school....instead, we forced her into a group of normal kids, and now we expect the normal kids to treat her as a normal child. She's not. You can't make her normal. All you can do, is force kids to pretend that she is.

No one is saying anyone needs to "pretend" that she's normal.

No one is forcing the other kids to be her friend, either.

We're simply saying that slapping her in the back of the head and throwing condoms on her demands justice.

You've got some special needs yourself, home boy.

this is where parenting comes in. you don't just throw up your hands and whine "kids will be kids" and use that as an excuse to opt out of teaching your kid basic manners and the most elemental human behavior.

My kids wouldn't pick on a girl with issues. They know i would kick their ass. Also, they have a kid with cerebal palsy in their class. They are friends with him and with his siblings. They see him being rolled to school by his brother, and when they spend the night or go shopping with that family, he goes with them. That is why you integrate kids. So they are accustomed to people who are different, and so they learn to act like human beings instead of animals.

i've not said the kids shouldn't be punished. The big fault here lies with the 1) the parents of the cp child 2) the parents of the other kids

no one should pick on kids with issues. But it happens. You address it, and go on. You don't charge the bus, and start screaming at other kids about it.

When you force this 'integration' you're talking about, be aware of the problems that will come from it.

The parent of the needy child, demanded that his child be accepted, and treated as 'normal'. Then when she's picked on, like 99% of other normal kids in schools, with a smack to the head by other kids, or a condom prank, the father freaks out, because his kid is special.

do you have children?

Regarding the thread, it's a sad testament that kids would have even considered behaving like this on the bus.

We used to fear the bus driver.. shenanigans like this would have gotten you an insta-beating right there in the middle of the bus..

And another to match when you got home.

Then there's the suspension from school.

this is where parenting comes in. you don't just throw up your hands and whine "kids will be kids" and use that as an excuse to opt out of teaching your kid basic manners and the most elemental human behavior.

My kids wouldn't pick on a girl with issues. They know i would kick their ass. Also, they have a kid with cerebal palsy in their class. They are friends with him and with his siblings. They see him being rolled to school by his brother, and when they spend the night or go shopping with that family, he goes with them. That is why you integrate kids. So they are accustomed to people who are different, and so they learn to act like human beings instead of animals.

i've not said the kids shouldn't be punished. The big fault here lies with the 1) the parents of the cp child 2) the parents of the other kids

no one should pick on kids with issues. But it happens. You address it, and go on. You don't charge the bus, and start screaming at other kids about it.

When you force this 'integration' you're talking about, be aware of the problems that will come from it.

do you have children?

There isn't even the remote possibility.

We're simply saying that slapping her in the back of the head and throwing condoms on her demands justice.

Justice not vigilantism, even from her father..

Let me add also, that if the father came onto the bus without express permission from the bus driver, that is trespassing. PERIOD. You can't just wander onto, or into a school facility full of children without permission, for obvious reasons.

Last edited:

do you have children?

There isn't even the remote possibility.

So you're giving parenting skills lesson when you don't have children of your own. Carry on Dr. spock.

Justice not vigilantism, even from her father.

Some of us don't have 100% faith in the school and legal system to provide adequate justice.

I'll take a disorderly persons offense to protect my child.

It's really not that big of a deal.

sigh...kids are mean, I think we all have seen evidence of that. It doesn't mean adults can threaten kids...the school should handle it.

Some of us don't have 100% faith in the school and legal system to provide adequate justice.

some may not have faith that rape victims won't receive adequate justice either Pualie, do you advocate handling that ourselves to?

And what happens when the father of one of the children you confronted confronts you and someone ends up dead over this?

OH, and this guy COULD be charged with far more than disorderly conduct.

And I ask you again, what sort of message are you sending when you bully kids who were bullying your child?

some may not have faith that rape victims won't receive adequate justice either Pualie, do you advocate handling that ourselves to?

And what happens when the father of one of the children you confronted confronts you and someone ends up dead over this?

OH, and this guy COULD be charged with far more than disorderly conduct.

And I ask you again, what sort of message are you sending when you bully kids who were bullying your child?

If the rape victim is my daughter, I can't say for certain I wouldn't take matters into my own hands. In fact, I can actually say for certain that I WOULD. I'd kill the rapist with my bare hands and take whatever prison sentence was given to me. And I'd do it with a smile on my face the entire time.

The press has already stated that he received disorderly persons and disturbing the peace. Whoopty fucking do.

conhog, my feelings on this type of matter are different now that I have kids, than they were before I had them.

My son is the best thing that ever happened to me. I'd KILL to protect him if I feel it's necessary.

I have a surrogate daughter as well, and I would rip a rapist's dick the fuck off if I was ever fortunate enough to get my hands on him before law enforcement did, had he laid his hands on her.

do you have children?

Two. Both well behaved, and peaceful. I've had to go to the school to deal with issues, 1 time in 10 years of school, between both kids. When the handle on the weight lifting machine broke, and cut his head open. Never for BS like this thread.

Now, how is it possible that my kids have managed to make it through school, without a bunch of petty drama and nonsense?

The answer is simple. A small mid west school, 97% White, and good parenting.

The proof is in the results. My school=no troubles like this. Your school=troubles.

If you cared about your kids to start with, you wouldn't send them somewhere you didn't have faith in.

Forum List

Back