Father boards school bus to confront bullies picking on his special needs daughter

sigh...kids are mean, I think we all have seen evidence of that. It doesn't mean adults can threaten kids...the school should handle it.

The school should, but they didn't, and the dad intervened to protect his daughter.

Are you really suggesting he should have stood by and waited for somebody else to do something, when he was witnessing the abuse taking place and the bus driver doing nothing?

do you have children?

Two. Both well behaved, and peaceful. I've had to go to the school to deal with issues, 1 time in 10 years of school, between both kids. When the handle on the weight lifting machine broke, and cut his head open. Never for BS like this thread.

Now, how is it possible that my kids have managed to make it through school, without a bunch of petty drama and nonsense?

The answer is simple. A small mid west school, 97% White, and good parenting.

The proof is in the results. My school=no troubles like this. Your school=troubles.

I bet you read Dr. spock from front cover to back cover 20 times.

Some of us don't have 100% faith in the school and legal system to provide adequate justice.

I'll take a disorderly persons offense to protect my child.

It's really not that big of a deal.

some may not have faith that rape victims won't receive adequate justice either Pualie, do you advocate handling that ourselves to?

And what happens when the father of one of the children you confronted confronts you and someone ends up dead over this?

OH, and this guy COULD be charged with far more than disorderly conduct.

And I ask you again, what sort of message are you sending when you bully kids who were bullying your child?

If the rape victim is my daughter, I can't say for certain I wouldn't take matters into my own hands. In fact, I can actually say for certain that I WOULD. I'd kill the rapist with my bare hands and take whatever prison sentence was given to me. And I'd do it with a smile on my face the entire time.

The press has already stated that he received disorderly persons and disturbing the peace. Whoopty fucking do.

Then you are insane, and nothing more need be said. This is the United States, not the wilds of Borneo.

The rule of law my friend.

some may not have faith that rape victims won't receive adequate justice either Pualie, do you advocate handling that ourselves to?

And what happens when the father of one of the children you confronted confronts you and someone ends up dead over this?

OH, and this guy COULD be charged with far more than disorderly conduct.

And I ask you again, what sort of message are you sending when you bully kids who were bullying your child?

If the rape victim is my daughter, I can't say for certain I wouldn't take matters into my own hands. In fact, I can actually say for certain that I WOULD. I'd kill the rapist with my bare hands and take whatever prison sentence was given to me. And I'd do it with a smile on my face the entire time.

The press has already stated that he received disorderly persons and disturbing the peace. Whoopty fucking do.

Then you are insane, and nothing more need be said. This is the United States, not the wilds of Borneo.

Yep, if a dude raped my daughter I'd go insane on him.

I'd let him live, just so he can still suffer the consequences in prison where they handle child rapists their OWN way.

uhhh yea... what dumbass thought that was a good idea?

someone trying to save money.

If I had small children I'd be at a loss. I see some of the bus drivers and my skin crawls. And then they pay them shit ... you get what you pay for.

yeah, and they also ask way to much of them. 1 driver and 15 to 20 little kids with no one to help keep the kids in their seats, and no seat belts is wacked lol. I have a CDL and I would not dream of doing that.

I also get a laugh from the fact that I can get in pretty serious trouble for not having my kid in a proper booster seat with a Seat belt. Yet I am told to put him on a bus twice a day with just standard seats with no Belts at all.

Again, money.

So for now, My sons bus is a Saturn :)

Sadly, there's not much the "law" can do to school age monsters.

These kids really aren't nearly as much to blame as their parents are.

Raising heathens to inflict pain on society is a decidedly negative thing. All this dad did was provide the life lesson the kids should have gotten at home.. But obviously didn't.

It's sad that he had to step in and do the job their parents shirked.

Last edited:
We used to fear the bus driver.. shenanigans like this would have gotten you an insta-beating right there in the middle of the bus..

And another to match when you got home.

Then there's the suspension from school.

No joke there.

Now then we have too many 'parents' who rush to the school, and scream at teachers over the tiniest thing. The schools became fearful, to stop the sneaky brats, until something like this happens. A glare from the teacher isn't scary now. It breeds this type of thing.

No more locker room shenanigans.......someone might be offended. No more joking around at lunch....someone might have their feelings hurt. No more dodge ball, someone might get picked last.

We shove all these kids together, and say 'we're all equal and normal'.......then when the kids act like kids, we freak out.

IMVHO, the kids shouldn't have messed with the handicapped child, it shows VERY low class parenting. But, they are kids. Paddle their asses, and move on. Oh, we can't do that, then the paddled kids parents will scream.

The weakest link will usually be 'picked on'. Bus drivers, hired for low pay, and a drivers license, aren't trained to deal with 'special' kids. Mixing them all together, and then being shocked at something like this, is silly.

I'd have respected the dad more, if he'd have contacted the kids parents instead.

I'd have respected the dad more, if he'd have contacted the kids parents instead.

Me too, but it's often useless with kids like this.

Their parents obviously aren't up to the task, or this incident would never have occurred.

Their role is just churning out parasitic trash.. Not parenting.

Freedom. Children should be allowed to carry guns on a school bus.

Or are there limits to the second ammendment?
I never read about having to be an adult to bear arms.

My daughter would have bitched slapped that bully silly if she would have been on that bus.
We need to teach our kids to stand up to bullies.

A 15 year old boy around here just killed himself because he was bullied so much at school.

Kudos to that dad too.

Yep i know all about bitch slapping bullies. :lol:

Good for the dad! No one should be made fun like that, let alone someone who cant fight back

Sadly, there's not much the "law" can do to school age monsters.

These kids really aren't nearly as much to blame as their parents are.

Not now. That's yesterday when we were taught to act right.

In order for the kids to get in trouble now, they have to break a PC rule. Like not be supportive enough of diversity, or pick on a protected group. It gives them way too much freedom to abuse the rules.

This is the result.....they act like little idiots (with their parents approval), until they cross a PC line.

EZ, I'm surprised that as a teacher you would applaud such stupid behavior from a parent. Would you want some parent coming and threatening children under your care no matter what they had done? Of course not, the NON stupid response would have been to request a meeting with the bus driver's supervisor, and or the school board. This fool just opened this school up to all sorts of litigation.

Simple fact, a school is obligated to protect the safety of ALL students, that includes those students who this father accosted. Sorry but that is a fact, so now the school can be sued by both the father of the girl, AND by the fathers of the children that jackass accosted.

not to mention what sort of lesson is "you bully my duaghter, so I bully you?"

Do some of you even think? At all?

and that certainly does not mean the kids shouldn't be punished for their own bad behavior. they should be.

The school bus driver was obligated to protect the girl from the students, and the students from the dad.
He failed and should lose his job. Ideally he would be prosecuted. If he had been doing his job, none of it would have happened.

Cut the driver some slack dude. You do realize the are suppose to keep their eyes on the road. Blame the schools who have drivers drive so many kids with out another person on board to keep the kids in line while he drives.

Asking the driver to keep an eye on the mirror and make sure nobody is getting picked on in a huge group of kids, while he drives the bus, is asking for accidents.

Freedom. Children should be allowed to carry guns on a school bus.

Or are there limits to the second ammendment?
I never read about having to be an adult to bear arms.

Hmm never thought of that. But then they do address how old you have to be to vote. :)

Hmm and which is more dangerous?

Well my point was if you took this question you have brought up to the courts I would bet they would use the voting age, to say that is when you can bare arms as well.

What about the rest of the kids on the bus who laughed, joined in or did nothing?
Parents don't teach their kids anything any more.

What about the rest of the kids on the bus who laughed, joined in or did nothing?

Anymore? what planet did you grow up on. When I was in grade school many years ago :) kids were every bit the assholes they are today. It's a group thing. They all want to fit in. When they see it they simply copy each others behavior. Most of those who think about doing something about it, probably do not out of fear of being the next target. So they either be quiet or join in to fit in.

been that way forever bud.

Last edited:

Anymore? what planet did you grow up on. When I was in grade school many years ago :) kids were every bit the assholes they are today. It's a group thing. They all want to fit in. When they see it they simply copy each others behavior. Most of those who think about doing something about it, probably do not out of fear of being the next target. So they either be quiet or join in to fit in.

been that way forever bud.

Kids? Have you been down in the flame forum lately?

Forum List

Back