Father boards school bus to confront bullies picking on his special needs daughter

Hitting other children is unacceptable behavior, regardless of their status. When I was in school , back in the 80's , certainly we had fights everyday, it was no big deal to punch someone or get punched then go about your business and the school would paddle someone or such, and that was the end of it, but in today's society, it is unacceptable, and dangerous. It is just as likely that that father wold have boarded that school bus with a gun and shot everyone on board. THAT reality is why schools need to be vigilant about such behavior and stomp it hard when they do see it.

The girl's mental state is really irrelevant to this story except as a means to garner further sympathy. The fact you feel it makes her less than human makes YOU irrelevant.

It's unacceptable in today's society, because of parents like the father in this thread. Too many drama queen freak-outs.

You grew up that '80's style' way.......did you turn into some monster who bullies, and rapes small animals? I'll assume you didn't. Am I wrong?

People need to not be helicopter parents, hovering over their kids. There are limits.

And I never said the girl was less than human. I'm saying public schools aren't equipped to deal with 'special' cases. There are 'special' schools for that.

Call the child anything you like, but she's not normal. It's not her fault, and it doesn't mean she should be tossed over the cliff. But she's not now, and will never be 'normal'. Putting her in a group of normal kids, and expecting things like this not to happen, is insane.

'Subjecting' them, may sound harsh......'Exposing' them just sounds wrong.

What word would you prefer?

And exposing them sounds about right, as long as you word it correctly:

Edited:
If the father cared about kids in general, he wouldn't expose his child to a group of children who have not reached a level of maturity where they could handle themselves appropriately.

I still disagree with it, but it certainly gets your point across better.

We grew up with retarded kids in the projects. They got protection, not picked on.

Then again we were not White Middle Class or Ghetto. We were projects rats who learned how to treat people by being exposed to all.

Most of you have it ass backwards.

---

we also grew up with kids with all kinds of special needs. they got picked on -- by us, but let others do anything and they faced the wrath of a group of project rats.

not all teasing and picking on is equal. Where adults are present it is criminal

Last edited:
where I grew up most parents in this situation would be on that bus in no time at all, special needs or not. get a life.

If it were my child I'd also find out who the parents of the other kids were and try talking to them. But I'd definitely have had a talk with the bus driver -- off the bus -- off hours.

Adults who have children in their care are responsible for the safety of the children. It's the law.

Felony, in ALL jurisdictions, whether off duty or not, you can't threaten school employees in conjunction with their jobs.

Talking is a felony?

I get that you think Dante is using a euphemism, but in this case I think Dante really does mean talking.

and you and I both know that any such talk would quickly escalate into a heated argument. Even if not, totally inappropriate response. Our school policy is that you call the vice Principal if you have a situation and if he can't handle it he'll send you to someone who can. teachers,janitors, cafeteria workers, etc etc are all instructed not to discuss such things with parents. There is a reason for that of course. That being that a school has to be very careful about what a parent is told in such situations and only an individual who is trained in what can and can't be said needs to be answering those questions. IE teacher says such and such will be done not knowing that legally it cant be done and ends up getting the school sued.

'Subjecting' them, may sound harsh......'Exposing' them just sounds wrong.

What word would you prefer?

And exposing them sounds about right, as long as you word it correctly:

Edited:
If the father cared about kids in general, he wouldn't expose his child to a group of children who have not reached a level of maturity where they could handle themselves appropriately.

I still disagree with it, but it certainly gets your point across better.

We grew up with retarded kids in the projects. They got protection, not picked on.

Then again we were not White Middle Class or Ghetto. We were projects rats who learned how to treat people by being exposed to all.

Most of you have it ass backwards.

Thats why I said I disagree with it.

Make children learn as early as possible what it's like in the real world. Obviously there needs to be some acclimation if they are pretty young, little-at-a-time baby steps, but by the age of the children in the story, they KNOW that this was waaaay out of line behavior.

/I love run-on sentences.

Felony, in ALL jurisdictions, whether off duty or not, you can't threaten school employees in conjunction with their jobs.

Talking is a felony?

I get that you think Dante is using a euphemism, but in this case I think Dante really does mean talking.

and you and I both know that any such talk would quickly escalate into a heated argument. Even if not, totally inappropriate response.

But I don't know that. It would depend on how it was presented.

where I grew up most parents in this situation would be on that bus in no time at all, special needs or not. get a life.

If it were my child I'd also find out who the parents of the other kids were and try talking to them. But I'd definitely have had a talk with the bus driver -- off the bus -- off hours.

Adults who have children in their care are responsible for the safety of the children. It's the law.

Talking is a felony?

Off duty with no witnesses, talking can take many a path. It all depends on what transpires. Adults who work with kids need to start protecting them instead of diddling them.

If an adult needed help, after a talking I am sure help could arranged. At a few bus stops a few big ugly men with hard stares would make most teens shit their pants -- with no words spoken

Talking is a felony?

Off duty with no witnesses, talking can take many a path. It all depends on what transpires. Adults who work with kids need to start protecting them instead of diddling them.

If an adult needed help, after a talking I am sure help could arranged. At a few bus stops a few big ugly men with hard stares would make most teens shit their pants -- with no words spoken

OK ConHog.

You were right, in Dante's case talking would likely lead to felony.

Hell yeah. I know I would be on top of it. It is only human nature to feel an strong almost irrational desire to protect your kids at all costs. This is precisely why I will not allow my 5 year old son to ride a bus with Junior High kids. Because I know it would only be a matter of time before I found myself confronted with the uncontrollable desire to throttle some puck as junior high kids who found it funny to pick on my kid or try and get him to do stuff he should not be doing at his age.

Frankly I think it is pure insanity that my district is asking preschoolers to ride with Junior high school age kids.

More buses and drivers equals taxes. :redface:

But I would be outraged if a system had a child of mine riding with older kids without adequate supervision.

Hell yeah. I know I would be on top of it. It is only human nature to feel an strong almost irrational desire to protect your kids at all costs. This is precisely why I will not allow my 5 year old son to ride a bus with Junior High kids. Because I know it would only be a matter of time before I found myself confronted with the uncontrollable desire to throttle some puck as junior high kids who found it funny to pick on my kid or try and get him to do stuff he should not be doing at his age.

Frankly I think it is pure insanity that my district is asking preschoolers to ride with Junior high school age kids.

uhhh yea... what dumbass thought that was a good idea?

someone trying to save money.

Talking is a felony?

OK ConHog.

With no charge. I think most drivers would be on the side of the talking parent.

You people always jump to pussy-assed conclusions. A talk would start with 'what is going on' 'what are you doing' and 'what help do you need' and then if some dope started talking threats -- they'd get a clue.

when your child is involved, I say do what needs to be done within the law, while skirting the law. Fuck, a child's safety is not a debate topic.

Drivers and others who work with kids need to get assistance but they also need to protect the kids in their care -- it's the law.

uhhh yea... what dumbass thought that was a good idea?

someone trying to save money.

If I had small children I'd be at a loss. I see some of the bus drivers and my skin crawls. And then they pay them shit ... you get what you pay for.

OK ConHog.

With no charge. I think most drivers would be on the side of the talking parent.

You people always jump to pussy-assed conclusions. A talk would start with 'what is going on' 'what are you doing' and 'what help do you need' and then if some dope started talking threats -- they'd get a clue.

when your child is involved, I say do what needs to be done within the law, while skirting the law. Fuck, a child's safety is not a debate topic.

Drivers and others who work with kids need to get assistance but they also need to protect the kids in their care -- it's the law.

And in NO case is "having a private talk when the bus driver is off the clock" the appropriate response you chuckle head. If you go to the DMV and get poor service do you go around back and wait for the clerk to get off so you can "have a private chat?" or do you speak to their supervisor? Actually knowing you, I can imagine it being the former, and that is borderline illegal in itself.

What's difficult about it?

I'm sorry, but the child isn't normal. If it was a normal child, would this even be an issue? I'd say no.

The father didn't want his child treated as a normal child would be treated, with normal social interaction....he wanted her treated 'SPECIAL'.....protected above the normal standards.

We'd like to think that the world is all sunshine and flowers, and bunnies. It's not. Kids that are too different, get picked on.

Send the girl to a school with other 'special' kids, and the problem is solved.

You don't charge on a bus and start raving like an idiot, because YOU insisted on that your kid be treated 'special'. The father is a drama queen.

You people grew up in a different world. Where I come from there would be no witnesses and the driver would not dare go to the police unless they were explicitly threatened with physical violence. I also said I'd help the driver of need be.

I think parents need to take a few days off and stand around and intimidate the bullies. If the bullies are not afraid .. I have other solutions. All not pretty.

When the state cannot protect children, Houston, we have a problem.

And this thread shows what it leads to.

No, this thread shows that kids aren't taught to stand up to bullies, and let these little punks do what they want to helpless people.

Nonsense.

This thread shows that you take a group of normal kids, and throw in one 'special' one, that this is what you get.

You think this father taught these kids compassion? No. He taught them (since he's bigger and meaner), the opposite lesson he was shooting for.

Or maybe he wasn't trying to teach these kids a 'lesson', maybe he just didn't like HIS kid that was thrust into a group of normal kids, made fun of.

Send all the 'special' kids to 'special' schools. If the father cared about kids in general, he wouldn't subject the normal kids to his kid.

There are 'punks' all over. There's even punks as adults. The father threw a raw piece of meat into a group of lion-punk-kids.....what did he think would happen? That all those kids would just accept his child as 'normal'? SHE'S not normal. She's 'special'.

Of course she'll be picked on.

Excuse me? place a special needs child with a group of other children and that what you get? Special needs children are not ojects to be poked fun at. I am a big guy and would not have a problem and could get away picking on other people. But I don't do that people even special needs children have feelings and deserve respect.

Dad threatens kids who teased girl- The New Haven Register - Serving New Haven, Connecticut

A father furious because his 13-year-old daughter who suffers from cerebral palsy had been bullied stormed onto a school bus and threatened the children who teased her, deputies said.

He told deputies the boys placed an open condom on his daughter’s head, smacked her on the back of her head, twisted her ear and shouted rude comments at her, the report said.

[youtube]aoKMIH3riZA[/youtube]

There's bus camera video of a kid putting the condom on the girl's head, and the whole fucking bus bursts into laughter at the girl.

I can't find that video but it's been played on the news stations.

Dad says he told the school. School says he didn't. I don't know the real story, and I don't fucking care.

This dude did what ANY parent would want to do in this situation. I'm sure a bunch of kids who get enjoyment over alternative uses for condoms aren't going to be all that emotionally distressed over a couple cuss words and some much deserved threats.

Dude's my hero.
I would have done the same thing. Getting arrested would have been worth it.

Dad threatens kids who teased girl- The New Haven Register - Serving New Haven, Connecticut

A father furious because his 13-year-old daughter who suffers from cerebral palsy had been bullied stormed onto a school bus and threatened the children who teased her, deputies said.

He told deputies the boys placed an open condom on his daughter’s head, smacked her on the back of her head, twisted her ear and shouted rude comments at her, the report said.

[youtube]aoKMIH3riZA[/youtube]

There's bus camera video of a kid putting the condom on the girl's head, and the whole fucking bus bursts into laughter at the girl.

I can't find that video but it's been played on the news stations.

Dad says he told the school. School says he didn't. I don't know the real story, and I don't fucking care.

This dude did what ANY parent would want to do in this situation. I'm sure a bunch of kids who get enjoyment over alternative uses for condoms aren't going to be all that emotionally distressed over a couple cuss words and some much deserved threats.

Dude's my hero.
I would have done the same thing. Getting arrested would have been worth it.

It is he-said she-said. Remember? Wouldn't you first talk to the school about it?
All we know is what is on the video. Perhaps no one picked on HIS daughter.

Last edited:
I feel for this guy.

The schools and bus drivers are so afraid of a law suit they sit by and allow kids to be victimized all the time. When a parent goes off about it, they call the cops on the parent.

I feel for the girl even more.

Kids are just getting crueler by the day. I'm certainly not innocent, I did my share. But never anyone who was special needs.

We had a couple special needs kids, and they were well liked by everyone. They had many friends.

This shit HERE though? This is fucked up.

I'm not really sure why a girl with CP is in a regular school though.

Because the Americans with Disabilities Act says that's where she belongs.

Lots of kids with cerebal palsy attend at "regular" schools. We have one at our school, even. I remember kids with cp when I was growing up, and in my sons' classes. We don't warehouse kids anymore.

EZ, I'm surprised that as a teacher you would applaud such stupid behavior from a parent. Would you want some parent coming and threatening children under your care no matter what they had done? Of course not, the NON stupid response would have been to request a meeting with the bus driver's supervisor, and or the school board. This fool just opened this school up to all sorts of litigation.

Simple fact, a school is obligated to protect the safety of ALL students, that includes those students who this father accosted. Sorry but that is a fact, so now the school can be sued by both the father of the girl, AND by the fathers of the children that jackass accosted.

not to mention what sort of lesson is "you bully my duaghter, so I bully you?"

Do some of you even think? At all?

and that certainly does not mean the kids shouldn't be punished for their own bad behavior. they should be.

Last edited:
OMFG! Ghetto! I love it. I usually don't watch the stupid videos posted here. Reading the story is enough. :lol:

what a bunch of pussies. They pick on a special needs kid and they report the dad?

man, if I went home with this story, my mom and every other adult would've embarrassed me and a good whipping would have been coming.

Fucking kids called the police and whined to their parents?

their parents need the ass whooping if they didn't whoop their kids

the guy did nothing. He just went on and straightened a few bullies out.

moral of the story: I bet people think twice about picking on his daughter again. :lol:

good jib Dad.

Last edited:
I'll bet money he talked to the school previously.

We have the right to fucking defend our kids, regardless of where they're at. We are required, by law, to place them in school. We trust that they will be protected while in school. The dad should have targeted the bus driver, not the kids. I would have kicked that fucker's ass.

Not only that, but then when the dad comes onto the bus and starts giving the kids shit (which they richly deserved) the bus driver did NOTHING except radio out. What a fucking loser, he doesn't deserve that job.

Forum List

Back