Father gets manslaughter after son shoots 3yo

Father whose 11-year-old son 'shot and killed' three-year-old boy with his gun in Detroit found guilty of manslaughter
  • Curry Bryson's 11-year-old son was accused of shooting a 3-year-old dead
  • Bryson had stored his handgun in a closet in a 'grossly negligent manner'
  • Older child threw the gun out the window and collected it later, police said
  • Gun was fired inside a car and Elijah Walker was fatally shot in the face
  • Bryson was found guilty of involuntary manslaughter & a firearms charge
  • Older boy was cleared of manslaughter because he is mentally disabled

Read more: Father whose son, 11, 'shot and killed' boy, 3, guilty of manslaughter
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

YES.

Its about time the parents/adults were held responsible for the gun deaths of children.

This man got off easy but my bet is he was prosecuted because he's black. When whites are also held responsible, I'll see that differently.

Wow! Two levels of stupidity all at once!

Bravo!

In my opinion, a child should know by the age of 11 what it is that they shouldn't be getting themselves into, therefore, it should be the child who is found guilty of manslaughter.

God bless you and his victim's family always!!!

Holly

Its about time the parents/adults were held responsible for the gun deaths of children.

This man got off easy but my bet is he was prosecuted because he's black. When whites are also held responsible, I'll see that differently.

You KNOW thats the reason. How many white parents has this happened too and how many convictions were given to the parents? I bet that number is waaaaay off.
No one cares about what "you bet". Show us some statistics or go kick rocks.

You KNOW thats the reason. How many white parents has this happened too and how many convictions were given to the parents? I bet that number is waaaaay off.

Stats on what smartass?

Stats on what smartass?
Are you retarded? Why didnt you just look at the post YOU made that i responded to?

The Father broke the Law, that CAUSED the killing of this 3 year old.

With "gross negligence" he stored his loaded gun....this is what the article states and was determined.

the article also states his 11 year old son, was Mentally DISABLED, that's usually the nice way of saying his 11 yr old child, was retarded.... (Pay attention TheGreatGoose head, the child was not evil)

Father whose 11-year-old son 'shot and killed' three-year-old boy with his gun in Detroit found guilty of manslaughter

Read more: Father whose son, 11, 'shot and killed' boy, 3, guilty of manslaughter

YES.

Whites are more safe and responsible. I am surprised you didn't say the gun did it. Retard.

good point------I am not GUN knowledgable-------but it seems to me that GUNS
should have some kind of DIFFICULT to overcome safety device HOOKED on for
when they are not IN USE
That is called a trigger lock.

With "gross negligence" he stored his loaded gun....this is what the article states and was determined.

the article also states his 11 year old son, was Mentally DISABLED, that's usually the nice way of saying his 11 yr old child, was retarded.... (Pay attention TheGreatGoose head, the child was not evil)
Neither is the father, or the gun. Libtards on the other hand are evil retarded wussies.

YES.

Whites are more safe and responsible. I am surprised you didn't say the gun did it. Retard.

when they are not IN USE

yes-----they should be VERY EASY FOR AN ADULT to set it TIGHT and impossible
for a toddler-------in fact a key might be a good idea---or come kind of combination safety

I

YES.

when they are not IN USE

yes-----they should be VERY EASY FOR AN ADULT to set it TIGHT and impossible
for a toddler-------in fact a key might be a good idea---or come kind of combination safety
have a box full of long shank locks with keys, you loop them thru the barrel and trigger guard, can't fire gun. My daughter knows I have guns loaded in the house, never been a problem.

Neither is the father, or the gun. Libtards on the other hand are evil retarded wussies.
Yes, of course you would have this opinion, especially if it were your 3 yr old son killed due to GROSS NEGLIGENCE..... :rolleyes:

In my opinion, a child should know by the age of 11 what it is that they shouldn't be getting themselves into, therefore, it should be the child who is found guilty of manslaughter.

Holly
Holly? Did you read this part of the article?

-Bryson had stored his handgun in a closet in a 'grossly negligent manner'
  • Older (11yr old) boy was cleared of manslaughter because he is mentally disabled

The boy was MENTALLY DISABLED,

WHY would you say that he should have known better?

The Father stored the LOADED GUN in a GROSSLY NEGLIGENT MANNER....

Involuntary Manslaughter is the RIGHT charge imo.

YES.

This a is miscarriage of justice and dangerous sign that liberals will have no problem jailing gun owners for any reason.

Last edited:

Yes, of course you would have this opinion, especially if it were your 3 yr old son killed due to GROSS NEGLIGENCE..... :rolleyes:
Of course I would want them both hung from the nearest tree. That's why cooler heads must prevail.

Of course I would want them both hung from the nearest tree. That's why cooler heads must prevail.
I had an employee, a Buyer of mine, who went out drinking with another employee of mine, a District Sales Manager, (they were best friends) after they were done packing up the left over merchandise for a store of ours that was being closed.

They both got drunk, and on the drive home, my Buyer, who was driving, lost control and went head on, in to a telephone pole, he was wearing his seat belt and had a driver's side air bag, not a scratch...my District Manager was killed, decapitated when he was thrown out of the car through the Sun roof...he was not wearing his seat belt...(but always refused to wear one, regardless of the law, because he was in an accident when he was younger where his car went in to a lake, his passenger could not get his seat belt undone and drowned so Jerry never wore one from that day forward)...

My Buyer was charged with involuntary manslaughter....he paid 5k for a lawyer who got him probation for 2 years in a deal and never spent a day in jail, he was back to work just 3 weeks after the accident...and he was able to drive, back and forth to work only, a restricted driver's license so his driver's privileges were not even completely taken away...

Jerry's parents and surviving teen daughter did not want any charges brought against my buyer because they knew it was an accident and knew my buyer was Jerry's best friend and in enough pain from knowing he killed him.... cops had him charged anyway...

INVOLUNTARY MANSLAUGHTER seems like a FAIR charge for his GROSS NEGLIGENCE by NOT securely storing his gun with a mentally disabled child around....

My buyer was negligent as well, for driving while intoxicated.... thus INVOLUNTARY manslaughter, NOT Voluntary manslaughter.

Last edited:

Holly
Holly? Did you read this part of the article?

-Bryson had stored his handgun in a closet in a 'grossly negligent manner'

• Older (11yr old) boy was cleared of manslaughter because he is mentally disabled

The boy was MENTALLY DISABLED,

WHY would you say that he should have known better?

The Father stored the LOADED GUN in a GROSSLY NEGLIGENT MANNER....

Involuntary Manslaughter is the RIGHT charge imo.
I'll admit that I did not read the story, so thank you for filling me in on it. Of course this changes how I look at the picture. May that man fry for not keeping his gun locked up.

God bless you and the boy and the victim's family always!!!

Holly

YES.

Tissue?

Forum List

Back