Father gets manslaughter after son shoots 3yo

What happens to the parents when kids drown in the swimming pool or fall?

Progressives are control freaks... Lol

I'm sorry ALL of this has happened....I'm certain the father and owner of the gun never in a million years thought this would happen....but IT DID HAPPEN, and a 3 year old is DEAD because of it...people don't usually use the legal term of gross negligence unless the person truly did not take the steps that a normal human being would take under the same circumstances as a precaution....or simply as 'common sense',

And this man did NOT take that precaution seriously, when he should have done so and most normal people would have done so....

Hopefully this will make other parents, do their due diligence, and keep their loaded guns, out of the hands of their minor and/or mentally disabled children....seriously, how hard can that really be?

Involuntary manslaughter charge is appropriate....for this case.

I had an employee, a Buyer of mine, who went out drinking with another employee of mine, a District Sales Manager, (they were best friends) after they were done packing up the left over merchandise for a store of ours that was being closed.

They both got drunk, and on the drive home, my Buyer, who was driving, lost control and went head on, in to a telephone pole, he was wearing his seat belt and had a driver's side air bag, not a scratch...my District Manager was killed, decapitated when he was thrown out of the car through the Sun roof...he was not wearing his seat belt...(but always refused to wear one, regardless of the law, because he was in an accident when he was younger where his car went in to a lake, his passenger could not get his seat belt undone and drowned so Jerry never wore one from that day forward)...

My Buyer was charged with involuntary manslaughter....he paid 5k for a lawyer who got him probation for 2 years in a deal and never spent a day in jail, he was back to work just 3 weeks after the accident...and he was able to drive, back and forth to work only, a restricted driver's license so his driver's privileges were not even completely taken away...

Jerry's parents and surviving teen daughter did not want any charges brought against my buyer because they knew it was an accident and knew my buyer was Jerry's best friend and in enough pain from knowing he killed him.... cops had him charged anyway...

INVOLUNTARY MANSLAUGHTER seems like a FAIR charge for his GROSS NEGLIGENCE by NOT securely storing his gun with a mentally disabled child around....

My buyer was negligent as well, for driving while intoxicated.... thus INVOLUNTARY manslaughter, NOT Voluntary manslaughter.

In your story, should you be charged with murder? Since we want to charge ancillary third parties, should you be held accountable for the torts of others?

Forum List

Back