Father of boy killed by illegal immigrant to meet with Trump

If Americans go into a country they shouldnt, and get arrested, leftists are OK with their punishment. "they shouldnt have been there in the first place" they say.
Someone comes into our land and they dont want them punished.
WTF?
I didn't say I didn't want them punished, did I? I said I don't want one illegal gang member held up as a poster child of ALL illegals here working in this country.

If Americans go into a country they shouldnt, and get arrested, leftists are OK with their punishment. "they shouldnt have been there in the first place" they say.
Someone comes into our land and they dont want them punished.
WTF?
I didn't say I didn't want them punished, did I? I said I don't want one illegal gang member held up as a poster child of ALL illegals here working in this country.
That was a general statement. You know i have no problem calling you out specifically lol

Trump is being a dink.

He has been pulling together parents of victims of illegals to argue his deportation policies since his campaign. It's cheap emotional theater and all it does is reinforce Trump's dislike of Hispanics. Do you think the American public knows who is here legally just from seeing someone on the street or in the store? Trump takes one or five illegal immigrants who are criminal and violent, holds them up as an example of all.
It is divisive and it is basically making this country even more divided.

Trump is being a dink.
ummm, illegals arent all criminals?
They don't all kill people and they aren't all in gangs. That's my point.
What about theft, robbery, hit and runs, assault, drinking and driving, etc, etc, etc. People have more to worry about than just gangs and murder.
I used that example because that is the example Trump is using at the moment.
Yes, we have plenty to worry about, but those crimes are not primarily caused by illegals in this country. I have nothing against strong borders and I have nothing against deportation of illegals. I defer to the people who know more about it than I do who say if we deport ALL of them we'll have an economic mess on our hands. Not all of those people are Democrats--I have heard Republican legislators say the same.

The only thing I object to is the way Trump is slandering brown people with his tactics. He may be mollifying his base, but he is disenfranchising a large portion of this country--not just Hispanics (and there are a LOT of them here legally for generations, btw) but the people who refuse to swallow a falsely created argument based on pure emotion--and not a good one.

Trump is being a dink.

He has been pulling together parents of victims of illegals to argue his deportation policies since his campaign. It's cheap emotional theater and all it does is reinforce Trump's dislike of Hispanics. Do you think the American public knows who is here legally just from seeing someone on the street or in the store? Trump takes one or five illegal immigrants who are criminal and violent, holds them up as an example of all.
It is divisive and it is basically making this country even more divided.

Trump is being a dink.
ummm, illegals arent all criminals?
They don't all kill people and they aren't all in gangs. That's my point.
What about theft, robbery, hit and runs, assault, drinking and driving, etc, etc, etc. People have more to worry about than just gangs and murder.
I used that example because that is the example Trump is using at the moment.
Yes, we have plenty to worry about, but those crimes are not primarily caused by illegals in this country. I have nothing against strong borders and I have nothing against deportation of illegals. I defer to the people who know more about it than I do who say if we deport ALL of them we'll have an economic mess on our hands. Not all of those people are Democrats--I have heard Republican legislators say the same.

The only thing I object to is the way Trump is slandering brown people with his tactics. He may be mollifying his base, but he is disenfranchising a large portion of this country--not just Hispanics (and there are a LOT of them here legally for generations, btw) but the people who refuse to swallow a falsely created argument based on pure emotion--and not a good one.
I have a thread about how to deal with illegals and actually FIX the problem. Not just silly bandaids like walls.
One of them was the "Economic mess" that coudl cause. Wanna know how to end that? Work requirements for welfare. If the able bodied wont work with all the new jobs, kick them off.

Forum List

Back