FBI opened investigation Feared Trump secretly working for Russians

In the days after President Trump fired James B. Comey as F.B.I. director, law enforcement officials became so concerned by the president’s behavior that they began investigating whether he had been working on behalf of Russia against American interests, according to former law enforcement officials and others familiar with the investigation.

The inquiry carried explosive implications. Counterintelligence investigators had to consider whether the president’s own actions constituted a possible threat to national security. Agents also sought to determine whether Mr. Trump was knowingly working for Russia or had unwittingly fallen under Moscow’s influence.

F.B.I. Opened Inquiry Into Whether Trump Was Secretly Working on Behalf of Russia
FBI reportedly investigated whether Trump was a secret agent for Russia | Daily Mail Online

Just shows how unfit Trump is for office.

Pointing out that someone is irrelevant to the discussion, is not really defending them.

Nor is it strange.

My point stands. As you did not even address it.

Putin is irrelevant to our need for an FBI, that does it's job, and not one that engages in partisan politics.

Your red baiting is not an argument against that.

Sounds like something straight from a Russian troll farm

I despise Trump as POTUS, want him gone yesterday - but I don't see the big deal about the OP story.

Okay...so the FBI investigated Trump.

But as some FBI/ex-FBI dude said on CNN, the threshold for starting such an investigation is quite low.

Former Comey assistant breaks down NYT bombshell - CNN Video

And America is a 'innocent until proven guilty' country - not the other way around.

The important thing to me is, not that they started an investigation but what did they find during said investigation.

And what exactly was that?
Would bet that info has been turned over to Mueller. It is just astounding that so many think it is a nothing burger when the president of the united states is placed under investigation for fear of being a Russian asset. Incredible

I will say again - innocent until proven guilty.

I am not going to condemn anyone for anything JUST because they were investigated.

That is neither right nor fair.
I can agree. The point is that they had to open an investigation in the first place. Do you think it is a nothing burger that the nation's highest law enforcement has such reservations about Trump they have to open an investigation because. they fear national security is at risk? You have to look at Trump's conduct post-election. Lesh makes very good points on that score.
they opened an investigation into hillary also. she just called something else and demanded the FBI do also.

i mean, words matter, right?

you are so hellbent on being "right emotionally" you dont care how. AOC would love you.

they opened an investigation into hillary also

They did...and very publicly...in the middle of an election run. They did NOT make their interest in Trump public during that time.

The investigation of Clinton yielded essentially nothing by the way

In the days after President Trump fired James B. Comey as F.B.I. director, law enforcement officials became so concerned by the president’s behavior that they began investigating whether he had been working on behalf of Russia against American interests, according to former law enforcement officials and others familiar with the investigation.

The inquiry carried explosive implications. Counterintelligence investigators had to consider whether the president’s own actions constituted a possible threat to national security. Agents also sought to determine whether Mr. Trump was knowingly working for Russia or had unwittingly fallen under Moscow’s influence.

FBI reportedly investigated whether Trump was a secret agent for Russia | Daily Mail Online

Yikes, is this the same FBI that's lost all credibility?
It hasn’t lost credibility except to imbecile trumpscum

Always great to hear from someone that doesn't have a clue.

F.B.I. Opened Inquiry Into Whether Trump Was Secretly Working on Behalf of Russia

Just shows how unfit Trump is for office.
And? :114:

-Geaux

they opened an investigation into hillary also

They did...and very publicly...in the middle of an election run. They did NOT make their interest in Trump public during that time.

The investigation of Clinton yielded essentially nothing by the way

Maybe because she brought 8 lawyers with her to the FBI interview. 8 lawyers, you know because she was innocent. :auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:

I despise Trump as POTUS, want him gone yesterday - but I don't see the big deal about the OP story.

Okay...so the FBI investigated Trump.

But as some FBI/ex-FBI dude said on CNN, the threshold for starting such an investigation is quite low.

Former Comey assistant breaks down NYT bombshell - CNN Video

And America is a 'innocent until proven guilty' country - not the other way around.

The important thing to me is, not that they started an investigation but what did they find during said investigation.

And what exactly was that?
Would bet that info has been turned over to Mueller. It is just astounding that so many think it is a nothing burger when the president of the united states is placed under investigation for fear of being a Russian asset. Incredible

I will say again - innocent until proven guilty.

I am not going to condemn anyone for anything JUST because they were investigated.

That is neither right nor fair.
I can agree. The point is that they had to open an investigation in the first place. Do you think it is a nothing burger that the nation's highest law enforcement has such reservations about Trump they have to open an investigation because. they fear national security is at risk? You have to look at Trump's conduct post-election. Lesh makes very good points on that score.

Yes...I think ALL investigations are 'nothing burgers' until the evidence is revealed.

I refuse to condemn ANYONE simply because they are under investigation.

You want to differ - go ahead.

No it is the same FBI that safeguards this nation from national security threats.
Like 9/11
Blaming the FBI for 9/11 now? I am beyond words.

Yup, that happens when you run out of BS.

But as some FBI/ex-FBI dude said on CNN, the threshold for starting such an investigation is very low.

Who the fuck was that because it's complete nonsense.

The threshold for opening a counterintel investigation on a sitting President has to be incredibly HIGH

They were concerned about "things" that were happening in this arena during the first months of the Trump Admin (the Flynn period) but were unsure as to what they should do if anything. This was unprecedented.

When Trump fired Comey...and made it public that Russia was a big part of why...that triggered them to proceed.

Keep in mind, Trump held a private meeting in the Oval Office the next day with the Russian Ambassador and NO ONE from the US. It was an unscheduled meeting. It was not made public in this country.
The reason we know it occurred is because RUSSIA made it public and in that meeting Trump told Kislyak that he fired Comey to relieve pressure on "the Russia thing". He also gave the Russians secret information that totally freaked out the Israelis.

Again we know this because the RUSSIANS made it public (with pictures). Putin screwed Trump. He let Trump know just what could happen.Whatever Putin has on Trump could be released publicly at any time...

What was Trump's response to this breach of faith by Putin? He became even more obsequious...

Look...I am NOT talking about other evidence. I am SOLELY talking about the OP-mentioned FBI investigation. NOTHING else.

Now, do you know what the OP-mentioned, FBI investigation in question turned up?

Yes or no, please?

If you don't then, IMO, you should not condemn someone for said investigation when you have no clue what - if anything - was turned up during it.

Again - innocent until proven guilty...even for a jerk like Trump.

Last edited:

No it is the same FBI that safeguards this nation from national security threats.
Like 9/11

So you blame the FBI for 9/11 too?

Like 9/11

So you blame the FBI for 9/11 too?

Dood, that's quite a stretch, you running out of BS means I blame the FBI for 9/11. Nevertheless, I don't blame the FBI for 9/11, although I do blame the FBI for not preventing 9/11...dumbass.

Pointing out that someone is irrelevant to the discussion, is not really defending them.

Nor is it strange.

My point stands. As you did not even address it.

Putin is irrelevant to our need for an FBI, that does it's job, and not one that engages in partisan politics.

Sounds like something straight from a Russian troll farm

NO, it doesn't. And your inability to refute anything I said, is noted.

And you are a coward for not being able to admit that you cannot refute anything.

My points all stand, as not one libtard has had the courage to even TRY to address them.

lets hear from all the white supremacists,,,,all the republican traitors.....fu all

Typical leftist bullshit. If you can’t beat them, call them racists. It’s not like the Democrats haven’t always been the purveyors of race based politics in America. Wake up you leftist morons. It is you who sees race while the right seed the rule of law and the safety of its citizens. All you fuckers see is more votes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That would be the FBI that engaged in treason by perjuring themselves to get a FISA warrant to spy on the president of the United States? The FBI that rigged the 2016 election on orders from Barack Mugabe Obama using a fake dossier they purchased from foreign intelligence agents that was drafted by Russia?

Since NONE of that is true...you must be talking about some other FBI

When the dust settles...you folks are going to be looking like real traitors to your country. Think about that

Are you fucking drunk, traitor?

{
The texts were released by Sen. Ron Johnson, Wisconsin Republican, and majority staff from the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee, in a report titled “The Clinton Email Scandal and the FBI’s Investigation of it.”

Page wrote to Strzok on Sept. 2, 2016, that Comey was being prepped because “potus wants to know everything we’re doing.”}

Page-Strzok text: ‘POTUS wants to know everything we’re doing’

Try again fuckwad
trump is a traitor all those following him are traitors should all have bullets put in their ears

You are a piece of shit. All those like you are a piece of shit. Collectively, you assholes are the reason Trump is President. Normal Americans wanted to stop you fuckheads and your psychopath Queen.

That would be the FBI that engaged in treason by perjuring themselves to get a FISA warrant to spy on the president of the United States? The FBI that rigged the 2016 election on orders from Barack Mugabe Obama using a fake dossier they purchased from foreign intelligence agents that was drafted by Russia?

When the dust settles...you folks are going to be looking like real traitors to your country. Think about that

{
The texts were released by Sen. Ron Johnson, Wisconsin Republican, and majority staff from the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee, in a report titled “The Clinton Email Scandal and the FBI’s Investigation of it.”

Page wrote to Strzok on Sept. 2, 2016, that Comey was being prepped because “potus wants to know everything we’re doing.”}

Try again fuckwad
trump is a traitor all those following him are traitors should all have bullets put in their ears

You are a piece of shit. All those like you are a piece of shit. Collectively, you assholes are the reason Trump is President. Normal Americans wanted to stop you fuckheads and your psychopath Queen.

I see you use the old trump trick Blame everyone but yourself You put the slime bag in our WH YOU take the responsibilty

{

Try again fuckwad

I see you use the old trump trick Blame everyone but yourself You put the slime bag in our WH YOU take the responsibilty

Isn't that the Obama trick? Dumbass.

A violation of the Hatch Act??

The White House lashed out against “disgraced partisan hack” James Comey and “known liar” Andrew McCabe on Friday after a report that the FBI -- after President Trump fired Comey as the bureau's director -- opened a secret inquiry into whether Trump had been working on behalf of Russia against American interests.

Trump fired back on early Saturday morning, slamming "the corrupt former leaders of the FBI" for opening an investigation on him after firing "total sleaze" Comey.

"Wow, just learned in the Failing New York Times that the corrupt former leaders of the FBI, almost all fired or forced to leave the agency for some very bad reasons, opened up an investigation on me, for no reason & with no proof, after I fired Lyin’ James Comey, a total sleaze!" he wrote in a tweet.

“This is absurd. James Comey was fired because he's a disgraced partisan hack, and his Deputy Andrew McCabe, who was in charge at the time, is a known liar fired by the FBI,” White House press secretary Sarah Sanders said in a statement.

Among those FBI officials accused of bias were former senior counterintelligence agent Peter Strzok, who was fired amid revelations of his anti-Trump and pro-Hillary Clinton text messages with another FBI official, Lisa Page.

Read more at foxnews.com ...

Forum List

Back