FBI opened investigation Feared Trump secretly working for Russians

In the days after President Trump fired James B. Comey as F.B.I. director, law enforcement officials became so concerned by the president’s behavior that they began investigating whether he had been working on behalf of Russia against American interests, according to former law enforcement officials and others familiar with the investigation.

The inquiry carried explosive implications. Counterintelligence investigators had to consider whether the president’s own actions constituted a possible threat to national security. Agents also sought to determine whether Mr. Trump was knowingly working for Russia or had unwittingly fallen under Moscow’s influence.

FBI reportedly investigated whether Trump was a secret agent for Russia | Daily Mail Online

Your blind acceptance of a government agents' excuses for interfering in the election,

makes you the perfect sheep.
Your blind loyalty to Trump has clouded your judgement.
Hail to the Chief
BOO/HISSSS to you America haters

So a President doing something they have the legal constitutional authority to do fire an FBI director means they are working for the Russians wow seriously fucking wow.
And this is the very same FBI Director the NYTimes said was a rogue, a threat and bad actor for keeping his bosses in the dark

In the days after President Trump fired James B. Comey as F.B.I. director, law enforcement officials became so concerned by the president’s behavior that they began investigating whether he had been working on behalf of Russia against American interests, according to former law enforcement officials and others familiar with the investigation.

The inquiry carried explosive implications. Counterintelligence investigators had to consider whether the president’s own actions constituted a possible threat to national security. Agents also sought to determine whether Mr. Trump was knowingly working for Russia or had unwittingly fallen under Moscow’s influence.

FBI reportedly investigated whether Trump was a secret agent for Russia | Daily Mail Online

Yikes, is this the same FBI that's lost all credibility?
No it is the same FBI that safeguards this nation from national security threats.

So 9/11 didn't happen, amirite?

We don't need TSA and homeland security? I agree!

The FBI safeguards us from downloading lame Hollywood and Bieber videos for free, ok? Notsomuch on the national security threats, obviously. Otherwise why do we have TSA and Homeland Security?

No it is the same FBI that safeguards this nation from national security threats.
Like 9/11

Like 9/11
Blaming the FBI for 9/11 now? I am beyond words.

I despise Trump as POTUS, want him gone yesterday - but I don't see the big deal about the OP story.

Okay...so the FBI investigated Trump.

But as some FBI/ex-FBI dude said on CNN, the threshold for starting such an investigation is quite low.

Former Comey assistant breaks down NYT bombshell - CNN Video

And America is a 'innocent until proven guilty' country - not the other way around.

The important thing to me is, not that they started an investigation but what did they find during said investigation.

And what exactly was that?

But as some FBI/ex-FBI dude said on CNN, the threshold for starting such an investigation is very low.

Who the fuck was that because it's complete nonsense.

The threshold for opening a counterintel investigation on a sitting President has to be incredibly HIGH

They were concerned about "things" that were happening in this arena during the first months of the Trump Admin (the Flynn period) but were unsure as to what they should do if anything. This was unprecedented.

When Trump fired Comey...and made it public that Russia was a big part of why...that triggered them to proceed.

Keep in mind, Trump held a private meeting in the Oval Office the next day with the Russian Ambassador and NO ONE from the US. It was an unscheduled meeting. It was not made public in this country.
The reason we know it occurred is because RUSSIA made it public and in that meeting Trump told Kislyak that he fired Comey to relieve pressure on "the Russia thing". He also gave the Russians secret information that totally freaked out the Israelis.

Again we know this because the RUSSIANS made it public (with pictures). Putin screwed Trump. He let Trump know just what could happen.Whatever Putin has on Trump could be released publicly at any time...

What was Trump's response to this breach of faith by Putin? He became even more obsequious...

Last edited:
I despise Trump as POTUS, want him gone yesterday - but I don't see the big deal about the OP story.

But as some FBI/ex-FBI dude said on CNN, the threshold for starting such an investigation is quite low.

And America is a 'innocent until proven guilty' country - not the other way around.

The important thing to me is, not that they started an investigation but what did they find during said investigation.

Would bet that info has been turned over to Mueller. It is just astounding that so many think it is a nothing burger when the president of the united states is placed under investigation for fear of being a Russian asset. Incredible

Last edited:
The FBI, led

The threshold is low?

That’s not my understanding.

Would bet that info has been turned over to Mueller. It is just astounding that so many think it is a nothing burger when the president of the united states is placed under investigation for fear of being a Russian asset. Incredible

I will say again - innocent until proven guilty.

I am not going to condemn anyone for anything JUST because they were investigated.

That is neither right nor fair.

Like 9/11
Blaming the FBI for 9/11 now? I am beyond words.
If only that reflected in your postings.

It hasn’t lost credibility except to imbecile trumpscum

Shillian, your debating skills remain non-existent....yet you claim to be a barrister? LMAO!!!
She isn't debating. She's whining.

I am not going to condemn anyone for anything JUST because they were investigated.

I can agree. The point is that they had to open an investigation in the first place. Do you think it is a nothing burger that the nation's highest law enforcement has such reservations about Trump they have to open an investigation because. they fear national security is at risk? You have to look at Trump's conduct post-election. Lesh makes very good points on that score.

You’ve moved the goalposts. You’ve gone from saying that the investigation isn’t a big deal to saying that a man is innocent until proven guilty.

It’s a big deal. He may be innocent. Both can be true.

Deep state FBI retaliates against a lawfully elected POTUS, shocker. /sarcasm
Now come the whacked deep state posts. This deep State shit should be reserved for conspiracy forums.

What you are missing is that this is not a Court of Law. The fact that there were enough indicators to warrant something this unprecedented is "concerning" to say the least.

Do we know the result of this investigation? No we do not but for them to even OPEN an investigation of a sitting President is "alarming".

Keep in mind...it almost certainly had to have been approved by the Department of Justice

What you are missing is that this is not a Court of Law. The fact that there were enough indicators to warrant something this unprecedented is "concerning" to say the least.

Do we know the result of this investigation? No we do not but for them to even OPEN an investigation of a sitting President is "alarming".

Keep in mind...it almost certainly had to have been approved by the Department of Justice
If this were Obama the right would be going insane. I would have agreed that this is troubling and needs to be looked at. I would never have lowered myself to a boot-licking ass-kissing level as Trumpers are acting today.

The NYT is confirming the REAL reason why a special counsel was appointed.....

Trump cult members will try to spin this with their moronic rhetoric that the FBI is part of the deep state....that there's RINOs out to get the scum bucket Trump, that there's nothing wrong with Trump's collusion with Russian oligarchs, and....of course, "But, But, BUT Hillary"............

The shit is about to hit the fan....BIGLY........lol
/——/ Hillary is going to hit the fan?

It hasn’t lost credibility except to imbecile trumpscum

strzok edited the conclusion of the Hillary investigation to give her a pass on her crimes, and no one said boo about it.

The FBI, lost all credibility when they let that pass.

PURGE THE DC FBI.
Putin would love that. Why so eager to please him?

Putin is irrelevant to our need for an FBI, that does it's job, and not one that engages in partisan politics.

Your red baiting is not an argument against that.
Why so eager to defend Putin...and in such a strange way?

Pointing out that someone is irrelevant to the discussion, is not really defending them.

Nor is it strange.

My point stands. As you did not even address it.

Putin is irrelevant to our need for an FBI, that does it's job, and not one that engages in partisan politics.

Your red baiting is not an argument against that.

Forum List

Back