FDA has stopped inspecting imported food and drugs

The FDA is another thing that needs overhauling. They only allow poisons to pass through our foods and medications.
The insurance companies will not cover anything alternative, and the doctors are sworn into only offering FDA approved drugs.

Again its all about $$$$$$$

I won't miss them they are Not protecting the people

Oh_noes.gif

Seems to me this contradicts the argument that we don't need the government.

This is an essential part of government. Keeping Americans safe goes beyond military defence and its not a partisan issue. Not inspecting our food being imported is a bad thing for Americans.

The FDA is nothing less than a rubber stamp for corporate agriculture and the beef/poultry empire that injects YOUR food with chemicals/anti-biotics and growth hormones and has turned the entire food business into a disgusting unhealthy disgrace.
I say YOUR - because I buy 100% local meat from a local butcher store that guarantees all animals are within 100 miles and do not go through corporate processors.

The FDA is nothing less than a rubber stamp for corporate agriculture and the beef/poultry empire that injects YOUR food with chemicals/anti-biotics and growth hormones and has turned the entire food business into a disgusting unhealthy disgrace.
I say YOUR - because I buy 100% local meat from a local butcher store that guarantees all animals are within 100 miles and do not go through corporate processors.

Do you suppose there are any agencies created by our federal government for our collective protection that are anything but rubber stamps for corporate America.

Last edited:

I started going to the local organic farmers market as well.

Do you suppose there are any agencies created by our federal government for our collect protection that are anything but rubber stamps for corporate America.

Local law enforcement, Fire Dept., street dept. etc.
On a Federal level? Absolutely not. There is little distinction from corporate America and the federal government. As I have said many time here and elsewhere - we are no longer a democratic republic. The government represents the interest of the few - not the many. BOTH PARTIES.

That may be, but the OP is still lying. There is no change in USDA sampling rates of foreign foods.

{Safely eat meat: Meat inspectors with the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) will continue to report to work because they're essential for public safety.

}

What You Can and Can't Do During the Government Shutdown | NBC4 Washington

Do you suppose there are any agencies created by our federal government for our collect protection that are anything but rubber stamps for corporate America.

On a Federal level? Absolutely not. There is little distinction from corporate America and the federal government. As I have said many time here and elsewhere - we are no longer a democratic republic. The government represents the interest of the few - not the many. BOTH PARTIES.

Ok! I was just checking you out. We agree completely. I personally raise my own beef, have gardens and orchards, use the farmers market as often as possible and commercial stores as little as possible. Finally found me a non-partisan poster.

Ok! I was just checking you out. We agree completely. I personally raise my own beef, have gardens and orchards, use the farmers market as often as possible and commercial stores as little as possible. Finally found me a non-partisan poster.

All summer we buy from farmers markets for produce, and we are lucky enough to have a really good butcher that cares. My wife makes bread/biscuits etc. (which is very easy actually).
We buy as little as possible from grocery stores.
I no longer have migraine headaches, my blood pressure dropped, mysteriously chronic prostate problems I had for decades went away, I feel better and I am oh so "regular" if you know what I mean...I wasn't before.

via politico

experts at the CDC told to stay home and the FDA, who is responsible for 80% of the food supply, is halting routine food inspections

.....in other news the shutdown gov't has not shutdown the $85,000,000,000 per month to prop up the financial system. Oddly, this money sits outside the budget and is therefore immune.

via politico

experts at the CDC told to stay home and the FDA, who is responsible for 80% of the food supply, is halting routine food inspections

Pssstttt... Sparky;

The USDA inspects foods. The FDA approves drugs and certain food industries. It does not, and never has, inspected food directly. The FDA will regulate a canning plant, it will approve Fen-Phen as safe. It will approve milk containers and even cell phones - but it ain't testing the e-coli level of that Micky-Dees burger you're eating...

What does FDA do?

the politico report says the US food and drug administration is responsible for 80% of the food supply I stand by that. I'd post a link but I'm new and can't yet.

Forum List

Back