Fear of Walking Dead Season 1

Everyone is already infected. They just don't know it whereas Rick does.

I'd like to know how if someone gets bit and then turns into a zombie why they don't turn into one by getting blood and gore in their mouths from the splatter from killing them.

There was so much hype that it was hard to live up to. Did it live up to it? Not even close. It was a snoozer! No compelling characters (however, so gave potential). Don't gets wrong it wasn't bad, it was just extremely boring. It definitely was 't as exciting as the first episode of the Walking Dead.

That said, I am still going to tune in for episode 2 and probably be as addicted to this show as I am to the Walking Dead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ok G or any fan of the show, my question....what is the appeal of Zombies?....i can understand werewolves,vampires,witches, angels....at least they can think and respond to things....but Zombies?....whats the appeal?....i can get into the others but i cant get into Zombies,i tried....

I don't know. Zombies that that scary appeal that they will swarm and eat you alive. That you can be turned into one and that they will never give up, they are running on pure instinct.

There is that, but I liken them to forces of Nature - they can only be kept at bay (temporarily) but never completely controlled or stopped.

Everyone is already infected. They just don't know it whereas Rick does.

I'd like to know how if someone gets bit and then turns into a zombie why they don't turn into one by getting blood and gore in their mouths from the splatter from killing them.
Like you wrote, they're already infected. I'm sure if someone swallowed enough (ICK!) then it could make them sick enough to die. That's about the only way that ingestion could get someone to turn. That, or botulism maybe. Pretty much any death that doesn't affect the brain/brainstem will allow a corpse to turn.

I don't recall where I heard it, but it isn't the physical bite that kills - it's the raging infection that follows the bite.
That's why Hershel was able to survive a bite by getting his leg amputated. They got it off before the infection could spread.

Eventually, the walkers will just fall apart due to rot of muscle and tendons holding bones together. Even a head laying there won't be able to bite if no tendons are left. So..that makes me wonder......if walkers fell into the ocean, they could feasibly walk along the bottom while rotting further and fish gnawing on what flesh they have left...unless a big one takes their head. So...why not find a damn island to have as a base but close enough to shore so it isn't a long food run? Hell, I'd rather see that than FTWD based in Los Angeles.

Eventually, the walkers will just fall apart due to rot of muscle and tendons holding bones together. Even a head laying there won't be able to bite if no tendons are left. So..that makes me wonder......if walkers fell into the ocean, they could feasibly walk along the bottom while rotting further and fish gnawing on what flesh they have left...unless a big one takes their head. So...why not find a damn island to have as a base but close enough to shore so it isn't a long food run? Hell, I'd rather see that than FTWD based in Los Angeles.
I think that the Z-virus is keeping the walkers somewhat "repaired", so it may be a long time before that happens. I got this from the fact that members of the group occasionally find naked skeletons of those killed far more recently than the beginning of the outbreak. Another example is the walker in the farm's well. It was still fairly intact when they found it, when by rights it should have been a fair bit more decayed. It would be interesting to see how a walker would perform in extreme climates, such as sub-freezing (Montana in the winter) or somewhere such as Death Valley (where they'd dry up).

I was bummed when Hershel died.
Same here, for certain.
Another reason I disliked the Governor.

Did you not see the Dawn of the Dead remake! Lol

What would a zombie show be of the zombies could never reach you and you never saw them? Not a very good one or one that remained on TV!

That's why Hershel was able to survive a bite by getting his leg amputated. They got it off before the infection could spread.
I was bummed when Hershel died.
Yea he was one of the biggest losses for me. I actually think they killed off Oscar way to early. His character had a lot of potential.

You've thought about the same things I have. Or why not build a few tree houses. safety, shelter and a built in look out....they cant climb.

Ill watch it because its just so unreal ( no matter how contrived it all is) to watch a huge city go down to basically nothing.

I'm looking forward to the 2nd episode, TBH. I'm hopeful it will be better. A lot of times, the first episode is just kind of an introduction, so . . . hopefully things will pick up soon.

You've thought about the same things I have. Or why not build a few tree houses. safety, shelter and a built in look out....they cant climb.

Ill watch it because its just so unreal ( no matter how contrived it all is) to watch a huge city go down to basically nothing.

Because the show would be boring then!

I'm hoping Junky Depp turns in to a Rick Grimes.
My bet is they try to transform him, but they always pick the smallest guys to be the bad ass. It makes me think of the toothpick they picked for John Conor on the Sarah Conor spin off.

His dad would make a better new "leader" aka Rick Grimes. Problem is, the actor playing Dad is a great actor but doesn't really seem "in" to this part.

His dad would make a better new "leader" aka Rick Grimes. Problem is, the actor playing Dad is a great actor but doesn't really seem "in" to this part.
Great actors find a way of transforming into the part

Because the show would be boring then!

yikes. I blew La Croix out my nose.
...but back to the Walking Dead. :lmao:

The what ifs are fun to discuss.
It wouldnt become boring because no matter where Rick and his Crew landed, the writers would always add in a few cannibals.... or something.

I dont see that happening but who knows. The dad would be better imo.
Maybe Daryl and Merle have a long lost cousin living in LA. lol
They aren't going to have rednecks. If you haven't noticed this is Los Muertos Vivientes, so that would be a Hispanic version of Daryl or Merle!

I dont see that happening but who knows. The dad would be better imo.
Maybe Daryl and Merle have a long lost cousin living in LA. lol
They aren't going to have rednecks. If you haven't noticed this is Los Muertos Vivientes, so that would be a Hispanic version of Daryl or Merle!

Very true, I was going to say a Hispanic gang member.( kind of like the cool guy who was with the gov for awhile)
I just know the Daryl character better.

Forum List

Back