Fear of Walking Dead Season 1

>

I'm kind of disappointed they don't have a Talking Dead follow-up after the show.

I like having the producers and the actors provide some insight into the episode.

>>>>

Remember the hispanic gang Rick came across and it turned out they had all those senior citizens they were taking care of? Maybe MexiDad and JunkyDepp will have something like that going since LA is huge. I just hope MexiDad gets in to the part better. Oh, and the wife being offed soon cuz she SUCKS. And I hope the snotty daughter goes with her.

>

I'm kind of disappointed they don't have a Talking Dead follow-up after the show.

I like having the producers and the actors provide some insight into the episode.

>>>>
Same here. I particularly like the "In Memoriam" and "Inside the Dead" sections.
From the season 6 preview on TTD, they're supposed do a season recap. Guess that's better than nothing.

Eventually, the walkers will just fall apart due to rot of muscle and tendons holding bones together. Even a head laying there won't be able to bite if no tendons are left. So..that makes me wonder......if walkers fell into the ocean, they could feasibly walk along the bottom while rotting further and fish gnawing on what flesh they have left...unless a big one takes their head. So...why not find a damn island to have as a base but close enough to shore so it isn't a long food run? Hell, I'd rather see that than FTWD based in Los Angeles.

You've thought about the same things I have. Or why not build a few tree houses. safety, shelter and a built in look out....they cant climb.

Ill watch it because its just so unreal ( no matter how contrived it all is) to watch a huge city go down to basically nothing.

Because the show would be boring then!

yikes. I blew La Croix out my nose.
...but back to the Walking Dead. :lmao:

The what ifs are fun to discuss.
It wouldnt become boring because no matter where Rick and his Crew landed, the writers would always add in a few cannibals.... or something.

Well sure, but that's why they won't put them any place where the zombies can't get them. :p TBH, I kind of want the zombies to get that preacher guy! Lol!

Eventually, the walkers will just fall apart due to rot of muscle and tendons holding bones together. Even a head laying there won't be able to bite if no tendons are left. So..that makes me wonder......if walkers fell into the ocean, they could feasibly walk along the bottom while rotting further and fish gnawing on what flesh they have left...unless a big one takes their head. So...why not find a damn island to have as a base but close enough to shore so it isn't a long food run? Hell, I'd rather see that than FTWD based in Los Angeles.

You've thought about the same things I have. Or why not build a few tree houses. safety, shelter and a built in look out....they cant climb.

Ill watch it because its just so unreal ( no matter how contrived it all is) to watch a huge city go down to basically nothing.

It wouldnt become boring because no matter where Rick and his Crew landed, the writers would always add in a few cannibals.... or something.

Well sure, but that's why they won't put them any place where the zombies can't get them. :p TBH, I kind of want the zombies to get that preacher guy! Lol!

Preacher guy finally came around...I think ( it seemed at the end of season 5)
Now Rick is getting weird and Carol is reading creepy bedtime stories. lol.

Episode 2 really picked up the tempo. Not enough to be great, but just enough where I am really looking forward to next week, when shit will really hit the fan.

One thing I will note, all the adults are Dale type characters you root against and all the kids are annoying Carlesque characters. The only character I am semi-liking is the junky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not on here yet.

I loathe carrrrrrrrrrrrrl. All I need is a new show full of carrrrrrrrrrrrrrls.

Almost over. Tobias, the kid with the knife, is the best of the bunch. HE is the next Rick Grimes.

Maybe its just me, but I don't like any of the people in this upcoming group....except Tobias.

Not on here yet.

I loathe carrrrrrrrrrrrrl. All I need is a new show full of carrrrrrrrrrrrrrls.
The daughter and mex-son are definitely Carls. Actually they are worse than Carl at this point. If either of them got bite, don't think anyone would truly care. The junkie has a little more promise and it will be nice to see him when he is sober, but he still could be very Carlesque time will only tell.

However, the mother is very Dalesque, meaning an annoying character.

The actor playing the father is doing a horrible job. I know he is supposed to be a calm person, but he lacks any sense of urgency and shows no fire.

Can a show survive if you hate all the characters. I will definitely tune in for the rest of the season and I think the story picked up.

Preacher guy finally came around...I think ( it seemed at the end of season 5)
Now Rick is getting weird and Carol is reading creepy bedtime stories. lol.

Yuck. I still don't like him. :D He sucks. He is more trouble than he is worth, IMO.

Yes, the characters are a little lame, but overall the show was much better than the first one, IMO. I'm kind of excited to see the next one, actually. :) The character development is no where near the level of TWD though.

Yes, the characters are a little lame, but overall the show was much better than the first one, IMO. I'm kind of excited to see the next one, actually. :) The character development is no where near the level of TWD though.
I am excited to see the city slow decline into chaos! It will be very interesting and good drama.

I hope with all the police bashing (no doubt influenced by the current real world police bashing), they will introduce a LAPD officer that is hero in the mold of Daryl or Abraham. Obviously, Travis is this shows Rick. He has not come close to living up to that title, but the actor has been great in other roles, so time will tell.

I am excited to see the city slow decline into chaos! It will be very interesting and good drama.

I hope with all the police bashing (no doubt influenced by the current real world police bashing), they will introduce a LAPD officer that is hero in the mold of Daryl or Abraham. Obviously, Travis is this shows Rick. He has not come close to living up to that title, but the actor has been great in other roles, so time will tell.

I watched the previews for next week's episode, and it looks like the action is really going to pick up.

Okay - my thoughts so far for the first two episodes...
I find it hard to believe the same people are involved as TWD.
The writing is terrible. Awful. I can't stand it when writers have people do things that no one would do, and this show is written as if the average IQ for humans is 60.
The acting is also subpar, even the main characters are not any good.
The only thing that will keep me going for a couple more eps (maybe) is hoping it gets better. But I have serious doubts.
So far, I rate it 2 stars out of 5.

The writing is terrible. Awful. I can't stand it when writers have people do things that no one would do, and this show is written as if the average IQ for humans is 60.
The only thing that will keep me going for a couple more eps (maybe) is hoping it gets better. But I have serious doubts.

Geez, I didn't think it was all THAT bad. The character development is poor, I agree. I think it will get better. The second episode was better than the first one. The next one looks even better! :)

Other than going to the crackhouse at night, by himself and unarmed, what else would people not do? Trying to reason with a zombie when you don't understand the zombie apocalypse yet is not irrational. A teenage girl defying her parents to try to meet up and take care of her sick boyfriend is annoying, but not uncommon. Same thing with an outcast teenager getting caught up in a protest.

I will agree the acting is subpar so far and there isn't one likable character yet. The first episode was a bore, but the 2nd one was pretty good.

Aw c'mon guys...it is pretty bad.
And to be honest, I am comparing it to TWD and not by it's own merit.
TWD vs FTWD:
1) Acting Quality - no comparison.
2) Quality of Characters making up the show - not even close.
3) Storyline - realizing there has only been two shows, but think back to TWD's first two shows - they were awesome!

My point being, I cannot believe this is the same people involved. There is no way. What I think - this show was thrown together to ride the coat tails of TWD.
I realize you have to suspend reality when watching any show/movie, of course - but it at least has to be believable. And to do that you need a good storyline, quality/convincing acting and characters you can identify with.
It doesn't have any of this guys.

Forum List

Back