Federal Investigation of TM shooting is ongoing

BDBoop

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2011
Don't harsh my zen, Jen!
Attorney General Eric Holder said Monday the probe into the shooting, and any potential federal charges against George Zimmerman, is ongoing.

"The investigation, or the inquiry, the review that we're doing is still underway. I'm not sure exactly how much longer that will take, but when we get to a point where we are able to make a determination, we've tried to construct the case in such a way that we'll be able to share as much information, not just make an announcement, but share as much information as we can, with regard to that determination," said Holder.

Read more: Attorney General Eric Holder: Review of Trayvon Martin shooting still ongoing | WESH Home - WESH Home

• Banned
WASHINGTON — The head of the Department of Justice said he hasn't officially decided whether to file criminal civil rights charges against George Zimmerman, but the tone in his answers seemed to indicate it wouldn't happen, according to Channel 9's Greg Warmoth.

Attorney General Eric Holder said he's not sure how much longer the department will review the case after civil rights groups called for hate crime charges against Zimmerman, who fatally shot 17-year-old Trayvon Martin in Sanford last year.

Criminal civil rights charges unlikely for George Zimmerman | www.wftv.com

This sounds like practically a non-statement, just a sort of 'yeah, it's not over.'

It probably is.

• Banned
Taking a wide range of questions from reporters today, Holder was asked what the timeframe is for an announcement or a decision on the case.

“Mr. Attorney General, why haven’t federal charges been filed against George Zimmerman yet?” a reporter asked.

“Well, the case of George Zimmerman and what happens there, I mean, I think, in substantial part was resolved in the case that was tried,” Holder responded.

I think that's his final answer.

The PJ Tatler » Holder Appears to be Backing Away from Civil Rights Charges Against Zimmerman

still wanting to lynch the guy

and Hispanics just love that party who goes out on witch hunts for them

They will dig and dig and dig until they find some Federal statue to throw at him, and when they find none, they will invent one.

Holder is the ****** who broke his chains. He wants blood by hook or crook.

Forum List

Back