Federalist 46: Let's try it again.

Take it line by line. First you take Constitutional law and then you interpret it. You don't take an essay in the Federalist papers and try to turn it into Constitutional law.
However? The Framers in the Federalists/Anti-Federalists were giving US a handbook as to their intent.

YES it is that simple.

To put it in technical terms, the "handbook" and the Federalist Papers ain't freaking law. The Constitution is the law of the land. If the Framers in their wisdom wanted to include Federalist 46 in the Constitution we would be discussing it but since they didn't it's a moot point.

The Federalist Papers were specific to give We the People the intent of the Constitution itself. It was a comprehensive explanation to get the People and the States to Ratify the Constitution of the United States.

Federalist Papers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

However? The Framers in the Federalists/Anti-Federalists were giving US a handbook as to their intent.

YES it is that simple.

To put it in technical terms, the "handbook" and the Federalist Papers ain't freaking law. The Constitution is the law of the land. If the Framers in their wisdom wanted to include Federalist 46 in the Constitution we would be discussing it but since they didn't it's a moot point.

The Federalist Papers were specific to give We the People the intent of the Constitution itself. It was a comprehensive explanation to get the People and the States to Ratify the Constitution of the United States.

Precisely. Ben Franklin alluded to it... "A Republic IF YOU can keep it..."

The Federalists/Ant-Federalists are a handbook to this Republic. It's incumbent upon the people if they wish to remain distanced from the reigns of tyranny to become familiar with it.

Take it line by line. First you take Constitutional law and then you interpret it. You don't take an essay in the Federalist papers and try to turn it into Constitutional law.

YES it is that simple.

However? They told us WHY the Constitution SHOULD be law of the land and WHY WE should adhere to it, PROTECT IT...

The Framers were not of one mind, nor did they speak with one voice, where their views often changed over time.

The opinions and perceptions of those from the Foundation Era consequently lack any authority on their own, and are relevant only in the context of Constitutional case law in conjunction with other relevant sources as determined by judicial review.

Justice Kennedy expressed it best in Lawrence:

That the Framers did not presume to have a comprehensive knowledge of liberty is a credit to their wisdom and humility when addressing the serious and vital subject of citizens’ inalienable rights.

Uhm...excuse me dipshit? The 14th came LONG after the framers.

INMATERIAL. Try again.

You know nothing, Terrible T Snow. :lol:

The point is this that you skated around: That the Framers did not presume to have a comprehensive knowledge of liberty is a credit to their wisdom and humility when addressing the serious and vital subject of citizens’ inalienable rights

There will never be any secession.

Fuck YOU Starkey.:eusa_hand:

YES it is that simple.

We the Peopl are the power, the states merely our agents: they have no other inherent function than to do what We tell them to do.

INMATERIAL. Try again.

The point is this that you skated around: That the Framers did not presume to have a comprehensive knowledge of liberty is a credit to their wisdom and humility when addressing the serious and vital subject of citizens’ inalienable rights

:lol: You are so goofy, dood. Son, there will never be a secession.

We the Peopl are the power, the states merely our agents: they have no other inherent function than to do what We tell them to do.

Does that go for the Federal Gov't as well..............Of course it does, just as it does for a State or even local Gov't.................The intention was to keep the power local where the locals could address the problem where it occurs...........Not from someone across the country telling them how to fix a local problem.

The problems of New York City should be handled in New York City by the people of New York City. If I from Alabama tell them or order them to fix it my way they'd tell me to go to hell and rightfully so..............The same as I'd tell them to go to hell by ordering Alabama to fix the problem as they believe.............

Again, as LOCAL AS POSSIBLE.........

"Not that you've answered the question or even tried. You do nothing but show up, drop your little turds and (unfortunately) don't leave."

I surely did and your are merely projecting your turds elsewhere. :lol: Once again Madison's own words show you are wrong.

Madison's Big Government Plan link above: I hold it for a fundamental point that an individual independence of the States, is utterly irreconcileable with the idea of an aggregate sovereignty. I think at the same time that a consolidation of the States into one simple republic is not less unattainable than it would be inexpedient. Let it be tried then whether any middle ground can be taken which will at once support a due supremacy of the national authority, and leave in force the local authorities so far as they can be subordinately useful.
Madison was a Big Government guy before he was a Little Government guy.

It is unfortunate that our society lets people like you potentially propagate their stupidity through their offspring (hopefully you don't have any).

You didn't answer the question. You simply reached for a random quote which you hope will somehow fool those who understand the full context of Madison's writings. But, again you fail. Madison was quite clear on the division of powers and never intended (as shown by history up until the asswipes that FDR put in decided to remake the USC) that the feds get involved in the host of things they are now involved in. I already provided one example you've never addressed.

It must suck to be locked in a room all day with no friends.

Does that go for the Federal Gov't as well..............Of course it does, just as it does for a State or even local Gov't.................The intention was to keep the power local where the locals could address the problem where it occurs...........Not from someone across the country telling them how to fix a local problem.

The problems of New York City should be handled in New York City by the people of New York City. If I from Alabama tell them or order them to fix it my way they'd tell me to go to hell and rightfully so..............The same as I'd tell them to go to hell by ordering Alabama to fix the problem as they believe.............

Again, as LOCAL AS POSSIBLE.........

Precisely. I don't need People like Chuckie-Schmuckie Schumer telling me that I need to practice "Family Values" now because I don't have a job where I live.

It's fucking insanity.

"Not that you've answered the question or even tried. You do nothing but show up, drop your little turds and (unfortunately) don't leave."

I surely did and your are merely projecting your turds elsewhere. :lol: Once again Madison's own words show you are wrong.

Madison's Big Government Plan link above: I hold it for a fundamental point that an individual independence of the States, is utterly irreconcileable with the idea of an aggregate sovereignty. I think at the same time that a consolidation of the States into one simple republic is not less unattainable than it would be inexpedient. Let it be tried then whether any middle ground can be taken which will at once support a due supremacy of the national authority, and leave in force the local authorities so far as they can be subordinately useful.
Madison was a Big Government guy before he was a Little Government guy.

It is unfortunate that our society lets people like you potentially propagate their stupidity through their offspring (hopefully you don't have any).

You didn't answer the question. You simply reached for a random quote which you hope will somehow fool those who understand the full context of Madison's writings. But, again you fail. Madison was quite clear on the division of powers and never intended (as shown by history up until the asswipes that FDR put in decided to remake the USC) that the feds get involved in the host of things they are now involved in. I already provided one example you've never addressed.

It must suck to be locked in a room all day with no friends.
Indeed. and I wonder when Starkey gets any sleep...he certainly doesn't have a JOB...he's on here during the day as well. ALL DAY.

INMATERIAL. Try again.

That goes without saying...but thanks for saying it. :eusa_clap::eusa_clap:

You'll notice he never addressed the OP. He's got nothing. I've pretty much got him on ignore.

:lol: You are so goofy, dood. Son, there will never be a secession.

Only goofy one here is YOU son. I take my liberty seriously...and defend it from schmucks like YOU that are too willing to sell out.

FUCK OFF>:eusa_hand:

Look at it rationally, the Federalist Papers were personal rants by Patriots having fun arguing about the future of the new American government. Who knows if Madison might have been chuckling as he took a few sips of excellent American whiskey when he wrote his anonymous "Publis" stuff? The Federalist Papers were arguments for and against the concepts of freedom and federal domination. The Founding Fathers finally hammered out the greatest document ever considered in the history of civilization and that is the only thing that counts. Maybe it's ignorance or political arrogance that compels people to try to rewrite the Constitution based on Federalist Papers but the Constitution is what it is.

Look at it rationally, the Federalist Papers were personal rants by Patriots having fun arguing about the future of the new American government. Who knows if Madison might have been chuckling as he took a few sips of excellent American whiskey when he wrote his anonymous "Publis" stuff? The Federalist Papers were arguments for and against the concepts of freedom and federal domination. The Founding Fathers finally hammered out the greatest document ever considered in the history of civilization and that is the only thing that counts. Maybe it's ignorance or political arrogance that compels people to try to rewrite the Constitution based on Federalist Papers but the Constitution is what it is.

LOL

So he just got drunk and said lol read this.

LOL

I don't think so.:D

No, this is ignorance.

The Federalist Papers were written to sell the idea of a stronger central government to the state of New York. They were in favor of a constitution that Madison (a key author of the Federalist) helped write.

They attempted to explain what it was and what it wasn't and it's functions. What do you use in place of their intent when you have nothing else.

Tell me. What does Harry "The Pond Scum" Blackmunn utilize when he has nothing on in the USC on abortion ?

No, this is ignorance.

The Federalist Papers were written to sell the idea of a stronger central government to the state of New York. They were in favor of a constitution that Madison (a key author of the Federalist) helped write.

They attempted to explain what it was and what it wasn't and it's functions. What do you use in place of their intent when you have nothing else.

Tell me. What does Harry "The Pond Scum" Blackmunn utilize when he has nothing on in the USC on abortion ?

"What do you use in place of intent when you have nothing else". "Nothing else"?.... but the greatest document ever written in the history of the human race? The Founding Fathers were not unaware of the Federalist papers. They considered the Papers when they sweated it out in that long summer when they hammered out the Constitution. The "Bill of Rights' were (was) intended as a limitation on the power of the federal government and trumps whatever rants were found in the Federalist Papers. You can't drag out a Federalist Paper and claim it has importance in of itself but it's reasonable to consider the Federalist Papers when reviewing the Constitutionality of a law.

No, this is ignorance.

"What do you use in place of intent when you have nothing else". "Nothing else"?.... but the greatest document ever written in the history of the human race? The Founding Fathers were not unaware of the Federalist papers. They considered the Papers when they sweated it out in that long summer when they hammered out the Constitution. The "Bill of Rights' were (was) intended as a limitation on the power of the federal government and trumps whatever rants were found in the Federalist Papers. You can't drag out a Federalist Paper and claim it has importance in of itself but it's reasonable to consider the Federalist Papers when reviewing the Constitutionality of a law.

And the people who wrote the Federalist papers helped write the Constitution. Which is what they were trying to explain to get it ratified.

Geesh............

Forum List

Back