Feds To FINE Schools Who Don't Follow Michelle's Lunch Rules...

Well, hell, that's easy. Where does ALL "red-tape" come from? Any entity that says "government" on the side of the building. Oh, and (as a layman) I believe that tenure is the worst thing to EVER happen to school.

As a layman, there is about a 99.9% chance that your idea of tenure is incorrect.

As a college graduate, seeing the lazy, unemployable "professors" that sat on their fat asses, I believe I have enough understanding of the term "tenure". It means fat asses that have tenure are nearly impossible to fire for spreading their bullshit to the minds of impressionable children.

Does that apply to you?
It is attitudes like that that make me wish you could be forced to teach in a public school for a semester. I think it would change a lot of minds about what teachers do. When I became a teacher I started wearing sensible shoes for the first time, because your ass is NEVER in a chair when you're teaching.

Oh bullshit. You became a teacher because you thought it would be easy - summers off, then you found out that it was a real job. Then, the unions came in and you found out that you could rely on them to have your back if the principal didn't "agree" with you. How many "in-service" days you guys get a year now? 30? 45?

Jesus - the kids are at home more now than they've ever been.

You DO realize that those summers off get shorter every year? Last year, it was 7 weeks.

You DO realize that you have unpaid training days in the summer? We have 3 mandatory unpaid professional development days each July.

You DO realize that our "in-service days", or which we get 8, not 30 or 45, are so that we can get grades into the computers so that report cards can go home or meet required training by the state? We also have to attend after school or before school faculty meetings that are unpaid, plus two nights of parent-teacher conferences after teaching all day long.

You DO realize that unless you have tenure, a union will not lift a hand to help you with anything? Striking is against the law for teachers in most states, and unions are even outlawed from collective bargaining in several others.

Oh, you didn't realize that? It is because you have been fed a steady diet of bullshit for your entire lifetime regarding teachers

"You DO realize that those summers get shorter every year? Last year it was 7 weeks."

Damn....I retired from both the Military AND the civilian world and neither job EVER gave me 7 weeks off. NEVER. Hell, I was lucky to get 2-3 weeks off IN TOTAL for a year. I cry for your terrible working conditions. hell, you get every holiday off, Christmas vacation off, Spring break off...Jesus Christ - how many days do you ACTUALLY work?

You DO realize that our "in-service days", or which we get 8, not 30 or 45, are so that we can get grades into the computers so that report cards can go home or meet required training by the state? We also have to attend after school or before school faculty meetings that are unpaid, plus two nights of parent-teacher conferences after teaching all day long.

So, you need In-service days to accomplish what you are paid to do during school hours?

As a college graduate, seeing the lazy, unemployable "professors" that sat on their fat asses, I believe I have enough understanding of the term "tenure". It means fat asses that have tenure are nearly impossible to fire for spreading their bullshit to the minds of impressionable children.

Does that apply to you?
It is attitudes like that that make me wish you could be forced to teach in a public school for a semester. I think it would change a lot of minds about what teachers do. When I became a teacher I started wearing sensible shoes for the first time, because your ass is NEVER in a chair when you're teaching.

Oh bullshit. You became a teacher because you thought it would be easy - summers off, then you found out that it was a real job. Then, the unions came in and you found out that you could rely on them to have your back if the principal didn't "agree" with you. How many "in-service" days you guys get a year now? 30? 45?

You DO realize that those summers off get shorter every year? Last year, it was 7 weeks.

You DO realize that you have unpaid training days in the summer? We have 3 mandatory unpaid professional development days each July.

You DO realize that unless you have tenure, a union will not lift a hand to help you with anything? Striking is against the law for teachers in most states, and unions are even outlawed from collective bargaining in several others.

Oh, you didn't realize that? It is because you have been fed a steady diet of bullshit for your entire lifetime regarding teachers
That's funny..to me it sounds like you're the one regurgitating bullshit regarding teachers.

You know how many weeks off I get a year? Two. Total. And I'm fucking glad and grateful for them because most people get a lot less.

Do you get paid for those two weeks off? Newsflash: Teachers do NOT get paid for any time off except a few holidays.

As a layman, there is about a 99.9% chance that your idea of tenure is incorrect.

Does that apply to you?

"You DO realize that those summers get shorter every year? Last year it was 7 weeks."

Damn....I retired from both the Military AND the civilian world and neither job EVER gave me 7 weeks off. NEVER. Hell, I was lucky to get 2-3 weeks off IN TOTAL for a year. I cry for your terrible working conditions. hell, you get every holiday off, Christmas vacation off, Spring break off...Jesus Christ - how many days do you ACTUALLY work?

So, you need In-service days to accomplish what you are paid to do during school hours?

In the military, we still got paid for those days off. Teachers do not. We only get paid for the days we work, a few holidays, and there are many days we work that we get no pay for at all. That's ZERO!

So you want me grading papers, putting grades into the computer, writing tests, attending professional training, and all that other fun stuff INSTEAD of teaching?

You know less about teaching than just about anyone I know. Did you ever attend a school of any kind and observe what a teacher does every day?

I spent time on Friday on a training day learning how to use software to prevent ransom ware from locking up all our school district's data. I guess you never did anything like that in the military instead of your day-to-day job?

Wow....

That's funny..to me it sounds like you're the one regurgitating bullshit regarding teachers.

You know how many weeks off I get a year? Two. Total. And I'm fucking glad and grateful for them because most people get a lot less.

Wow - that's funny because I go by the local school during the summer - not one soul there. I go by the school during Spring Break - not one soul there. I go by the school during Christmas break - not one soul there. The only time I EVER see cars in the parking lot (when the school is out) is for "Teacher in-service days - which seem to be about every month now.

Most jobs I worked (in my youth) gave me - if I were lucky - one week off.

Just because they are not at that building doesn't mean they are not attending training somewhere else. Our entire school district attends training at ONE school.

Also, I doubt you pay attention as closely as you claim.

Let me ask you this, why would I lie?

Do you get paid for those two weeks off? Newsflash: Teachers do NOT get paid for any time off except a few holidays.

I don't know about where you are at, but over here, teachers get paid year round working or not. Otherwise they would be able to file and collect unemployment benefits all summer long.

I don't know about where you are at, but over here, teachers get paid year round working or not. Otherwise they would be able to file and collect unemployment benefits all summer long.

No, they get their paychecks for their actual work time spread out over the entire year. It is, in effect, an interest free loan to the school district. My paychecks for July and August were earned the previous year. You are also not unemployed in the summer because you sign a contract to come back the next year before the current school year is up. You are just slightly misinformed, like most people who do not work in the field.

And they still make more. Btw, they do get paid for those months...which I why they can't draw unemployment in the summer.

No, they get their paychecks for their actual work time spread out over the entire year. It is, in effect, an interest free loan to the school district. My paychecks for July and August were earned the previous year. You are also not unemployed in the summer because you sign a contract to come back the next year before the current school year is up. You are just slightly misinformed, like most people who do not work in the field.

It all works out the same, doesn't it?

You still get a paycheck year round whether you are working or not. And in fact, some aggressive teachers sign on to teach summer school and do even better.

Feds to Fine Schools for Not Following Michelle Obama’s Lunch Rules

The federal government is taking steps to fine schools that do not comply with first lady Michelle Obama’s school lunch rules.

Ok, enough is ENOUGH - time to put this bi@tch, her entire 'Royal Family', and EVERY 1st Lady or 1st Lady-to-be out their in their place:

Michelle, honey, YOU ARE NOT AN ELECTED OFFICIAL. No one voted for you, YOU are a 'PLUS 1' at this 'party'. Your role is mainly CEREMONIAL. You can plan parties and dignitary visits at the WH, but you don't have the authority to do SHITE, especially like mandating what lunches are served in schools across America...so do us a favor and

:anj_stfu:

Michelle Obama needs to LEARN HER PLACE and butt the hell out of the public education system. If 'Mama' Michelle wants to join her daughter's PTA and get involved there, go for it. She does not work for the Federal Dept of Education, she is not an elected official, she Constitutionally has no REAL power, especially the power to have schools monetarily punished if they choose to ignore the 1st LADY'S OPINION-DRIVEN AGENDA.

This is sort of like Nancy Reagan coming up with the Anti-Drug policy of 'Just Say No' then having schools fined for not holding drug testing in school.

Yeah, let the fat southern kids get fatter and developed type II diabetes and then live off medicare (which covers early onset diabetes) -- The REAL takers.

Private schools give Mooch and the feds the flying finger of fate

red_sticker.JPG

Is that your favorite toy?

Seems kinda small, from what I've heard about you.

The federal government is taking steps to fine schools that do not comply with first lady Michelle Obama’s school lunch rules.

Ok, enough is ENOUGH - time to put this bi@tch, her entire 'Royal Family', and EVERY 1st Lady or 1st Lady-to-be out their in their place:

Michelle, honey, YOU ARE NOT AN ELECTED OFFICIAL. No one voted for you, YOU are a 'PLUS 1' at this 'party'. Your role is mainly CEREMONIAL. You can plan parties and dignitary visits at the WH, but you don't have the authority to do SHITE, especially like mandating what lunches are served in schools across America...so do us a favor and

Michelle Obama needs to LEARN HER PLACE and butt the hell out of the public education system. If 'Mama' Michelle wants to join her daughter's PTA and get involved there, go for it. She does not work for the Federal Dept of Education, she is not an elected official, she Constitutionally has no REAL power, especially the power to have schools monetarily punished if they choose to ignore the 1st LADY'S OPINION-DRIVEN AGENDA.

This is sort of like Nancy Reagan coming up with the Anti-Drug policy of 'Just Say No' then having schools fined for not holding drug testing in school.

Yeah, let the fat southern kids get fatter and developed type II diabetes and then live off medicare (which covers early onset diabetes) -- The REAL takers.

Really? People who get diabetes go on Medicare? I'll have to inquire about that. I've been an insulin dependent diabetic for over 30 years and nobody from the government offered me a dime. In fact, none of the doctors I've ever seen gave me that information. I wonder why?

Hell, even when I applied for Commie Care they didn't inform me about that. Could it be you are just FOS?

Now that we have kids sitting on their couch playing video games all day and on this internet not getting any exercise, we now need the federal government to control their diet. I don't recall ever seeing the writings of our founders stating that's what our federal government is supposed to be in control of.

It really makes me sad that people have such negative opinions of teachers. Some of your posts, though, indicate that some people are just plain mean-spirited and envious of the "time off" teachers get.
If you think teachers are so lazy, try going in and teaching some time. Really teaching. I have no respect for the hot air on this thread, simply making noise with no clue what teachers actually do. Ignoramuses. Learn what is involved in the preparation to get certified. The experience needed to maintain classroom discipline while still teaching the tykes something. How to develop tests that actually show if a kid has learned something and five or six different approaches to take so different kids can all learn. How to deal with school boards who, like you, have nothing but disrespect for teachers and public education, but then turn around and hold only teachers accountable for the fact the kids that are failing.
And btw, a good portion of teachers have summer jobs, they make "so much money."

You still get a paycheck year round whether you are working or not. And in fact, some aggressive teachers sign on to teach summer school and do even better.

How is it the same? How about I take two months of your pay and spread the rest out over twelve months? Is that the same?

Summer school? I don't know how long it has been since you were in school or had kids in school, but summer school is no longer what you probably experienced. Summer school in my school systems ended in about 2000. Since then, if anything is offered, it is supervised credit recovery on a computer, so anyone with a pulse can watch the kids for a few hours a day for a couple of weeks while they complete an online course.

I guess you have no clue as to the difference in Medicare and Medicaid.

Does that apply to you?

the military gives 30 days of leave annually. this is in addition to any holidays.

How is it the same? How about I take two months of your pay and spread the rest out over twelve months? Is that the same?

Summer school? I don't know how long it has been since you were in school or had kids in school, but summer school is no longer what you probably experienced. Summer school in my school systems ended in about 2000. Since then, if anything is offered, it is supervised credit recovery on a computer, so anyone with a pulse can watch the kids for a few hours a day for a couple of weeks while they complete an online course.

Correct, it has been many years since I was in school and in the know about summer school.

At least around here, teachers make a pretty good buck. Now you can say they only get paid while working and it's spread out, or you can just say that they get paid year round whether on vacation or not. Either way, they make a pretty good living, and I would love to have that kind of pay and scheduling at my place of work. It wouldn't matter to me if the pay was spread out or I was only getting paid while actually working. Compared to those of us that work industry, it's still a hell of a good deal.

Correct, it has been many years since I was in school and in the know about summer school.

At least around here, teachers make a pretty good buck. Now you can say they only get paid while working and it's spread out, or you can just say that they get paid year round whether on vacation or not. Either way, they make a pretty good living, and I would love to have that kind of pay and scheduling at my place of work. It wouldn't matter to me if the pay was spread out or I was only getting paid while actually working. Compared to those of us that work industry, it's still a hell of a good deal.

Really? Do you have about 10 years of college and get paid barely $50,000 a year? Do you work 14 hour days on a regular basis? Do you have people who know nothing about your job show disrespect you simply because they have no knowledge of the duties and responsibilities that teachers have except what they saw decades ago when they were students themselves?

Far too many conservatives fall into that category. They think since they are a product of the system, they must know everything about how it works.

BTW, Cleveland's starting salary is about $13,000 a year above average, but is a fairly small district compared to the rest of the nation. Most cities the size of Cleveland have about 5 times as many teachers.

Really? Do you have about 10 years of college and get paid barely $50,000 a year? Do you work 14 hour days on a regular basis? Do you have people who know nothing about your job show disrespect you simply because they have no knowledge of the duties and responsibilities that teachers have except what they saw decades ago when they were students themselves?

Far too many conservatives fall into that category. They think since they are a product of the system, they must know everything about how it works.

BTW, Cleveland's starting salary is about $13,000 a year above average, but is a fairly small district compared to the rest of the nation. Most cities the size of Cleveland have about 5 times as many teachers.

You cannot deny that it's a job everybody wants. That's why there is a waiting line to get your foot in the door.

And I don't know any grade or high school teacher that invested 10 years into college. Hell, you could be a doctor in less than 8 years and make much better money. Anybody that spent ten years in college to make less than a 50K job is somebody that didn't do their research before they decided what they were going to be when they got out of college.

You cannot deny that it's a job everybody wants. That's why there is a waiting line to get your foot in the door.

And I don't know any grade or high school teacher that invested 10 years into college. Hell, you could be a doctor in less than 8 years and make much better money. Anybody that spent ten years in college to make less than a 50K job is somebody that didn't do their research before they decided what they were going to be when they got out of college.

5 years undergraduate, 2 years teacher certification, 3 years master's degree. For those last 5 years, I also taught full time and attended school.

It is a job almost everyone wants because they believe the bullshit about great pay, great benefits, fantastic retirements, and only working 6 hours a day. However, most teachers never make it five years before they burn out. That's why average teacher pay seems so high but starting pay seems so low. Your typical teacher may have 20 years experience based on the fact they survived only. In my department of 7 teachers, 4 of them will retire in the next few years. Anybody with a math or science degree usually does not consider being a teacher because of the low pay, long hours, and general disrespect.

Last edited:

"This is sort of like Nancy Reagan coming up with the Anti-Drug policy of 'Just Say No' then having schools fined for not holding drug testing in school."

Nancy Reagan didn't have anyone fined for not holding drug testing that I could find. Perhaps you can find a link to that happening.

"Shortly after the First Lady launched her Just Say No campaign, Congress passed the Drug-Free Schools and Communities Act in 1986, mandating zero tolerance for any drugs or alcohol found on public school grounds."

Forum List

Back