Feds To FINE Schools Who Don't Follow Michelle's Lunch Rules...

Why do we even have school lunch programs. We should just let mom prepare a home made meal for their kids. School lunch kind of sucks anyways.
Blasphemy!

You want to keep women barefoot, pregnant and in the kitchen.

I bet you want your dinner on the table when you get home.

Do you demand a Martini or two while you put your feet up and relax?

Disclaimer: This is a joke for those who lack a sense of humor.

I'm not sure if a fine is enough punishment for not following Michelle the Queen's edict.

Why do we even have school lunch programs. We should just let mom prepare a home made meal for their kids. School lunch kind of sucks anyways.
Why do we have feds meddling in education AT ALL???? They do NOT belong in our schools any more than they belong on our public lands. Get them the hell out.

No, no, no. You know it doesn't work like that.

Mom has a kid with no father, so the delivery charges get sent to the government.

Now you are born but mom can't feed you. So she applies for WIC and the government feeds you.

Now you've outgrown WIC, so your mother gets food stamps to feed you.

Now you are about three years old, and mom doesn't want to take care of you, so government gives her vouchers for a daycare center, and they take care of you.

Now you are five years old and are ready to go to school, so government gives you free lunch and in some places, free breakfast and dinner to. In select places, school doors are open in the summer too so government can feed you when you're not attending school.

Parents are good to born children, but we need a village to take care of them. Parents taking care of children is so passé.

Yup, keep on bogusly throwing out that 'race' card S...your willingness to stoop to any low to avoid the real issues never gets old.

:clap:

Just pointing out once again that
  1. You told an African American woman she should know her place and
  2. You blamed Michelle Obama for a bill passed by Congress.
Another right wing nut job and racist.

Shows what I know. Where DOES all this red tape and regulatory nonsense come from, then? They give the states money the states can't afford to refuse and it comes with all this garbage. That much I know to be true. So where does it come from?

Lady - you're probably as old (sorry) as I am. Tell me - do YOU remember teacher unions in the 50s? I didn't think so. The department of education began the "idea" of teacher representation. They support it whole-heartedly. Now - when teachers don't like the curriculum that a particular state or local jurisdiction has - they simply threaten to "strike" or stage a "walkout" and it is changed. The days of parents and teachers deciding what will or will not be taught is long over. Welcome to the USSR in public schools. Remove the Department of Education and every Teacher Union - and you will return to public schools that are the envy of the world - not the laughing stock.
Randall, I'm more interested in an answer to my other question. Actually, as a teacher, I understand both sides of the union issue. School districts are famous for taking advantage of the fact that experienced teachers make more $ than newbies and will get away with overloading classes, firing teachers because they are about to cost the district too much--they do it to new teachers who haven't got tenure yet, anyway. As a teacher, I've bought my own supplies, taught without enough text books to go around, all kinds of happy horseshit. And I never even thought of grieving it to the union. Teaching has always been hard. You expect it. However, without a union, things would be worse, and it would affect student achievement eventually.
I've got to run, but I look forward to knowing where all this education red tape comes from, if you know.

Well, hell, that's easy. Where does ALL "red-tape" come from? Any entity that says "government" on the side of the building. Oh, and (as a layman) I believe that tenure is the worst thing to EVER happen to school.

As a layman, there is about a 99.9% chance that your idea of tenure is incorrect.

As a college graduate, seeing the lazy, unemployable "professors" that sat on their fat asses, I believe I have enough understanding of the term "tenure". It means fat asses that have tenure are nearly impossible to fire for spreading their bullshit to the minds of impressionable children.

Does that apply to you?

Apparently, from you latest post, I was 100% accurate in my assessment. You have no clue as to what tenure means.

I agree with you. That USDA stuff was fine, as far as I am concerned, and I agree I'd almost like to see the DOE out of business, except that it does "level the playing field" for poor and rural, sparsely populated states and school districts, I'm told. Don't know how that works; I have never actually understood why they got their nose into it to begin with.

Actually, the only thing the DOE does is support teacher unions. I would LOVE to see everyone of them disbanded.
Shows what I know. Where DOES all this red tape and regulatory nonsense come from, then? They give the states money the states can't afford to refuse and it comes with all this garbage. That much I know to be true. So where does it come from?

Lady - you're probably as old (sorry) as I am. Tell me - do YOU remember teacher unions in the 50s? I didn't think so. The department of education began the "idea" of teacher representation. They support it whole-heartedly. Now - when teachers don't like the curriculum that a particular state or local jurisdiction has - they simply threaten to "strike" or stage a "walkout" and it is changed. The days of parents and teachers deciding what will or will not be taught is long over. Welcome to the USSR in public schools. Remove the Department of Education and every Teacher Union - and you will return to public schools that are the envy of the world - not the laughing stock.
Randall, I'm more interested in an answer to my other question. Actually, as a teacher, I understand both sides of the union issue. School districts are famous for taking advantage of the fact that experienced teachers make more $ than newbies and will get away with overloading classes, firing teachers because they are about to cost the district too much--they do it to new teachers who haven't got tenure yet, anyway. As a teacher, I've bought my own supplies, taught without enough text books to go around, all kinds of happy horseshit. And I never even thought of grieving it to the union. Teaching has always been hard. You expect it. However, without a union, things would be worse, and it would affect student achievement eventually.
I've got to run, but I look forward to knowing where all this education red tape comes from, if you know.

Well, hell, that's easy. Where does ALL "red-tape" come from? Any entity that says "government" on the side of the building. Oh, and (as a layman) I believe that tenure is the worst thing to EVER happen to school.
Okay. But you had said all the Dept. of Ed did was form the union, which confused me. I thought you meant all the red tape came from somewhere else.

As a layman, there is about a 99.9% chance that your idea of tenure is incorrect.

As a college graduate, seeing the lazy, unemployable "professors" that sat on their fat asses, I believe I have enough understanding of the term "tenure". It means fat asses that have tenure are nearly impossible to fire for spreading their bullshit to the minds of impressionable children.

Does that apply to you?
It is attitudes like that that make me wish you could be forced to teach in a public school for a semester. I think it would change a lot of minds about what teachers do. When I became a teacher I started wearing sensible shoes for the first time, because your ass is NEVER in a chair when you're teaching.

Actually, the only thing the DOE does is support teacher unions. I would LOVE to see everyone of them disbanded.

Okay. But you had said all the Dept. of Ed did was form the union, which confused me. I thought you meant all the red tape came from somewhere else.

Anytime - ANYTIME you get the "government" involved in ANYTHING it gets muddled in red tape. Hell, I thought everyone had that figured out by now....

Does that apply to you?
It is attitudes like that that make me wish you could be forced to teach in a public school for a semester. I think it would change a lot of minds about what teachers do. When I became a teacher I started wearing sensible shoes for the first time, because your ass is NEVER in a chair when you're teaching.

Oh bullshit. You became a teacher because you thought it would be easy - summers off, then you found out that it was a real job. Then, the unions came in and you found out that you could rely on them to have your back if the principal didn't "agree" with you. How many "in-service" days you guys get a year now? 30? 45?

Jesus - the kids are at home more now than they've ever been.

Does that apply to you?
The fact that you advocate *forcing* people to do anything speaks volumes and rather supports his statement. And he was talking about PROFESSORS. Not elementary school propagandists.

Does that apply to you?

Oh bullshit. You became a teacher because you thought it would be easy - summers off, then you found out that it was a real job. Then, the unions came in and you found out that you could rely on them to have your back if the principal didn't "agree" with you. How many "in-service" days you guys get a year now? 30? 45?

You DO realize that those summers off get shorter every year? Last year, it was 7 weeks.

You DO realize that you have unpaid training days in the summer? We have 3 mandatory unpaid professional development days each July.

You DO realize that our "in-service days", or which we get 8, not 30 or 45, are so that we can get grades into the computers so that report cards can go home or meet required training by the state? We also have to attend after school or before school faculty meetings that are unpaid, plus two nights of parent-teacher conferences after teaching all day long.

You DO realize that unless you have tenure, a union will not lift a hand to help you with anything? Striking is against the law for teachers in most states, and unions are even outlawed from collective bargaining in several others.

Oh, you didn't realize that? It is because you have been fed a steady diet of bullshit for your entire lifetime regarding teachers

Does that apply to you?
The fact that you advocate *forcing* people to do anything speaks volumes and rather supports his statement. And he was talking about PROFESSORS. Not elementary school propagandists.

No, he crawfished when he knew he had lost the argument.

9chBl2f.png

Does that apply to you?

You DO realize that those summers off get shorter every year? Last year, it was 7 weeks.

You DO realize that you have unpaid training days in the summer? We have 3 mandatory unpaid professional development days each July.

You DO realize that our "in-service days", or which we get 8, not 30 or 45, are so that we can get grades into the computers so that report cards can go home or meet required training by the state? We also have to attend after school or before school faculty meetings that are unpaid, plus two nights of parent-teacher conferences after teaching all day long.

You DO realize that unless you have tenure, a union will not lift a hand to help you with anything? Striking is against the law for teachers in most states, and unions are even outlawed from collective bargaining in several others.

Oh, you didn't realize that? It is because you have been fed a steady diet of bullshit for your entire lifetime regarding teachers
That's funny..to me it sounds like you're the one regurgitating bullshit regarding teachers.

Does that apply to you?

That's funny..to me it sounds like you're the one regurgitating bullshit regarding teachers.

You know how many weeks off I get a year? Two. Total. And I'm fucking glad and grateful for them because most people get a lot less.

Does that apply to you?

You know how many weeks off I get a year? Two. Total. And I'm fucking glad and grateful for them because most people get a lot less.

Agreed. I get two weeks off myself, and I've been with the same company nearly 25 years. On top of that, any injuries or medical leave I take comes out of those two weeks.

When it comes to teaching, I guess it's all a matter on where you live. One of my past tenants was a teacher. He used to wake up on the morning, sit on his porch, and boast about how he was going to his camper in the summer while the rest of us were going to work.

He got several months off in the summer, two weeks for Spring break, several snow days, plus he had seven days of sick pay. I won't even talk about Christmas vacation.

I would be happy with one-third of the time he got off of work, but like all teachers, he moaned and groaned about the extra work he did while not getting paid such as grading papers at home, preparing lesson material, or going to these meetings.

He lost his job at our school because of a tax levy failure, and had to go back to work a regular job like the rest of us; he was a printing teacher. He was the most miserable SOB you ever wanted to be around because he was so accustomed to having all that time off. Industry doesn't give you nearly that amount of time to spend the entire summer at your camper.

Teaching may not be the easiest job in the world, but the compensation well makes up for any sacrifices. As for my friend and former tenant, it took him a few years to secure another teaching job. Why? Because there are so many people that want to be teachers. When you have any industry that has more supply than demand, it's a pretty good indication that the job is one anybody would love to have.

Does that apply to you?

Really? Tell me one instance of anything that I have said that is not true! I have taught for 19 years, in three different states and six different school districts.

Conservatives have a huge flaw when it comes to education. They often feel intellectually inferior to their teachers all of their lives, so they make up shit to make themselves feel better about themselves.

Does that apply to you?

Wow....

Wow - that's funny because I go by the local school during the summer - not one soul there. I go by the school during Spring Break - not one soul there. I go by the school during Christmas break - not one soul there. The only time I EVER see cars in the parking lot (when the school is out) is for "Teacher in-service days - which seem to be about every month now.

Most jobs I worked (in my youth) gave me - if I were lucky - one week off.

Forum List

Back